Fire Temple

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cut-up cello over ambient electronics.

https://soundcloud.com/phase47/fragments-by-fire-temple

Amytis Dawning, the album, is available for pre-order on Bandcamp (releases July 10th, 2014):

http://firetemple.bandcamp.com/album/amytis-dawning

There are a couple of preview tracks on the album page.

This collection took years to complete. The editing took ages to create the arrangements from the raw cello tracks, and then writing music beds to go with the strings... it added up.

Let me know what you think - thanks.

The skies here in England are gloomy and overcast as I listen to this, which seems to suit the sombre and melancholy feeling of this piece. The cello blends well with the soft ambient additions.

Good work :)
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check this track against the English sky...

https://soundcloud.com/phase47/the-field

It definitely feels like music that should be listened to indoors whilst the rain pours down outside, or perhaps music accompanying a slo-mo scene in a movie where the hero drives through the streets of a city at night with the rain pouring down, the windscreen wipers moving back and forth, and the occasional glare of headlamps from the approaching traffic. Cinematic.

Good work :)

Definitely rainy days & nights music - I agree Seismic.

Hello. Lovely cello amid complimentary sound and movement. I enjoyed these, the second one more so, and agree about the somber sky effect. To me your cello (and cello in general I suppose) has so much sound and richness to it. I hear and see in my mind the strings vibrate and the bow hairs fraying. Good job.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Cheers Morgaxx - thanks. We definitely accentuated the grain you can get from a cello in certain passages. I kept telling Christine to think of grit, sand, dust... these different kinds of things to pull different textures out of the cello.

She did a good job. Out of curiosity, was this in performance or processing?
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote:She did a good job. Out of curiosity, was this in performance or processing?
Both.

Hi Phase47.
No time to read the thread right yet.
Listened to 1st 2 trks so far.
Having trouble with this. Can`t seem to make the leap from classical
schooled cello articulation appreciation to minimalist/ambient cello.
Christine approaches her cello in the schooled manner. I don`t see she has taken
the instrument into her own self expression. The vibrato is used to exhaustion and her ADSR envelopes don`t seem to shift much. She plays like a product of her education. Maybe she needs to do some psychedelics. :)

I have a history for being had nosed concerning cellists and ambient. I can barely accept David Darling. I`ll listen more, maybe i`ll convert. :) I want to hear more of your input in this production...more listens.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I'll pass that along about the psychedelics, lol. My guess, or my hope rather, is that when you're able to hear the whole thing in one sitting, a new appreciation will dawn for the approach we took, which was quite different than may appear on the surface level.

I'll post a link here to the album when it releases on Thursday.

Appreciate the feedback, as always, Barry! (Where were you on the SoftWorld thread?!?!)

Phase47 wrote:I'll pass that along about the psychedelics, lol. My guess, or my hope rather, is that when you're able to hear the whole thing in one sitting, a new appreciation will dawn for the approach we took, which was quite different than may appear on the surface level.

I'll post a link here to the album when it releases on Thursday.

Appreciate the feedback, as always, Barry! (Where were you on the SoftWorld thread?!?!)
Ha..I know, I have a rep now for not knowing whether I like something or not at first listen. :lol: "Source Transmission" I know now, is truly an important step along the future path of electronic ambient music. As for the cello though...after thinking about it a bit, I know now that I just don`t accept cello as a front/solo instrument period...but that`s just my take. I can`t stand the constant rate vibrato on every note held more then 2 secs. That`s just me. :)

I liked what I do hear of your backdrop support. Delete the cello and i`m in! :) :lol:
I listened to the snippets of Christine`s 1st album. The Celtic music... She does manage to play pure solid tones without vibrato.
The psychedelics...right? :lol:

Yeah, I will listen to it in whole when posted...but the odds are against me on this one I think. :shrug:

Softworld? Jobs? Did you know i`m looking for work? Gaming? I wasn`t in any threads no.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Softworld?
Check this thread. Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but thoughts/comments always welcome:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=414633

woah lovely sounds :)

anmlsrmnml wrote:woah lovely sounds :)
Thanks ANM. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”