440 hz to 432 hz - sounding more natural?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote:Meffy moved everything about 432hz to HPC, as, for Meffy it was a religious type of idea.
Did it even begin here?

I believe it did, I seem to remember pressing, does a MT controversy qualify for HPC now or is this the usual objection to it as a religious expression.
Well it's not even pseudo-science, it's just made up mumbo jumbo. Not much difference to religion that I can see.

It's definitely not (in the form that the proponents of 432 propagate it) a Music Theory topic. I guess you could argue for a music-related mumbo jumbo forum for these kind of threads, but surely one HPC is enough.

It'd be great if the server could check for forum topics containing "432 Hz" in the title and either display a warning or immediately relegate the topic to HPC where it belongs.

It's come up on other boards.

Cymatics is actually a form of science and people have fit 432hz into that. I think granting some particulars of it as pseudo-science is fair enough.

I don't care one way or the other if it strikes someone as religious quality, I would agree that uncritical belief is in a general sense religious quality of thought. It doesn't bother me particularly there is HPC set apart for 'political and religious' topics, after the sort of 'we don't talk religion or politics at the dinner table' (if you want to get your feelings hurt go to HPC), but that was a certain period of KVR with an active quality of moderation. It doesn't make sense to me to move heated topics per se to HPC and I wanted it to be clear.

Personally I would find it harder to draw a bright line in discussion, and the moderation now is far more laissez-faire in this particular regard.

cron wrote: C: Numbers are themselves divine (but only integers, not numbers with a fractional component)
Image\

I have a passion for passion-fruit cheesecake in pie format sliced into exact thirds.

Peace comes in two thirds and two sixths. Coincidence? I think not.

We know that pie is equal to three due to the divine nature of integers. Therefore how can pie be sliced equally from thirds? Two thirds and two sixths makes four. This is evidence for the divine nature of sharing and compromise. Rather than limit ourselves to only three slices of pie and face Armageddon over the third slice, we can enjoy two slices each. 1/3rd + 1/6th. 1 + 1/2nd.

http://www.timecube.com/
Last edited by aciddose on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

sjm wrote:It'd be great if the server could check for forum topics containing "432 Hz" in the title and either display a warning or immediately relegate the topic to HPC where it belongs.
If they get relegated to HPC, unfortunately they get culled relatively quickly. I think this is the 4th or 5th thread about it here, but the others have been deleted so there's nowhere to point to to say 'erm, yeah, we already did this and here's the rebuttal'...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

aciddose wrote: Image

Some say that ''peace'' symbol is actually an inverted cross with it's arms broken. Serious satanic imagery.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
aciddose wrote: Image

Some say that ''peace'' symbol is actually an inverted cross with it's arms broken. Serious satanic imagery.
I read it was subliminal advertising by Mercedes. Read it on the interweb so it must be true.

sjm wrote: I read it was subliminal advertising by Mercedes. Read it on the interweb so it must be true.
Hmmm ... sounds a bit far fetched to me.

I thought it was designed specifically for the UK Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. No clue what it's supposed to represent though.

Just go with what works to your ears. No need for all that other shite.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I've listened to some example videos of 440 hz verses 432 hz. 432 always sounds better after hearing 440 but I think that's just because it's a lower pitch. For me, there's nothing spiritual about it. The ears get tricked by comparison.

I was hoping someone would point out that: "1/3rd + 1/6th = 1/2nd. So why go through the whole complicated 3rds of pie route at all?" Then I'd reply with just this: BLASPHEMY!

Good, evil, and us. Heaven, hell, and earth. THREE.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Aloysius wrote:
sjm wrote: I read it was subliminal advertising by Mercedes. Read it on the interweb so it must be true.
Hmmm ... sounds a bit far fetched to me.
Oh ye of little faith.

That 432 Hz thing is not pseudo science. It is just observation.

And theorizing about those observations.

Hm....

Now... wait a minute.... observing stuff and making up explanations.... jeez, that's science!!!!!

The 432hz thing comes from the so called "Schiller Institute", which is a cult:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiller_I ... llegations

CableChannel wrote:That 432 Hz thing is not pseudo science. It is just observation.

And theorizing about those observations.[/quote[

No, in some instances its definitely pseudo-science.
Now... wait a minute.... observing stuff and making up explanations.... jeez, that's science!!!!!
Nope. Observing stuff, then theorising explanations, then testing those explanations properly, and making the test result available for peer review and confirmation is science.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Music Theory”