whats special about uhbik?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok guys, since diva i love U-He! and they are from my hometown too :D.
i recently demo'ed (maybe too quick!) uhbik and i wasnt feeling the WOW effect.
sure, maybe those plugs are great for what they do but also i wished they offer a bit more for what they do, e.g. the BT Bundle from NF is still my fav Phaser, Chorus, the Delay 3d is also great, then eqs... you got already so many, free ones, paid ones, i still dunno why there are so many eqs on the market, as i couldnt hear the difference yet from one or another. the pitch shifters were a bit confusing for me, so i'll leave them out to judge. the reverb sounded nice, but with valhalla i dunno to need it? it may be a bargain for the price of uhbik, but then whats special about it? not bad meant, i wanna learn more what im missing out :D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

What's so special about cream?

Some people love it, but I've never really liked it (yet).
Maybe I'll eat some again tonight, if someone can really convince me.

They automate very smoothly and accurately, oh and you can process surround sounds with them.
:borg:

Nice interface, easy automation, stable and, most important point, great sound.
For a nice and clear delay i always use Uhbik-D and for a moving and sophisticated delay, Fabfilter Timeless 2.
For filtering, Runciter or Fabfilter Simplon and Volcano.
Etc...
There is always a Uhbik effect on my tracks.

When i buy an effect or any kind of plugin, i have 2 questions :
- Do i feel fine with the interface ?
- Does it sound great ? (in my music)

If i can't answer yes, it's not for me.

Alias9593 wrote:Nice interface, easy automation, stable and, most important point, great sound.
For a nice and clear delay i always use Uhbik-D and for a moving and sophisticated delay, Fabfilter Timeless 2.
For filtering, Runciter or Fabfilter Simplon and Volcano.
Etc...
There is always a Uhbik effect on my tracks.

When i buy an effect or any kind of plugin, i have 2 questions :
- Do i feel fine with the interface ?
- Does it sound great ? (in my music)

If i can't answer yes, it's not for me.
thanks a lot, how do you hear the great sound? i try to understand so i can understand and hear it :). no bs here from me ;).
cause when i use delays for example i think they mostly or sound the same? also eq'ing only depends on the Hz?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm not that fond of Uhbik-D, but the flanger and phaser are something special. Runciter is just badass, and Uhbik-Q is a decent character EQ.

MFM2 vs Uhbik-D

Better to get the uhbik package, or MFM2 ?

It's really personnal, of course, but i can't find my way in the MFM interface.
I prefer Timeless 2 for complex delays. But to be honest, i'm familiar with Zebra now, maybe i will give MFM another chance.
There is no time limit in the U-he demos. So try it on drums, bass, guitars, keys ....
I did so and i liked how it sounded, e.g. when i wanted to double a guitar.
For me, it's a great clear and clean delay.
Uhbik is a package, you can't love all of them. I use Uhbik A -D - F - P and Runciter. Never found G useful and there are a lot of other EQ. I think it's a nice package that deserve an in-depth test and it's well worth it. IMHO.

BTW, i've seen it 2 or 3 times recently on the Marketplace.

The most 'wow'-ing sounds to me might be Uhbik-T's patterns and Runciter's aggressiveness. But the depth and variety of the suite is vast.

Alias9593 wrote:There is no time limit in the U-he demos.
So why buy the full version? :D What is the catch with the demo, does it go out of tune, not so easy that with a FX plug...

OK found the catch: "After about 2 minutes of usage in demo mode, Uhbik will occasionally emit vinyl-like crackles - this disappears after registration"

:clap: OK, you know what i mean. I use it for a long time now, i think it's a noise every now and then.

I remember when I owned Uhbik that I enjoyed the Uhbik-A on a bus for adding a bit of ambience to my mix and it did it very subtly which was very nice. It is IMO quite smooth sounding and can blend into a mix nicely and I think it's completely underrated. Sure it might not excel at huge surreal spaces like Valhalla plugins do, but for what it does do I appreciated it.

Uhbik-D might not trump their new plugin satin in emulating grungey tape style delay, but it does still make a very warm delay sound. I remember trying it on acoustic guitar and fell in love with it while just using one delay and a bit of overdrive. It blends nicely in a mix too!

Those two are excellent and were my favorite and most used in the bundle. All the others are equally good and really great effects and they are incredibly CPU efficient so you can use lots in a mix. I think a lot of effort went into making them, and if you read the manual it does show.

The Uhbik suite might not be a cheaper soundtoys bundle but that's a good thing because they actually are very much different in design, so in many ways owning the Uhbiks would compliment anyone who has something like soundtoys quite well. This is of course my opinion, but I've seen it shared by others who have owned both bundles.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Numanoid wrote:MFM2 vs Uhbik-D

Better to get the uhbik package, or MFM2 ?
Uhbik. More versatile.

I wish they/he paid more attention to them.

I guess the most recent actual release is OK, though.

We were kind of promised the moon with Uhbik: new inclusions, Uhbik-X, etc.

We have Uhbik and Satin, but none of the synths (well, pay ones).

Satin seems to be in a similar boat regarding non-beta updates.

Maybe effects are poor stepchildren over there?

So far, I think Satin and Compressive were supposed to be part of Uhbik, but were or are to be, separate products.

Anyway, I suppose it's been worth it with the intro discounts (less than $200 in both) to show some support and have tickets to maybe get whatever happens down the road.

Although, I'm cautious with them now.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Satin was never intended to be a part of Uhbik.

Cautious? Why the hell for?

Return to “Effects”