What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

trimph1
KVRAF

13756 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:17 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

hibidy wrote:
tapper mike wrote:I come home after grocery shopping on Monday and just as soon as I put everything away the power goes out. It doesn't come back on till a few hours ago. Everything in the fridge is now headed for the dumpster. The power outage affected only a small area around me so I go off to a near by market to pay my electric bill. It's two early and the guy who handles it is away. They tell me to come back in a few hours. So then I decide to get work done at the local library (because I work online and the library has wi-fi. I'm there for a total of 15 minutes when the outage spreads to the library. I see intersection lights on in the distance about half a mile from the library. Which is near where I pay my utility bills. So I walk down the street to the coffee shop and figure I can do my work there. No sooner do I get down to the coffee shop then the power goes out in that area. I figure okay maybe if I can't work I can at least pay some bills it's late enough for the guy at the market which is another half mile down the road (mind you I don't have a car so I'm lugging a laptop around with me on a hot summer day) I go to the market and sure enough the power is out there.

Power out yesterday and power out today. It finally kicks back in just a few minutes ago and I'm trying to make up for two days work right now with nothing but crackers and canned soup in the house.

That sucks! :x

Fricking fracking power grid!!! :x :x
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Hink
Rad Grandad

24726 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

instead of sending us each a notice at my apartment when they are doing things (like shutting off the water) they put a notice in the doors going in and out of the building. Now typically that would not piss me off, I dont want the paper waste anyhow and I will see the notice. But my good friend Brian who has CP and is in a wheelchair has his own separate entrance, his chair doesn't climb stairs so he doesn't see the notices. There are almost 40 buildings in this complex (with 12 apartments in each), each building has 2 hand-cap apartments on the ground floor...there are quite a few tenants in wheelchairs...you would think they would get it :?

This place has gone downhill really fast
New Song LBS
SODDI
KVRAF

2687 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

A pair of wire strippers that don't strip wires and they were relatively expensive, too. I INVENTED cuss words.
experimental.crow
KVRAF

4796 posts since 9 Mar, 2003

Postby experimental.crow; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:55 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

macmurphy wrote:
hibidy wrote::x

I just dealt with a hospital all day, necessary evil!

yeah i just read your post :hug:

my latest experiences w/ hospitals have gone well , and i came away impressed
with the people i dealt with , the advances in technology , and extremely grateful for the
affordable health care law ...

yymv ...
oitmmbctta ...

okay ... not pissed off ...
sorry ...
Compyfox
KVRAF

11233 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

After my last encounters with hospitals - I try to stay as far away from them as possible.
Even the smell is still sickening me.

Speaking of being PO'd:

I invested several months at the end of last year on a promising project: to concept/construct a small scale studio for a youth club down the street. But without much payment (actually, a pittance - less than 1,50bucks/day!) however. I helped in terms of finding gear at the lowest prices possible, I built their studio rig, I set up their gear, I helped(!) renovating and treating the room. All in all I think I spent 4-5 months on this.

Then for over half a year - radio silence. I recently found out (thanks to a peer helper), that the studio still didn't seem to be finished and is at a halted status (today I got to know that the studio is actually in a functional state! The state I left it to be precise!). One of the youth club leaders is on maternity leave, the other one wasn't happy with the outcome of the whole project "youth club" and left. So currently, there are two substitutes. One I haven't even seen yet, and the other one acting like a mix of a very angry sports teacher and bouncer (yet still can't keep the kids in check).

For the last two weeks I tried to get access to this studio, not only due to the fact that I lent them a couple of gear pieces until they got new funds to complete the studio. After I head that the was no further advancement whatsoever, I wanted to see the status of this studio. And half a year later, I slowly want my gear back of course - especially if the studio does not seem to be in use. Not to mention that I wasn't further involved either, even if otherwise promised. I wasn't stupid of course, I created a contract with them that clearly states "I lend you stuff for the time being, you get your own gear - you break mine, I get new stuff!.

So far, I was always dismissed of entering the rooms. I was constantly told "this needs to be cleared first", and I was also being shoved back verbally the further I entered the facilities. Always on a "friendly you" basis, rather than "thou" (Sie) - which pisses me off big time. I mean... I'm in my mid 30ies for funks sake, I built this darn thing - I'm not one of those street kids without manners that goes in and out there. I don't know these people, neither do they know me. A little bit of respect is in order, no?

Today, I finally snapped - couldn't hold back anymore. I said "you know what... if we want to play it this way, let's do this - I'm a neighbor (neighbors have some sort of say with certain projects in this area), I invested my spare time with this, I helped with the funding and promotion - I want to see the status of the premises!". I was once more told that I need "clearance first - ask the new headmaster, I told you that before!" and that "the key to the room isn't even here - I told you that as well". Seeing as I contacted the headmaster and never got an answer (that's two weeks by now), I went to the youth club directly to clear things. Later I was told, that they were in touch with the new headmaster after my visit - yet nothing happened. This outcome angered me even more.

I was even slightly threatened by this person, yet didn't respond accordingly - I only realized this later. Like "in order to get into the room, you have to kick in the door - and you have to go through me first!". Which I consider a clear threat!

Another comment I got today was "I don't know you, I don't even know what gear belongs to you!" but at the same breath "but if you want to leave the modules that you still have at this place - I'm sure to forward this". I mean... WTF?! Again, I don't know these people - he's a temporary substitute! I'm not stupid to leave expensive pieces of gear that I swore to keep save and maintained at a place where I can't even trust the new management - since I don't know them, and they don't want to get to know me either.

Furthermore, why the funk is the key to a project studio; that is a part of this youth club; whose finances were only cleared with the requirement that this premise will be available to the surrounding schools, day cares, cultural establishments and neighbors at any given time... not at the place where it should be? At the current local contacts. They are so paranoid at the youth club to even lock their bureau doors - something that wasn't the case before, and kids didn't steal sh*t! So why do I have to make appointments at a place that is several km away from this youth club and doesn't even know of local schedules?! Or can't even answer a mail with the request to please get in touch with me (apparently, this person isn't even on vacation - as mentioned above, they got in touch with each other after my first visit).

The only thing I got to see was, that the studio section was closed off (door), the missing window was built in, and they attached a curtain. So no chance to even take a peek. It could be a mess in this room, it could be cleaned up - I couldn't tell.

As pissed off as I was, I then said... "Okay, enough! I wasted another afternoon for this. I was not contacted by the headmaster so far. I am constantly being dismissed. I will now address this to the people who funded this project (info: it's funded by the neighborhood management, which in turn is funded by national funding and therefore our taxes!)! Consider this studio a failure and don't expect any future funding for either this or the youth club! Best wishes to the new headmaster!" and left.

What saddens me the most - or ticks me off - I can't decide on that...

This youth club wasn't great to begin with. The kids were mostly with migration background, nervous, aggressive. The club didn't do anything "positive" to get them off the streets or improve the reputation of this area. Barely any homework done under supervision, no sensible courses, nothing. The only thing they did there was hang around, be as loud and as rude as possible, hang around on the PC or play Playstation, beating themselves up, grabbing free food and that's it. Well, maybe the occasional boxing course that is also not held anymore due to lack of funding and appropriate rooms.

I come from an area, where such youth clubs took care of the kids, had fun projects, took them in, helped with problems of various kinds, offered courses and homework done under supervision without questioning. The complete opposite of this!

So I saw a chance to improve things, and offered my services since they asked for help in a local news paper.

I have to admit... The whole concept of this particular youth club in question was already funked up, but now it's even worse. I mean - the club is open from 3pm to 8pm, but most of these kids need to be home by 6pm, and school's out at 1pm latest. Then this thing isn't open every day either, only Tuesday to Friday, closed during school holidays (where kids might actually benefit from such clubs) with no contacts being available. Furthermore, it has an age limitation from 12 to 15 - yet the several times I walked by or actually went in there recently, these kids were ELDER than 15 (or at least looked like that - make up and clothing can definitely fool you)! And what did they do? Quarrel as loud as they could, and played on their smartphones at the same time.

This area could benefit from a well running youth club, but no...
No manners, no respect - not even an interest to improve on that.

I helped building this project studio in good hope that the cultural aspect in our area will be written higher again. That these kids can channel their anger with songs they can write themselves, or with supervision. Which was my main intention why I helped building this, getting some songs on the road, and maybe getting a slight bonus income in return if I invest a couple of hours ever other week (thought of 20-50 bucks/month - which is not much if you only invest 2x5 hours - that equals 5bucks/h without tax! Way less than I'd earn at a regular part-time job, or through freelance deals). Music is something that is being massively neglected in this town. But this outcome is more than disappointing - it was a waste of time on all ends.

And the neighborhood management is wearing blinders on this - not to mention that their opening times are even better - 2 days with 4 hours of "speak time" a week. And I can't start a similar project with my studio, since i'm a private individual and not an institution.

If anything, it teaches me one thing:
Never work on longer running honorary projects for free anymore!
And if you realize that the payment doesn't weight up to the involved work, stop instantly.

A good mentioned will is definitely exploited these days.

Lengthy post - channeled the remaining steam I had left after a phone call to my better half (who is also speechless). Time to call it a day.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Without hospitals I were already dead...

Maybe you should run your own youth club, Compyfox, and invite poor people who are really interested in making music? I'm quite sure there are some young rappers/beat makers/DJs/guitar players etc. in Berlin...
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:28 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

The worst thing I experienced in a hospital was in Regensburg some years ago when my appendix had to be removed because it was about to break through. After waking from anesthesia, only white uric gravel came out of me, at least one liter of it...they said it was because of the anesthesia but they must have injected me a lot more than necessary because it was never that extreme...

...then they infused me a certain pain killer and I got circulation problems. I told it the nurse, then another nurse came and gave me the same infusion, so I told it her, too, then the other nurse came again and had forgotten what I said, so she gave me the same infusion again...needed 2 days until they finally sorted it out... :x

...then they put 5 different pills of pain killers in my med box, and I complained that I only need one of them, not several pain killers at the same time. So I took only one, and it was sufficient... Maybe they tried to use me as guinea pig for pain killers, I don't know... :scared:

...my bed neighbor was a 93 years old man who talked with everything in his dementia, he talked the whole night with imaginary persons and non-existing telephones, I couldn't sleep - then he always got entangled in his tubes, and I had to call a nurse...a few hours after it the same happened again...

...I was near my mental breakdown... :cry:
werp
KVRian

1018 posts since 14 Aug, 2012, from Australia

Postby werp; Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:25 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

kids left some kind farming implement disc near my top gate, son number one had his car parked somewhere odd so I made a tight turn and hit this out of sight disc..
killed my back left tyre.
New tyre = $429 australian
:roll:
My avatar is fat and lazy, I'm 11 pixels narrower but just as lazy.
Compyfox
KVRAF

11233 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Tricky-Loops wrote:Without hospitals I were already dead...

I am surprised that with certain hospital stories, that we are not. And yes, I can tell of similar...

Tricky-Loops wrote:Maybe you should run your own youth club, Compyfox, and invite poor people who are really interested in making music? I'm quite sure there are some young rappers/beat makers/DJs/guitar players etc. in Berlin...

I could if I had the funds and the facilities. But I'm not a trained social worker, neither a youth educator.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6369 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:12 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

I'm sick but like I've never been before.
I can think straight but feel a bit wobbly sometimes.
I was wide awake at 2am, up at 6 and feel fine (apart from the sickness obviously).
Have completely lost my voice due to lots of flem on my chest/lungs. The flem isn't moving up to my head though which is why I still feel ok.
I do suspect something mega is coming :(
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
trimph1
KVRAF

13756 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:I'm sick but like I've never been before.
I can think straight but feel a bit wobbly sometimes.
I was wide awake at 2am, up at 6 and feel fine (apart from the sickness obviously).
Have completely lost my voice due to lots of flem on my chest/lungs. The flem isn't moving up to my head though which is why I still feel ok.
I do suspect something mega is coming :(

Get to emerg...sounds like some kind of fluid build up in/around your lungs. :hug:
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Bombadil
KVRist

420 posts since 31 Aug, 2013

Postby Bombadil; Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Some wanker is making extremely low-ball offers on a guitar ad on eBay. I ignored his first offer, then he upped it €10.00. This time I told him to sod himself. Hope it isn't against eBay's terms and conditions of use.
hibidy
KVRAF

41072 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:46 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

10 bucks? And that was the second one? Wow, that's hilarious.
SODDI
KVRAF

2687 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

Food poisoning from that dubious Chinese take-out joint down the road. 12 hours of agony.

But it all came out all right in the end. I slay me.
hibidy
KVRAF

41072 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:22 pm Re: What has pissed you off today?

har!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic