Fall, Fall - JJ

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

High! This is my sixth KVRAudio song (you can listen to the others here:
Being Single, Cappuccino Monday, Psychosis, If I Had a Pair of You, and When You're Bad)

This song tones down the manic delirium just a touch to venture into some melodramatic, moonlit territory. Romance - an area in which I generally don't do well.

What do you think - too boring, too breathy, too lengthy, too incomprehensibly flowery?

Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/joejohnstun/fall-fall

Fall, Fall

When you laugh, love, morning comes out
To watch your eyes shine, sparkle and dance.
When you sing, love, angels are holding their breath.

When you dream, love, I kiss your eyes
With a new world, a sunflower sky.
When you're sad, love, I paint the rainbow for you.

If you cry, love, give me your tears.
If you walk away I will be there.

If you fall,
Fall into my arms.

When we kiss, love, I can make you
Forget all else. Lost here in the magic
We make love. I could move mountains for you.

If you hurt, love, give me your pain.
If you walk away I will be there.

If you fall,
Darling,
Fall into my arms.

This is beautiful jj. I will proudly say I knew you when you're famous. Get an agent immediately

Very well crafted tune with enough sugary sweetness to cause cavities. :) This kind of songwriting could have given Lionel Ritchie a run for his money in the 80s but I think this approach has fallen out of commercial favor in recent years.

You're all of the map. Some of your songs are manic, psychotic sexcapades. This one is so gentle, church ladies would embrace it. Will the real JJ please stand up?

you got a really unique voice jj. in awe of your talent. I can barely write a grocery list...

osiris: thank u, sir. you are too kind.

frantz: i agree, it's a little old-fashioned. i don't think that can be helped in this song unfortunately, without changing the basic fabric of its space-time continuum. so it may be doomed.
as to my map, that's a whole different bowl of ice-cream, and ur bafflement is completely justified. i am polyamorous, which basically translates into having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. so while ur always single, u never really are. i just think we're capable of so much love that there's more than enough to go around. but i hear u, it can be confusing unless ur in on it.

love!

JJ.

I wasn't trying to pry into your personal life. My impression was that the lyrics to this one were contrived to be commercial given your more edgy lyrics in the other songs.

Haha, good point^^.

Great song. The arrangement is nice and simple with a couple of neat little tricks thrown in for good measure. Great mix too.

Good work :)

Beautiful pop music! :tu:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

I'm glad you guys like it. Thank you for your feedback!

JJ.

Return to “Music Cafe”