Why I will buy more stuff from NI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I'm with you guys. There are a handful of items in K9U that I'd like to have (e.g., the reverbs, Scarbee Rick-bass), but most of it will probably just be hard drive bloat that never gets touched. Actually, though, the biggest thing that keeps me from upgrading is that once you upgrade to the Ultimate version, you're stuck upgrading to the Ultimate version. So, I'm just hoping that K10 standard includes the few goodies from K9U that I want (e.g., esp. the reverbs).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I recently upgraded from K3 to K9. They have a generous upgrade policy. And I've taken advantage of a few license transfers, which they do for free.

It seems all the complex sampled instruments, except soundsonline, use Kontakt as their engine.

guitar rig is cool as well reaktor kontakt monark that is what I want and then there is the orchestral / cinematic plus the organs pianos drums and bass guitars. Absynth Massive FM8 all semi decent if they add a new prophet and improve the modeling in g rig I would have to snag it ASAP also B5 would be a welcome addition.

Here upgrade from K7 to K9 after a license transfer and molekular and I will buy more stuff for the endless possibility's ...

I have been very happy with K9U. It was step 1 in getting back to in-the-box-music. I thought about it for a few weeks, pulled the trigger, and I am so glad I did. There are things that I haven't used much, but I will eventually. I have used The Giant a number of times for big piano chords. Drop the global tune an octave and it really sticks out.
Battery 4 has been the start of many songs, surprisingly. I'll start by picking some interesting factory soundset and then building some odd percussion part, mostly by dropping notes on the piano roll, and the wierd, polyrhythmic result leads to something new. That rather than dropping some 4/4 midi beat on the timeline.
I will upgrade to K10U most definitely.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

It seems that NI has changed the pricing policy for New Zealand :-(
I logged in and checked the prices and all of them in Australian dollars with 30% increased in the value :-o Before it was the same as for USA. That means I don't think I would buy again from their website, but maybe from the market place here in KVR. Glad that I bought Reaktor when discounted from them, and I'm more glad now that I cancelled the sale for it!
Anyway, I'm not sure I need something from NI. I might need a good piano (my eye on Pianoteq) and a good Organ later (VB3? maybe?). I'm still saving for that digital piano and I'm already investing in learning it and that has killed the GAS* inside me (sooo happy! :-D)

*I have another GAS for piano books/scores which is way less costy than vst/vsti/samples GAS :hihi:

While I really like NI's stuff, and have a lot of it. I think their support sucks. A while ago I sent in two emails and I never heard squat. :(

Luckily some kind soul on their forum helped me out. :)
Last edited by Robmobius on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

You were helped by a fish? :ud:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

The new Australian pricing stinks!

I find NI's licensing policy to be among the least restrictive in terms of authorization. I actually believe they trust their customers!

I will buy stuff from NI because they have products I want. I get a lot of value from their packages.

But not right now - like others, I am waiting for Reaktor 6. But I do not see that happening until Windows 9 releases.

Purchased K9U cross-grade during the recent sale in June. It arrived in two days, on a USB 2.0 hard drive, installed easily and relatively quickly (considering the overall size) on my iMac and has a tremendous amount of great content. Positive experience all around here, with NI.

elassi wrote:Dig your approach, Numanoid. :tu:

I'm so tired of complaints...
Oh, you just opened up a can of worms :lol:

I've mostly dug NI. Mostly you can demo stuff and the quality is top notch. But I have had to use their support and it's a 50/50 thing. Sometime, it's the bomb. Sometimes, they don't don't listen to you at all.

But by and large I've had good luck with their stuff. Lately, I'm really glad I paid the 49.50 (plus a voucher for 25 off) for the maschine 2.1 upgrade. I've got it KICKIN in live much better than 1.8 worked...but I'm using it with "push" and not the old MK1 controller I have. The integration is much improved, though I had to hunt and peck to figure it out :roll:

frankz00 wrote:I find NI's licensing policy to be among the least restrictive in terms of authorization. I actually believe they trust their customers!
Plus, they have been MORE than generous with license transfers. I needed to get rid of a bunch of duplicates when I went to komplete and they graciously allowed it (though in the eula it says no)

Return to “Instruments”