What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

paterpeter
KVRian
 
1447 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 pm Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

A couple of pages back I was ranting about the way IK does business wrt ST3 (blind preorder, no jam points). I've thought about it for a while and now I have to admit that I placed my preorder. When it comes to product quality, IK has never let me down. I did buy a gift certificate back then from Sweetwater, so I got the upgrade for $90 (66€). I'm pretty sure that's a very fair price and I'll get my share out of it. I'm really looking forward to ST3.

My excuses to IK for being a bit harsh! I'm certain many people are working hard to get something great out of the door.

Don't get me wrong, I still think many of IK's business practices are annoying as hell. But so far, the product quality counts more to me.

Re Jordan Rudess: I, too, think that while he's technically brilliant, the demos are often just blasts of notes. Some more detailed, subtle demos would have been great.
hibidy
KVRAF
 
40420 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:44 pm Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

I was going to post "the" photo but decided nah.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
3935 posts since 24 May, 2009, from south park....DUH !!!

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

paterpeter wrote:Re Jordan Rudess: I, too, think that while he's technically brilliant, the demos are often just blasts of notes. Some more detailed, subtle demos would have been great.


yeah, the sounds must be left to breathe a little.
User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
 
1526 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:53 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

IK, the fact that the emails come from KVR doesn't change the fact that you've uploaded them :-D i wasn't bothered by a video or two before, but up to this day, no one has uploaded 45 videos at once...
From Russia with love
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:41 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

We didn't expect them all to be approved at once (edit - because you may not be aware that admin area items have only a limited amount of items approved and others queue so we naturally expected videos to work this way too), and I'd expect a digest option for their notifications would exist for situations where many were approved at one time. Sorry, we still don't control that and will try to upload things as efficiently as possible. Again, we don't control the approval or notifications but sharpen the pitchforks about it if you feel it appropriate at least we know you saw the notifications.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:44 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

Any questions about SampleTank 3? Hope those in the US are enjoying the holiday too.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:45 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
paterpeter wrote:Re Jordan Rudess: I, too, think that while he's technically brilliant, the demos are often just blasts of notes. Some more detailed, subtle demos would have been great.


yeah, the sounds must be left to breathe a little.

I do appreciate the suggestion and will relay it.
BBFG#
KVRAF
 
3033 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:57 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

Just a quick off topic/on topic note that I may have found the reason for IKM 64 bit software not working on my system and am hopeful it is resolved so I can install STank3 without issue!
:wheee: :harp: :wheee: :violin: :band: :wheee: :band2:
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

BBFG# wrote:Just a quick off topic/on topic note that I may have found the reason for IKM 64 bit software not working on my system and am hopeful it is resolved so I can install STank3 without issue!
:wheee: :harp: :wheee:

Great news if that works so please let me know!
BBFG#
KVRAF
 
3033 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Just a quick off topic/on topic note that I may have found the reason for IKM 64 bit software not working on my system and am hopeful it is resolved so I can install STank3 without issue!
:wheee: :harp: :wheee:

Great news if that works so please let me know!


I PM'd you so you can pass it on to support.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Just a quick off topic/on topic note that I may have found the reason for IKM 64 bit software not working on my system and am hopeful it is resolved so I can install STank3 without issue!
:wheee: :harp: :wheee:

Great news if that works so please let me know!


I PM'd you so you can pass it on to support.

Thank you, I'll check it out.
syncII
KVRist
 
82 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby syncII; Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:31 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

I've pre-ordered but will be on holiday for the release.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH :cry: :cry: :cry:
glokraw
KVRAF
 
5037 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 pm Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

I hope you will make the download so that the ST3 app, and a small
'best of' soundset can be downloaded separately from the bulk of the content,
So that people without blazing 4G internet,
can begin using ST3, as the larger downloads proceed.
It might also be nice to have separate downloads for instrument types,
so someone fully stocked with drums, for example, could save those for last.

While keeping a 'whole enchilada' option, for those with fast connections!

Cheers
hibidy
KVRAF
 
40420 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:23 pm Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

It's going to be ONE DL size. You'll have to wait 66.4 hours like everyone else!
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
3734 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:24 am Re: IKM ST3 Moratorium Over? So Where are we up to?

glokraw wrote:I hope you will make the download so that the ST3 app, and a small
'best of' soundset can be downloaded separately from the bulk of the content,
So that people without blazing 4G internet,
can begin using ST3, as the larger downloads proceed.
It might also be nice to have separate downloads for instrument types,
so someone fully stocked with drums, for example, could save those for last.

While keeping a 'whole enchilada' option, for those with fast connections!

Cheers

The sound downloads will be split into smaller files like we currently do it. There will likely be a small set for the demo that you may want to tinker around with while you download the others if you so desire.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments