Released - The Blue Box - Patches for Omnisphere

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.

PatchAdamz wrote:
spirit wrote:Sounds good and I've already pre-ordered. But a personal thought to all sound designers: Please stop trying to write whole songs for us with one single keypress super-patch.

Thanks for the positive feedback, how long should a single presets audio file run?
Oh, didn't I mention? Please stop trying to write whole songs for us with one single keypress super-patch.

Blue Box for Omnisphere - Evolving Storm

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ving-storm

Last chance for pre-release discount.
The Blue Box will be released as scheduled (July 1).

You don't want to miss this...

The Blue Box has been released and is now available!

Independence week Special Discount!
Use Code, "Omni" to save on Blue Box AND Ovation.

CLICK HERE TO SAVE

PatchAdamz wrote:Independence week Special Discount!

CLICK HERE TO SAVE
Get the discount today on all our Omnisphere sets.

An interesting bank. Some new textures that are good but very sloppy on the quality control. There are at least a 20 patches which are internally distorting, especially in the film, guitar and arp categories. Makes me think someone was just in a hurry and didn't bother to review them. Minimal mod wheel programming as well which is always a bit disappointing.

Going through the bank it reminded me of a few restaurants I've been to: Some dishes that sound absolutely great but when you read on you find it's been dribbled with turtle brain sauce. Be prepared to turn off one of the sound sources, or start stripping out reverb and EQ, or simply dial down the volume to rescue them from nasty clipping.

Take these as inspiration only and know that your own tweaking is essential in almost every case.

In all an interesting and worthwhile purchase but certainly not what I'd call polished production patches.

Spirit, you need to download the final version, it is frigin AWESOME. :tu:
Sounds like you got the pre-release. :scared:
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:Spirit, you need to download the final version, it is frigin AWESOME. :tu:
True, the final version is now available online.
All customers have been notified, be sure to check your spam folder if you didn't receive notification of final release.

A BIG thanks to all who purchased!

PatchAdamz wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Independence week Special Discount!

CLICK HERE TO SAVE
Get the discount today on all our Omnisphere sets.

Sale ends soon!

Use code, "omni" to save on both "Ovation" and "Blue Box" for Omnisphere.

PatchAdamz wrote:
Sparky77 wrote:Spirit, you need to download the final version, it is frigin AWESOME. :tu:
All customers have been notified, be sure to check your spam folder if you didn't receive notification of final release.

"Final release" version?! I don't recall seeing anything in my email about that. How do I tell which version I'm using?

spirit wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:

"Final release" version?! I don't recall seeing anything in my email about that. How do I tell which version I'm using?

You are not using the final release.

I have emailed you twice with the details on downloading the final.
(Be sure to check your spam folder and allow email from us)

The final release has been in your account and can be downloaded by logging in, and downloading.

Email me from VSP for support if needed.

Thanks,
Zak

PatchAdamz wrote:"Blue Box" is part of a new series of presets for Omnisphere.
A truly unique soundset of 80 presets for Omnisphere, unlike any other.

Whats in the Blue Box?
The Blue Box offers six unique categories.

AUDIO:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... omnisphere

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x8Ow152 ... e=youtu.be

-Acoustic Based Instruments
Don't let the name fool you.
Although these instruments are acoustic based, they are a mixture of acoustic instruments and a broad range of atmospherics.
These instruments defy origin, some may have an ethnic quality while others do not sound like any other known instruments.
These are often plucked, picked or strummed but evolve in some very musical ways.

-Guitars
We included a number of guitars in Blue Box.
These guitars are sonically different from the guitars included in Omnisphere.
Our goal was to make them different, outside the box, but highly musical.

-Atmospheres
Deeply evolving and highly visual, the Atmospheres in Blue Box will take you to a new place musically.

-Pads
Warm, organic, and richly analog, these pads are a blend between vintage and modern.
If you want analog, these are it.

-ARPs
Omnisphere offers the ability to have all sorts of ARPs.
For Blue Box, we designed some Arps that are often based on percussive instruments, deep and primitive.
We added a modern twist and some rhythmic effects.

-Film
This category was designed specifically for film and soundtrack production.
We added a number of presets that capture some deep and highly visual moods.
These pickup where Atmospheres leave off and take sonic exploration to the next level.
A powerful collection of professional quality film/Soundtrack presets.

Each presets offers expertly crafted controllers and effects and was meticulously designed to offer professional sonics, right out of the box.

Blue Box for Omnisphere is available now for $27.98 from VintageSynthPads.com
A special discount is available this week on all our Omnisphere presets when using the code: "Omni" at checkout.
The special discount is being extended, use code, "omni" at checkout to save.
You can save on ALL Omnisphere sound-sets.

Blue Box SALE

Hmm, well, the internal clipping problems are gone but other than having to go through and re-rate everything again I can't say that my opinion has changed much. Still very little mod-wheel programming and no individual descriptions. Maybe some of the other programmers have spoiled me with their attention to detail :(

Return to “Soundware”