eaReckon TransReckon - AAX, VST3, VST2, AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TransReckon

e@rs, I will check if there is some room for extra optimization.
Something in the detection circuits is potentially demanding on the CPU.
I cannot promise anything but if I can find a way to optimize this part a bit more without altering the quality, I will do something (however, I will not modify anything if results are compromised even a little bit).
sqigls wrote:This plugin is great!
I own SPL Transient Designer and the Native Instruments Transient Master, also the Sonnox TransMod…
I gave them all an extensive shootout, and they can't really reach areas that TransReckon can.
I'm not sure if I can replace the SPL plugin completely as of yet, but TransReckon is a very versatile transient plugin. If i had to pick just one, I would choose TransReckon. I thoroughly recommend it! I just need to convince myself to purchase another transient plugin. I'm sure the pressure will build and the GAS will be released soon enough :P
Many thanks for the kind words!
It's amazing to get such a positive feedback just some days after the release!

Thanks again!
Philippe

Spitfire31 wrote:
e@rs wrote:My specs: C2D E6750 @ 2.66 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Win7 SP1 x32, RME Fireface UC, 256 samples, 48KHz.
2 GB RAM seems really marginal to me. With RAM so cheap these days, what is your reason not to have a more generous 4 or even 8 GB?

While a 256 samples buffer is of course recommendable for live playing and recording, I suspect that you could drastically lower your CPU drain by switching to 512 or even 1024 samples for mixing.

/Joachim
Didn't made the switch to x64 yet, so adding more RAM is pointelss. And I didn't run into problems like not enough memory because I don't use sample libraries.

For quite a few years I was on 128 samples with no problems. Switched to 256 samples after reading it can improve CPU usage, but didn't noticed any change. I'll try larger buffers if you say so and see if a change happens.

PFozz wrote:e@rs, I will check if there is some room for extra optimization.
Something in the detection circuits is potentially demanding on the CPU.
I cannot promise anything but if I can find a way to optimize this part a bit more without altering the quality, I will do something (however, I will not modify anything if results are compromised even a little bit).
Fair enough. Thanx.

e@rs wrote:Didn't made the switch to x64 yet, so adding more RAM is pointelss.
Not quite, since a 32 bit System can address 4GB of memory and the System itself gobbles up quite a bit of available RAM…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I'm not a computer expert, but from what I remember an x32 OS can only adress 3GB of RAM. The real reason I'm stucked with 2GB is that I don't want to invest in this machine anymore. Looking to get a completely new system in the future. But right now I don't really feel a strong pressure to do it. Thanx for the tip anyway.

As Spitfire31 says it's 4 GB. You probably have only 1 GB available after the OS, the graphics card and the rest of processes take their share.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Spitfire31 wrote:While a 256 samples buffer is of course recommendable for live playing and recording, I suspect that you could drastically lower your CPU drain by switching to 512 or even 1024 samples for mixing.

/Joachim
Tried this as well. Increased the buffer to 512 and 1024. Unfortunately no change for me. TransReckon was using the same 6% (actually spiking to 7%). The only improvement was that the meter in S1 stopped spiking to 7% and stayed still at 6%. Tried some other plugins too. No drastic change.

standalone wrote:As Spitfire31 says it's 4 GB. You probably have only 1 GB available after the OS, the graphics card and the rest of processes take their share.
As I said I'm not a computer expert. 4GB it is then.

e@rs wrote:Tried this as well. Increased the buffer to 512 and 1024. Unfortunately no change for me. TransReckon was using the same 6% (actually spiking to 7%). The only improvement was that the meter in S1 stopped spiking to 7% and stayed still at 6%. Tried some other plugins too. No drastic change.
Sorry about that. When I'm mixing on Mac OS (Digital Performer) I routinely increase my buffer from 128 to 1024 or even 2048 and get away with a plug-in setup that invariably chokes the CPU at the lower buffers.

Perhaps a difference between MS and Apple Systems?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

@PFozz: After spending more time with TransReckon I noticed that it uses 6-7% CPU only when FLAT is turned off (classic mode). When it's on I get 3-4%.

Spitfire31 wrote:When I'm mixing on Mac OS (Digital Performer) I routinely increase my buffer from 128 to 1024 or even 2048 and get away with a plug-in setup that invariably chokes the CPU at the lower buffers.
Nice. I'll try that on a busy mix and see if there's a change.

Edit: Tried it on 2 busy mixes. The overall CPU consumption went down by 5% at 1024 samples. :cry:
Last edited by e@rs on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e@rs wrote:@PFozz: After spending more time with TransReckon I noticed that it uses 6-7% CPU only when FLAT is turned off (classic mode). When it's on I get 3-4%.
Thanks for your report.
It confirms what I mentioned in a previous post.
I will check for an eventual solution (I will implement it if I can get the exact same results).

Tested the demo and found it to be just about the nicest and fully fledged vst transient shaper i have ever tried.

Very nice work.
no sig

loopdon wrote:Tested the demo and found it to be just about the nicest and fully fledged vst transient shaper i have ever tried.

Very nice work.
Many thanks for your message, Loopdon!

I tried the demo, and it is rather impressive : congratulations !

Return to “Effects”