A shiny new version of an older song - Obsolescence

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My friend, girlfriend, and I formed a band about a year and a half ago. We've largely generated material by donating songs we'd written before the band's inception, and adapting them (in my case) or arranging them (in the cases of the other two members). This is a new recording of a slightly older song of mine, entitled "Obsolescence."

https://soundcloud.com/eat-crepes/obsolescence
Last edited by nineofkings on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Since the original recording is one of my favorites of yours, I prefer it over this version. There is nothing wrong with this version but I'm already used to the original with your vocals. If I heard this version first, perhaps I would prefer it.

That's fair. There are certain things about this version that I prefer, though, like the haunting quality of the female vox in the chorus.

I don't think I've heard the original version, but I really liked this one. The vocal arrangement is great, and the autotune works well. It's quite a chilled number, but with a very powerful and full sounding mix. This is the second great pop song I've heard in the Cafe today.

Good work :)

I not only remember the original, it's on my player :)
The most noticable thing about this remix is that the vocals are much clearer. That makes this a winner, otherwise it's very much 50:50, being familiar with the older version makes this one sound slightly strange, but I'd be prepared to make the effort to get just as familiar with this one :-P
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks! A couple of happy coincidences lined up on the vocals. I got a new microphone, which is clearer than my older one. Also, this vocalist's voice which sits in a slightly higher frequency range than mine, which is good for cutting through the deep guitar and bass.

Return to “Music Cafe”