What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How to use Reverb

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

brekehan
KVRist

147 posts since 14 Jan, 2011

Postby brekehan; Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:41 am How to use Reverb

Every time I try to use Abelton's reverb mixing over 25% I seem to get this extra ambient tree chop sound over the top of the rest.
I don't know how to describe it any better. The reflect knob seems to affect it's intensity and the hi and lo cut change its tone. I don't want it there at all! Just the rest of the effect. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? How can I use reverb better?

Got any links to some good noob reverb guides? Especially with the params Abelton's has?
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

3699 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:44 am Re: How to use Reverb

The new issue of Computer Music has a long and in depth 'how to use reverb' article along with some tutorials. In addition, buying the magazine (including digital editions) will get you two reverb plugins.
Kaboom75
KVRian

1319 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 pm Re: How to use Reverb

Demo the Valhalla DSP reverbs cheap and the best for what they cover. I don't know anyone who likes Live's reverb.
BDeep
KVRAF

1639 posts since 13 Feb, 2012, from Amsterdam

Postby BDeep; Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:45 pm Re: How to use Reverb

Yeah, had the same "issue" with Logic's verbs, try ValhallaRoom, it will give you all of the reverb and none of the artefacts ;).
Cintronic
KVRist

381 posts since 24 Aug, 2004, from under the big oak tree

Postby Cintronic; Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:15 am Re: How to use Reverb

I never been able to get good results with Abletons Reverbs. Too complex for learning how they work.

Demo some others like ones suggested to see if you get better results.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects