New member asking stupid questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been searching for plugs lately, I just crossed back over (long story) to the Mac platform, have MacPro 8 core Xeon 3GHz Mavericks 10.9.3 Reaper Focusrite interface Kontakt 5 and many others, some really good free ones, too, so I'm always on the lookout, and visit KVR regularly. I have noticed that about 2/3 of the plugs that come up in my search as KVR plugs, when I go get specific info, they are no longer available, and, so far, when I look at the system requirements, or to be more precise, "system available", they virtually all list only windows systems, not mac. Are the plugs here at KVR mainly exclusively windows, or is it just my luck to have only seen those so far? (I still have my old PC system, but I'm trying to consolidate everything I can on the Mac. I'm tired of trying to keep 5 computers running at the same time. The Mac will handle it all.) Thanks for reading

No, KVR is certainly not Windows-exclusive. We embrace Windows, OSX, and, with enough convincing, sometimes even Linux. :P

It might be more helpful to specify what you're looking for and your budget, then be prepared for pages and pages of people listing their personal favorites. You can minimize that by being as specific as possible in terms of what you want, what you don't want, and your budget.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Probably just your luck.

I do believe there are more plugins for Windows, than Mac, but many are cross platform.

Any particular types of plugins that you are looking for? People here are never short of offering suggestions.

Yes, today I was looking for drawbar organs. I have Kontakt 5 in transit with UPS, so I will have some good organs there, but I have a client who loves organ on his tracks, and I'm just looking for more to add to my palette. I know NI has a really nice organ package for about $149 that I will probably buy, but like I said, I'm just poking around here because I have found some real nice individual unique free plugs that are off the beaten path and breath fresh air into tracks that start to sound the same after awhile, trying to tweak the same olde patches. I guess I need to add the word "Mac" in my searches, huh. Thanks for the reply. R

Oh, yeah, speaking of really dumb questions, I'm a new member and have been poking around since I created my "account" trying to find the "logout" button, so I can move on for awhile and actually get some work done. I don't like leaving accounts that I am logged into dangling.

Just enter your OS under Operating Systems:
http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php

elxsound wrote:People here are never short of offering suggestions.
:D

Kvr has a great search function though. This is all the free mac plugs listed as such: http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1& ... c64&pr[]=f

ronbobb2233 wrote:Oh, yeah, speaking of really dumb questions, I'm a new member and have been poking around since I created my "account" trying to find the "logout" button, so I can move on for awhile and actually get some work done. I don't like leaving accounts that I am logged into dangling.
Click your user name (blue bar at top of the page) and you'll see a list of options. Log out is there.

ronbobb2233 wrote:Oh, yeah, speaking of really dumb questions, I'm a new member and have been poking around since I created my "account" trying to find the "logout" button, so I can move on for awhile and actually get some work done. I don't like leaving accounts that I am logged into dangling.
Haha I do this all the time. Careful KVR can become addictive..
:borg:

ronbobb2233 wrote: so I'm always on the lookout
for the logout button ? :lol:

I think Ben hid the logout button so people stay on KVR longer.
:borg:

cryophonik wrote:No, KVR is certainly not Windows-exclusive. We embrace Windows, OSX, and, with enough convincing, sometimes even Linux. :P
"We embrace"? Is this some collective decision you are making? :D

I must admit I would love a separate instrument sub-forum for MAC and PC

V0RT3X wrote:I think Ben hid the logout button so people stay on KVR longer.
hahaha. :bang:

You've gone mac? Silly boy.
It's been proven time and time again PC's are more efficient and sound better to boot.
Oh well, if you're ok with making third rate albums then so be it...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Numanoid wrote:
cryophonik wrote:No, KVR is certainly not Windows-exclusive. We embrace Windows, OSX, and, with enough convincing, sometimes even Linux. :P
"We embrace"? Is this some collective decision you are making? :D
Well, I use both platforms, soooooo.....yeah! :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Return to “Instruments”