Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

V0RT3X wrote:Apparently the synthesizers output a watermark in the signal of the synth, so maybe that's why tone2 synthesizers have a "sound" to them :hihi:
Whie Tone 2 uses watermarking there for sure is no watermark in the audio output of Tone 2 synths. Another rumor that was never proven.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

According to Tone2's Faceboobk page Electra 2 will be released early next week which from now on should be a few days. Have not found details abou the upgrade price yet.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Apparently the synthesizers output a watermark in the signal of the synth, so maybe that's why tone2 synthesizers have a "sound" to them :hihi:
Whie Tone 2 uses watermarking there for sure is no watermark in the audio output of Tone 2 synths. Another rumor that was never proven.
According to Tone2 it´s specifically audio watermarking, so we don´t know...

sonicpowa wrote:According to Tone2 it´s specifically audio watermarking, so we don´t know...
That's pretty impossible no matter what they claim. ;)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Edited, nevermind...
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: But I know and based on what i know from Markus there is no audio watermarking...
So the manual contains lies?

Frantz wrote:
Ingonator wrote: But I know and based on what i know from Markus there is no audio watermarking...
So the manual contains lies?

If the manual tells it it must be true...

Even if audio watermarking would be involved nobody could find an influence on rendered audio yet or detect the watermarking in rendered audio so far.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

valerian_777 wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:According to Tone2 it´s specifically audio watermarking, so we don´t know...
It´s quite possible, there´s applications for it.

sonicpowa wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
No need to start and endless discussion on that topic again.

I would really prefer if at least once when discussing about Tone2 products there is a discussion about the actual product and not another flame war.
Ingo Weidner

I was under the impression that the watermarking was embedded as non-audio data in the audio files (wavetables) used by the synths.
That was, you could play them back without hearing any differences but if you tried to redistribute the raw wavetables, Tone2 would be able to tell.
Anyway, all this watermarking and file-searching has never bothered me. It's a way for protecting themselves that I'd prefer any day over a dongle or C/R activation.

And I'm looking forward to Electra2, which this thread should only be about.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

sonicpowa wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
No its not.

Don't make the mistake and confuse this audio watermarking with the watermarking of Sample-Libraries where they (only) can trace back to the owner of the leaked Lib.

I don't care anyway because i use legit stuff. I just can't stand "Facts" which try to make People believe something that isn't true. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

It surely isn't audible, i mean, that would be just silly, as a developer you fiddle and fiddle to get the sound right, and then you bring an uncontrollable element to the sound? Hardly believable. I think it's safe to say that Tone2 synths sound like they do, because the dev's want them to sound like they do.

valerian_777 wrote:No its not.

Don't make the mistake and confuse this audio wartermarking with the watermarking of Sample-Libraries where they (only) can trace back to the owner of the leaked Lib.

I don't care anyway because i use legit stuff. I just can't stand "Facts" which try to make People believe something that isn't true. :)
They haven´t been specific about the type of their watermarking (as far as I know) so it´s not so clear.
But anyway it´s possible and it even survives heavy tweaking. Try for yourself.

Btw, the Tone2 "sound" has nothing to do with the watermarking.
(that meaning it´s not audible)
Last edited by sonicpowa on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:It surely isn't audible, i mean, that would be just silly, as a developer you fiddle and fiddle to get the sound right, and then you bring an uncontrollable element to the sound? Hardly believable. I think it's safe to say that Tone2 synths sound like they do, because the dev's want them to sound like they do.
...and they have their own sound that does not really try to mimic the sound of synths from other develeopers (except mabye a Moog filter mode in a few of the Tone2 synths).

If you got all Tone2 synths (like i do) you should be able to notice that those could produce a huge spectrum of different sounds. Of course it is possible to program similar sounding patches. It is very difficult to reproduce some of the more digital sounds from Nemesis with e.g. Saurus and it is also very difficult to use Nemesis as a proper VA synth. Rayblaster could als produce some quite unusual sounds, depending on the waveform that is used (which is also used for the fiter response, even if no filter was involved with creating the waveform).

Not to forget that many people who complain about Tone2 synths sounding similar did not have a lok at the many soundsets available for the different Tone2 synths (each one with around 200 patches).
Personally i also got a bigger amount of patches taht were submitted but not included with soundsets yet (especially for Saurus and Rayblaster).

Electra 2 is more versatile and it would be easier to mimic sounds of other Tone2 synths with it than doing the same with the other Tone2 synths.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Well anyway i cannot wait for Electra2. Just won their facebook give away last week and it also comes with free updates. :D
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”