New Producer on this Forum!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey I am new to this forum, here to look for self-promotion and to get noticed, as well as being able to get feedback from my songs, I am 15 and have been running as an EDM Producer for 4 years.

Please, look through some songs from my SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/theofficialgriefer

Reply in this example and give constructed criticism:

Song: IBIZA

What I like:
The deep bass and the groove.

What could be improved:
More layering, possibly more reverb.

Overall Did I Like It:
Yes/No

GRIEF3R wrote:here to look for self-promotion and to get noticed
Will you come back and visit us when you get crazy rich and famous?

Listened to Ibiza, nice groove but doesn't go anywhere for me. Mind numbing, thankful it was only 3 minutes.
take that with a grain of salt lad, I'm an old man.

(Ibiza) sounds modern and not bad at all but I miss some creative ideas, other percussion samples, more variation, more instruments, different song parts, a few vocals... :idea:

It's basically the same motif over more than 3 minutes which makes the tune pretty boring... :shrug:

stop sounding like EVERYONE else and come up with something somewhat original sounding if you want to get noticed at all.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Jesus, whats with the stress and temper, thank you for those with a good critique like ATS and Tricky-Loops, and indeed, to sound like someone new and unique, you need your own sound, this is what I am looking to do after I complete my Album 'Summer'.

And to 'bluedad' if you think I was into music because of money and fame, no, that is just a perk, I am here because I love the vibes of artists/producers creating and producing music as well as the learning aspect, also not everyone likes the same style of music, and you don't like the House orientaded EDM style, however I like your critique and I shall think of adding a better melody, however, before critisizing you don't consider that I have been producing for 4 years, I still am very busy with school and GCSE's so I don't have enough time to create the best sounds, however as I want to make a career out of this, I can make better sounds when I leave school but in the mean time it is mainly experimental and trying to find the right sound and style.

Thank You,

GRIEF3R

There are probably more than a few of us who could be described the way bluedad did. (Although some of us are reluctant to do so :hihi:)

I can't give you much musical advice. We come from different worlds, so to speak.

But, as far as finding those who might be able to provide you with useful feedback, share ideas, etc.:

1. Listen to other folks music and identify those who are on a similar path.

2. Post your stuff here often enough that those who only drop in occasionally get a chance to hear it.

We were all 15 once and some of us weren't Mozart. Well at least not me! :lol:

I really like Ibiza. Wish I could do that when I was 15. Too interested in girls mebbe. Good stuff.

I would have to say there are some nice ish ideas but everything just sounds rather digital to me.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I really like Ibiza.
I like Ibiza, too. There are some nice beaches and pretty girls...

GRIEF3R wrote:Hey I am new to this forum, here to look for self-promotion and to get noticed, as well as being able to get feedback from my songs,No
I'm not sure if I sure admire this level of entitled arrogance.

Return to “Music Cafe”