What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

MFXxx
KVRAF

1980 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:48 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Largo+PPG 3.V RC1 released)

Ingonator wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Thanks for the update Ingo'.

Had a quick play this morning with the VST3x64. The only real issue I found which is resonated in a lot of vsts (Diversion, Spire and a handful of others) is ASIO spiking and popping noise when switching between patches.

Sorry if i ask but is your comment related to Largo or PPG Wave 3.V?

LOL Excuse my narrow mind :)

PPG Wave 3.v
Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air...
...nothing special just my noodles :
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Ingonator
KVRAF

8037 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:48 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Largo+PPG 3.V RC1 released)

Before i forget:

There is a bug related to PPG Wave 3.V in Bitwig Studio that i already reported back in March 2014:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=407354

This also happens for the old 32-bit plugin and also in the latest Bitwig version v1.0.10.

It was a huge problem to get any reply concerning this or to get any user confirm this bug. I guess i even asked in a thread in the instruments forum (amybe this one?)

The problem was reported to Waldorf and i did that again recently. It ssems to be difficult to get the responsible persons at Bitwig involved with this. I had sent an E-Mail t their support address but never got a reply. The only reply was fro mone of the Bitwig bet testers and that one was not really helpful.

A similar problem did not seem to happen in other hosts where i have tested PPG Wave 3.V.
This doesn't happen with patches that use internal wavetables, just with patches that use samples like many in my own commercial bank and several of my factory presets (sub-folder in the factory banks folder: "IW - Ingo Weidner"). For those who missed it samples are called "transients" in the PPG Wave 3.V.
What happens is that patches using samples will stay quet in Bitwig or when used in Bitwig for the very first time they will play for a new notes and then will stay quiet forever.

Personally i am not really a big a fan of Bitwig Studio yet and only kept the demo version installed to check the bug i mentioned.

Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + other plugins
c_voltage
KVRist

190 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:13 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Largo+PPG 3.V RC1 released)

Ingonator wrote:Personally i am not really a big a fan of Bitwig Studio yet and only kept the demo version installed to check the bug i mentioned.

I agree, DAW who has just been published not the best way to test (objectivity of the result is questionable).
Rommelaar
KVRist

60 posts since 12 Sep, 2013

Postby Rommelaar; Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Largo+PPG 3.V RC1 released)

Waldorf Edition - VST VST3 AAX - 32 & 64 Bit V.1.7.4 RC 1 ( WIN & MAC) available from waldorfs website for download.
Rig: i7-990X, 24 GB RAM, 3 x 24" LED, Windows 7 64-bit
Audio Hardware:Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49, M-audio Profire 610, Steinberg CMC: AI, 4xFD, CH, QC, TP, PD
Software: Cubase 7.5, Wavelab 8.5, Halion 5, Groove Agent 4
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Largo+PPG 3.V RC1 released)

Rommelaar wrote:Waldorf Edition - VST VST3 AAX - 32 & 64 Bit V.1.7.4 RC 1 ( WIN & MAC) available from waldorfs website for download.

Confirmed.

Here is the link for the Waldorf Edition 64-bit Release Candidate 1:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we

Again this was mentioned at the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Installers for the Waldorf Edition LE seem to be included too.

Would have to check the new RC1 too and check for possible bugs.

Anyway having this available officially offers the opportunity to find and fix remaining bugs.

One problem i found in the past was that with VST3 and AAX there was a problem loading fxb banks as e.g. PPG Wave 2.V did not include a buit-in file browser like Largo or PPG Wave 3.V.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + other plugins
c_voltage
KVRist

190 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

Oh, WE. Need try )
Rommelaar
KVRist

Postby Rommelaar; Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V: 64-bit + VST3 + AAX versions announced (+ AAX for Waldorf Edition)

Everglide wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Do you know if the Mac problems are being looked at, most importantly the maxed out meters and noise blast/peak?

I guess it's too much for now to hope that the arp and sync probs would be looked at.

Raymondwave,

Re. Maxed out meters & noise blast. Try this, check the 'Mod Matrix' and adjust any 'Volume' parameters in your Preset.

If the Arp doesn't sync in Largo 1.5 (32bit version) try the following but please proceed with CAUTION;

Download 'Onyx' a free OSX modifier by Titanium. Open the 'Cleaning' tab and delete the cache for 'Audio Components' and then restart. Make sure you turn off everything else and ignore the other tabs like 'Maintenance' and 'Utilities'. There's simply no reason to modify other settings and you don't want to ruin your OS.

Please note that this trick helps re-sync Largo 1.5 on the Macintosh.

As I've stated in previous posts, current projects with instances of Largo which previously synced no longer do.Both the ARP & DELAY in LARGO 1.5.2 (64bit version) do NOT sync. However, I'm yet to check the recent update RC1, can anyone confirm that the synchronisation problems still occurs on the Mac?

I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?
Audio Hardware:Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49, M-audio Profire 610, Steinberg CMC: AI, 4xFD, CH, QC, TP, PD
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

To sum it up Waldorf published Release Candidates for Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition and Wasldorf Edition LE now:

Largo:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

Waldorf Edition:

Waldorf Edition LE:

As always any bug reports are welcome. Having all those avilable to the public should give the opportunity to find remaining bugs.

Ingo
Rommelaar
KVRist

Postby Rommelaar; Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:00 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V: 64-bit + VST3 + AAX versions announced (+ AAX for Waldorf Edition)

Rommelaar wrote:I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?

Regarding Largo VST3 64-bit Windows 7 Cubase 7.5:

Anyone care to comment?
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:59 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V: 64-bit + VST3 + AAX versions announced (+ AAX for Waldorf Edition)

Rommelaar wrote:I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?

I just got a list from the Waldorf QA ("quality assurance") director with possible issues i should check in different plugin formats.
One of those was a possible problem with the Arp patterns. He said i should check if i could move the faders for the pattern.
I did that and when i switched to other presets the new patterns were shown but overlapped with the changes i had done in my previous test. That pattern from my test is now overlapping the patterns of all other patches.
I also found that with "Init program" the pattern does not seem to be cleaned.

So basically your post sums it up quite well.

I tested this with the VST 64-bit in Windows but could also happen in other formats.

It does not happen in the old 32-bit plugin (v1.5.1).

Ingo
Rommelaar
KVRist

Postby Rommelaar; Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:07 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

Thanks for the info, Ingo. It feels good that it gets noticed.

BTW I bought the set you made for the Blofeld, Analog vs Digital. Amazing sounds ! :hyper:
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:11 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

Rommelaar wrote:Thanks for the info, Ingo. It feels good that it gets noticed.

BTW I bought the set you made for the Blofeld, Analog vs Digital. Amazing sounds ! :hyper:

Many thanks for purchasing the soundset and the nice comment. I hope you will have fun with it. :hug:

BTW with the update i had checked the pattern in the Largo Arp in the past but i did not switch presets after that (at least not with the Arp windows open) so i din't notice the problem.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

UPDATE:
The Arpeggiator problem mentioned above seems to be a GUI refresh problem. If i close and re-open the GUI it seems to look OK again.

Ingo
Gosh
KVRian

643 posts since 2 May, 2005

Postby Gosh; Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

i have both the largo and the ppg wave 3V 64bit versions running fine in live 9.1.3 64bit (started with administrator rights) and will check for further bugs. however, the first thing i noticed is the tremendous reduction of the cpu consumption. with the native 64bit versions neither largo nor ppg wave scratch the 10% mark of live's cpu meter (on an older i7 quad core). so, cudos to waldorf for that :tu:
jalcide
KVRist

82 posts since 14 Sep, 2007, from Minneapolis

Postby jalcide; Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:10 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX update (Release Candidates released)

Ingonator wrote:UPDATE:
The Arpeggiator problem mentioned above seems to be a GUI refresh problem. If i close and re-open the GUI it seems to look OK again.

Ingo

Bug confirmed here, as well.

(Windows 7 x64, Cubase 7.5.2 x64, Largo VST3 64-bit / 1.5.2 RC1)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments