IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

wow, IKMM, way to spam my inbox with videos :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yes, we've published the news on our site that SampleTank 3 is shipping July 24th, so there is just under 3 weeks until the preorder pricing ends too - in case anyone is still undecided, now they know how long they have to do so: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

Burillo wrote:wow, IKMM, way to spam my inbox with videos :-D
Here too. And all with JRude...
ew.

syncII wrote: ST3 is available from 24th July. That's great news isn't it?

Personally I'm really excited. Bring it on :clap:
+1
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
syncII wrote: ST3 is available from 24th July. That's great news isn't it?

Personally I'm really excited. Bring it on :clap:
+1
Thanks to you both. Quite excited here too, for many reasons :) It is great now that people know when the preorder period is over and can make their decision accordingly. Details are here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

Burillo wrote:wow, IKMM, way to spam my inbox with videos :-D
We did send a newsletter about the SampleTank 3 shipping date (with a link to a non-JR video, ironically) and one other recently (about recently-released iKlip Xpand and Xpand Mini) but that is all, so if anyone would like to receive this you can sign up at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter - any other notifications about videos and such seem to be KVR, not IK, emails for those unclear about the above (and one other) post on the subject. We do not control notifications from KVR about posted and approved videos, I would guess that a "send notifications in digest form" option would be a good idea if it isn't already available. I'm sure someone from KVR can help with questions about their notification system.

Funny, all I get is iJunk spam (which does go into my spam folder). Haven't seen hide nor hair of ST3 spam.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I got one thing. It wasn't anything offensive that I could see. Jordan Rudess is a top-notch player. I know he's so omni-present he gets a bad rap, but I'd want someone who can PLAY to be showing off my software too.

Bombadil wrote:Funny, all I get is iJunk spam (which does go into my spam folder). Haven't seen hide nor hair of ST3 spam.
Anything from us has an unsubscribe link if you consider it unsolicited email. It is pretty straightforward but if you have any issues unsubscribing please let me know and I'll help or have someone do it manually.

hibidy wrote:I got one thing. It wasn't anything offensive that I could see. Jordan Rudess is a top-notch player. I know he's so omni-present he gets a bad rap, but I'd want someone who can PLAY to be showing off my software too.
his omni-presence would not be such a bad thing, were it not for the fact that you stop trusting any of his endorsements after a while

as for his playing ?? he can clearly play very well, but he seems so desperate to show you how many notes he can squeeze into as few seconds as possible (or from as few octaves as possible), that he loses all sense of dynamics and subtlety. he all but ruined those sound demos for me.

Oh, I've poked fun at all that myself.

A couple of pages back I was ranting about the way IK does business wrt ST3 (blind preorder, no jam points). I've thought about it for a while and now I have to admit that I placed my preorder. When it comes to product quality, IK has never let me down. I did buy a gift certificate back then from Sweetwater, so I got the upgrade for $90 (66€). I'm pretty sure that's a very fair price and I'll get my share out of it. I'm really looking forward to ST3.

My excuses to IK for being a bit harsh! I'm certain many people are working hard to get something great out of the door.

Don't get me wrong, I still think many of IK's business practices are annoying as hell. But so far, the product quality counts more to me.

Re Jordan Rudess: I, too, think that while he's technically brilliant, the demos are often just blasts of notes. Some more detailed, subtle demos would have been great.

I was going to post "the" photo but decided nah.

paterpeter wrote:Re Jordan Rudess: I, too, think that while he's technically brilliant, the demos are often just blasts of notes. Some more detailed, subtle demos would have been great.
yeah, the sounds must be left to breathe a little.

IK, the fact that the emails come from KVR doesn't change the fact that you've uploaded them :-D i wasn't bothered by a video or two before, but up to this day, no one has uploaded 45 videos at once...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Instruments”