eaReckon TransReckon - AAX, VST3, VST2, AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TransReckon

I'm pleased to announce that TransReckon has been released some hours ago.

A demo version is available at http://www.eareckon.com

Here is a tutorial/presentation video that should give an idea of what it is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KE79pam8QQ

TransReckon is a transient shaper that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) in an extremely efficient way and with unexpected ease.

It provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter.
These options help to go further with the transient shaping process.
They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).

While it is possible to process transients with classic dynamics effects, these rely on a defined threshold which is set manually depending on the incoming signal.
TransReckon does not depend on the level of the incoming signal...

In short…
- Add punch to your drums and percussive instruments.
- Add life to your mixes.
- Isolate the prominent elements of an existing loop.
- Give more presence to an acoustic guitar or tame the peaks produced by an enthusiastic rhythm guitarist.
- Add a gate effect to a natural reverb and/or simulate a pre-delay effect on it.
- Tweak the envelope of an electronic drum sound.
- … Be creative!

TransReckon is available as a 32/64 bit VST and AU plug-in for Windows and Mac OSX.

Here is the trailer video for those who missed it ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2rbde4JIc

More information available at http://www.eareckon.com
Thanks for reading!
All the best,
P.
Last edited by PFozz on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Interesting.... and the extra controls are welcomed!
I have the NI Transient Master... will give it a test VS this one..

3ee wrote:Interesting.... and the extra controls are welcomed!
I have the NI Transient Master... will give it a test VS this one..
Same here....

I really like the Listen mode. Very nice feature.

Gonna test drive this one tonight :)
Finally!

From the video it is very efficient and sounds great !

Congrats!

This looks like it is yet another EAReckon powerhouse! All EAReckon plug-ins are fantastic performers.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Okay, so very first impressions! I put this one up against Plug & Mix TransControl and SPL Transient Designer.

We all know, that the SPL is the king, right? But so far TransReckon is impressive. First the GUI is the best of the three. Easiest to use, lovely big knobs and more options. Soundwise it just sounds better than the Plug & Mix one - which isn't bad either. But the harder you rock the settings, the more the sound falls apart on the Plug & Mix one.

The SPL wins on presets. There is just more variety there. BUT.. ..TransReckon has fantastic presets out of the box. They work perfectly fine as starting points. Overall after a short session i liked TransReckon the most, but would not want to crown it king yet. SPL has some settings where it is even punchier - that's a factor to consider. But when it gets this pressurizing and punchy sounds, it also sounds a bit shrill, which TransReckon didn't - yet.

More to come, but for now let me get back to fiddle with that length button and be pleased with all the gating, hell, even reverbish effects in this new toy.

edit: loved the tutorial video - a very easy way of learning what TransReckon can do.
Finally!

Congrats on another great plugin! I own EaRebound and EaReverb and love them both. Unfortunately I dont think I'll be able to afford this one at this time, but I did demo the plugin and love the sound! Great job as always!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Wow!
Thank you so much for your kind words about TransReckon! :oops:
It's sincerely great to start the day with such a positive feedback.

Thanks again and have a nice week end!
Philippe

Tried the demo too. I like the GUI and the presets sound great. I was expecting a lower CPU hit (max 2%) and I got 6% as reported by Studio One and Live 9. Is it oversampled?

Also the way you make the demos to become silent from time to time is VERY annoying. It just ruins the trial experience. I rather have a full working demo for 14 days that you have to reload every 15 minutes.

Hi e@rs,

Thanks for giving the demo a try!
It is not easy to build a demo version that can satisfy everyone and I understand your point.
I will keep thinking about what else could be done but after experimenting with different things in the past, these limitations (one missing "minor" option + short volume fades every minutes) sounded like a good compromise.

Regarding the CPU hit, could you please tell me more about your setup (OS, CPU and audio interface mostly)?
2% is reported by Studio One on mine (Core i5 IvyBridge / Windows 8 x64 / RME HDSPe AIO -> 64 samples @ 44.1kHz):
[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

Thanks again.
All the best,
P.

Studio One user here. 2%. i7 processor.

Coupled TransReckon with SB Egoist tonight. Magic!
Finally!

@PFozz:
No problem with disabling a minor option in the demo; it's that fade to silence that kills it for me. I try to concentrate on the impact of the processor on my sound and silence kicks in. I wait for sound to come back, tweak some more then silence again. C'mon, I lose all focus!

CPU: Yes, when it's not playing, it's 2%. But when I press Play, 6%. I realize my computer is quite old now, but 6% for a transient shaper is huge for me. My Plugin Alliance and FabFilter stuff don't go that high (3%).

My specs: C2D E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Win7 SP1 x32, RME Fireface UC, 256 samples, 48KHz.

e@rs wrote:My specs: C2D E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Win7 SP1 x32, RME Fireface UC, 256 samples, 48KHz.
2 GB RAM seems really marginal to me. With RAM so cheap these days, what is your reason not to have a more generous 4 or even 8 GB?

While a 256 samples buffer is of course recommendable for live playing and recording, I suspect that you could drastically lower your CPU drain by switching to 512 or even 1024 samples for mixing.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

This plugin is great!
I own SPL Transient Designer and the Native Instruments Transient Master, also the Sonnox TransMod…
I gave them all an extensive shootout, and they can't really reach areas that TransReckon can.
I'm not sure if I can replace the SPL plugin completely as of yet, but TransReckon is a very versatile transient plugin. If i had to pick just one, I would choose TransReckon. I thoroughly recommend it! I just need to convince myself to purchase another transient plugin. I'm sure the pressure will build and the GAS will be released soon enough :P

Return to “Effects”