Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A change of pace relative to my usual style. 2 Strat parts and a bass guitar too. This was about 28 hours' work and is a chilled, downtempo piece featuring some Psychic Modulation instruments.

EDIT:20220426: mp3 link removed

on SoundCloud:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/ganymedes-inertia

kit and caboodle:-

Recorded and mixed in EnergyXT 2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 3

Ganymed
Phonec
Construct
Microtrance
CM SR-202
EVM UltraSonique
Lounge Lizard EP-4
Fender Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass Active IV
Valhalla FreqEcho
REFLEX free V1.1
Replicant
Eos
Pod Farm 2
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 9

EDIT:20220426 - Remixed in September 2021 - I made a few minor panning adjustments, tweaked the EQ settings for all instruments, using EQuivocate to clean up a couple of resonant hotspots. I also made a few minor levelling adjustments. The track was then mastered in T-Racks5 for a future album release.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/gany ... ks5-master

Recorded and mixed in EnergyXT 2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Ganymed
Phonec
Construct
Microtrance
CM SR-202
EVM UltraSonique
Lounge Lizard EP-4
Fender Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass Active IV
Valhalla FreqEcho
Blue Cat Gain3 Stereo
REFLEX free V1.1
Replicant
Eos
Pod Farm 2
EQuivocate
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 10
Last edited by seismic1 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A very dreamy and relaxing piece.

I like your composition very much and the choir
is a perfect choice to give it even more
feeling.
The drums/percussion just adds to the enjoyment.

:tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sounds nice ... pleasant tune and ambiance

sbj wrote:A very dreamy and relaxing piece.

I like your composition very much and the choir
is a perfect choice to give it even more
feeling.
The drums/percussion just adds to the enjoyment.

:tu:
Thanks very much for the listen and the great comments. Glad you were able to chill with this :)

Excellent track Tim. Enjoying another listen...
I love the way each sound fits the mood and there is nothing out of place or superfluous. Glorious sounds too!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

markkuja wrote:sounds nice ... pleasant tune and ambiance
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, markkuja. Glad you liked it :)

Nice sound with warm pads and emotions :tu: .

All the best
M.

Very nice... a track that softly beckons, then deftly plucks a few heartstrings. Nice work!

Lovely piece Tim, a nice gentle introduction to the sunrise this morning. Well done! 8)
Image Image

A relaxing piece. The guitar and bass are very well integrated with the synths. These instruments give it an organic feel. I am hoping to hear more guitar and bass in future pieces.

The composition is quite mellow. There is a unchanging, underlying part (except when muted at the midpoint) over which additional instruments are added. For me, this combination of mellowness and sameyness makes it work like background, ambient music. Not a bad thing but it tends to fly under my mental radar unless I intentionally focus on it.

The Vangelis-type synth that first appears at 1:39 has some harsh high frequencies at the peak of the filter envelope of every note. Listening at low volume helps minimize this.

Allomerus wrote:Excellent track Tim. Enjoying another listen...
I love the way each sound fits the mood and there is nothing out of place or superfluous. Glorious sounds too!
Well done!
:)
Thanks for listening again, John. Glad you liked it :)

This was originally conceived as a techno piece, but I was unhappy with the way it was going, so I started substituting sounds, and the downtempo style seemed to flow from those. The guitar and bass were added towards the end of the recording session. This was quite a fun tune to make.

M.Brösel wrote:Nice sound with warm pads and emotions :tu: .

All the best
M.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, M. Glad you liked it :)

Like James Bond, shaken, not stirred :wink:

ariston wrote:Very nice... a track that softly beckons, then deftly plucks a few heartstrings. Nice work!
Thanks very much for your kind words and for listening, ariston. glad you liked it :)

I enjoyed this. I like the choir. Also when things drop away around 3:50. Good stuff. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

polyslax wrote:Lovely piece Tim, a nice gentle introduction to the sunrise this morning. Well done! 8)
Thanks very much, Matt. Good for the weekend, but I fear that something more energetic is required for weekday mornings :)

Return to “Music Cafe”