What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
7705 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

bluedad wrote:Don't think I've seen this mentioned already, but from the Steinberg site
30% off ugrades to Cubase 7.5 through Aug 31

although, it seems to only apply to
"Cubase Elements 6/7, Cubase Essential 4/5, Sequel 2/3, Cubase SL 1/2/3, Cubase SX 1/2/3, Cubase SE 3, Studio Case 2, Cubase LE 4/5/6/7 or Cubase AI 4/5/6/7"

apparently, if you have C5, or C6 tough love, baby you've got to pay the regular price.
:x
that's quite annoying.


They had 40% off last August. I remember some complaining about that then -- Steinberg was giving the heaviest discounts to the AI/LE upgraders.

Seems like they are more interested in getting people into Artist or Full than keeping them there.

I went with the Artist version since it was considerably cheaper (I think I paid 100 dollars to upgrade from AI4 -> Artist 7 that came with the 7.5 upgrade). Was thinking the upgrade would be cheaper from Artist 7.5 to Full 7.5.

Hilariously, it only costs 30 dollars more to move from AI -> Full 7.5 than it does for me to upgrade from Artist 7.5 -> Full 7.5 !!!
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:34 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

invitia wrote:No summer sale from Toontrack this year?

I want several EZX expansions for my EzDrummer2. :hihi:


We still have some EZX's left over from the last sale. Please PM me if you're interested in them.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:35 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

SirKen wrote:Toontrack is having a Superior Drummer sale on their own website. Audiodeluxe has better prices though. Is JRRShop going to price match the deals?


Sorry, I fell behind on this one. The Superior Drummer and SDX sale is up now:

http://www.jrrshop.com/toontrack?dir=de ... _from_date
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:36 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

stroker_ace wrote:I'm trying to buy Lounge Lizard EP-4 from JRR, but it's not automatically deducting the extra 15%.

Has anybody successfully purchased this with the extra 15% discount?


Sorry, this is now fixed:

http://www.jrrshop.com/aas?dir=desc&lim ... _from_date
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
stroker_ace
KVRist
 
207 posts since 13 Feb, 2010

Postby stroker_ace; Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:03 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Uncle E wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:I'm trying to buy Lounge Lizard EP-4 from JRR, but it's not automatically deducting the extra 15%.

Has anybody successfully purchased this with the extra 15% discount?


Sorry, this is now fixed:

http://www.jrrshop.com/aas?dir=desc&lim ... _from_date


Ordered! :party:

Thanks for the quick fix.
"Nothing says "Welcome to the Internet!" like a thin-skinned, last word-freak tattletale with father issues" - Thomas Dolby
Musical Gym
KVRAF
 
3408 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:44 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

disregard, solution found..
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
7705 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:57 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

JRR Shop

AudioDeluxe ?

I ordered a pair of Earplugs from AudioDeluxe on the 28th and they are still in 'Shipping Processing' mode.

Before that, they told me their order process was incomplete and fixed it to include a shipping address from an initial attempt on the 26th. After 2 days of waiting they canceled the order and told me to reorder. So I did on the 28th now it is just sitting.

Think they are much better with electronic shipped orders though (software licenses).


Update: Received the UVI/Digital Synsations serial email this evening.. after the product I ordered to get this offer arrived. hehe at least it came!
Last edited by VitaminD on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Musical Gym wrote:I have a Vanilla Visa gift card good only in U.S.

Any recommendations for US vendors with bargains?


We just put UVI Darklight IIX and The Beast on sale for $79.20 in cart, plus receive a free Digital Synsations library:

UVI Darklight IIX and The Beast $99 at JRR Shop

There's no sales tax in California.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
User avatar
bluedad
something special
 
7998 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:05 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

VitaminD wrote:They had 40% off last August. I remember some complaining about that then -- Steinberg was giving the heaviest discounts to the AI/LE upgraders.

Seems like they are more interested in getting people into Artist or Full than keeping them there.

I went with the Artist version since it was considerably cheaper (I think I paid 100 dollars to upgrade from AI4 -> Artist 7 that came with the 7.5 upgrade). Was thinking the upgrade would be cheaper from Artist 7.5 to Full 7.5.

Hilariously, it only costs 30 dollars more to move from AI -> Full 7.5 than it does for me to upgrade from Artist 7.5 -> Full 7.5 !!!

I could save $30 by reinstalling SX2 and upgrading from that..but I wanted 30% off of $299. I'd bite at that with no hesitation. Bah! I'm just as content with C5, just wanted a new shiny Cubase!
I did write Steinberg though, telling them how disappointed I was that we were left out. No answer, but I didn't expect any.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

bluedad wrote:I could save $30 by reinstalling SX2 and upgrading from that..but I wanted 30% off of $299. I'd bite at that with no hesitation. Bah! I'm just as content with C5, just wanted a new shiny Cubase!
I did write Steinberg though, telling them how disappointed I was that we were left out. No answer, but I didn't expect any.


I'm actually trying to find someone to sell me Cubase 6.5. I don't want 7.5 anymore.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
User avatar
bluedad
something special
 
7998 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Uncle E wrote:
I'm actually trying to find someone to sell me Cubase 6.5. I don't want 7.5 anymore.

lol, I should be happy with what I've got and wait to see how 8 turns out.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
7705 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Uncle E wrote:
bluedad wrote:I could save $30 by reinstalling SX2 and upgrading from that..but I wanted 30% off of $299. I'd bite at that with no hesitation. Bah! I'm just as content with C5, just wanted a new shiny Cubase!
I did write Steinberg though, telling them how disappointed I was that we were left out. No answer, but I didn't expect any.


I'm actually trying to find someone to sell me Cubase 6.5. I don't want 7.5 anymore.



Aren't the licenses backwards compatible? I mean if you have 7.5 can't you run 7, 6.5, 5.5 or any other older version?
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
DrumAddict
KVRist
 
164 posts since 3 Jun, 2012

Postby DrumAddict; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Uncle E wrote:I'm actually trying to find someone to sell me Cubase 6.5. I don't want 7.5 anymore.


Cubase 6.5 are just working also with Cubase 7.5 License , you would just need the Cubase 6.5 install Medium , also Cubase 6.5 and Cubase 7.5 can be installed side by side , at least on PC
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:36 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

DrumAddict wrote:Cubase 6.5 are just working also with Cubase 7.5 License , you would just need the Cubase 6.5 install Medium , also Cubase 6.5 and Cubase 7.5 can be installed side by side , at least on PC


:dog:

Thanks guys!
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
7705 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

bluedad wrote:
VitaminD wrote:They had 40% off last August. I remember some complaining about that then -- Steinberg was giving the heaviest discounts to the AI/LE upgraders.

Seems like they are more interested in getting people into Artist or Full than keeping them there.

I went with the Artist version since it was considerably cheaper (I think I paid 100 dollars to upgrade from AI4 -> Artist 7 that came with the 7.5 upgrade). Was thinking the upgrade would be cheaper from Artist 7.5 to Full 7.5.

Hilariously, it only costs 30 dollars more to move from AI -> Full 7.5 than it does for me to upgrade from Artist 7.5 -> Full 7.5 !!!

I could save $30 by reinstalling SX2 and upgrading from that..but I wanted 30% off of $299. I'd bite at that with no hesitation. Bah! I'm just as content with C5, just wanted a new shiny Cubase!
I did write Steinberg though, telling them how disappointed I was that we were left out. No answer, but I didn't expect any.


I suspect you will get no answer. It really does seem like there is an effort solely on getting the bundle versions into 'larger' licenses.. and that is that.

If you are on 5 then wow.. hehe you're one of the last holdouts :cP hehe

kidding.. I know one very well known (trance) producer is using an ancient version of Cubase too. So you are in good company in the last holdouts section. :cP

But why pay 300 USD when you can pay 730! http://www.fullcompass.com/product/461266.html

Still kidding.. but it's fun! :ud:

In seriousness.. yes it is really dumb what they do from a customer's perspective. It is a sales move to keep those within a half version on the wagon or those without any version onto the wagon for the first time. Eventually the difference in versions becomes so large they give you a discount to get back on the wagon.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)