Why does modern electronic dance music sound like...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:
Sendy wrote:Well, the other muso forums are no WMAP :hihi:
Yeah, but this one has a particular badly calculated lens :D
Mayhaps badly polished as well...:)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

n/m - oops, definitely not safe for work!
... space is the place ...

Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When I listen to that I think it's fine. I prefer no vocals of any kind though. Especially autotunny stuff.

But I have to say. It still sounds much like the 99,999 version I heard before it. I'm not able to distinguish genres these days. I can say "dance" or "electronic" or "metal" but all the sub genres are perplexing. I guess I could learn them. My stuff is similar though, so who am I to talk. In fact, with push, when I do this type of thing almost all the tempos and keys are always the same. I never really think much about "I'd like to do this song in Eb minor" vs just using the way push starts out. So, Cmajor/Aminor it is :hihi:

Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's cool, thanks!

I saw a really good show recently that talked about some of this. For me (and obviously I must delve deeper) is that when I think of "house" for example, I don't think of reggae. Dub is "reggae" dirived. I think of reggae as "reggae" :shrug:

Alright, I get lost at "pump that p.....y"

That's quite enough of that :hihi: but I've seen this before. Think of the "age" thread :D

Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I learned a lot from this guy back about 8 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4gqsuww6lw

I just change some presets, add more distortion, use different sound effects (more whooshing than sirens) and use non-sci-fi vocal snippets (more "I'm trippin" styled), in my tracks from back then.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

I see a bunch of people ragging on little vain about his guitar playing. That is too distorted and incomprehensible for me to get the joke.

I haven't known much about reggie watts. That was quite entertaining. Parts were funny, but there was an appreciation more than being "entertained" which prolly doesn't make any sense, but that is what it was.

But I dunno what that has to do with this! :lol: (thought I'm glad you posted it)

ghettosynth wrote:Tricky has dismissed other tracks that I've posted as examples of new music that doesn't fit that mold.
Dismissed? I couldn't even watch it because of my slow Internet connection (max. 32 kbps) due to a limitation by the Telekom gangsters... :x (Now I have to wait for August to get another 4 GB fast bandwidth...)

But regarding drops and risers...they all sound the same in most EDM songs. White noise, some effects, pitch modulation, ready... I've rarely heard UNUSUAL, CREATIVE drops, risers, climbers, impacts, uplifters, downlifters, etc.

When I listen to a good EDM song, I remember it because of its ideas, melodies, vocals, funny samples and groove. I don't think: "Wow, that's a great drop!"

You can put into an average 4-to-the-floor-song the most impressive drops and risers ever made that even shake my speakers but I still won't remember it the next day if there isn't more (except when my speakers are exploded). But you can make a song with some funny lo-fi dog barking samples, and I'll remember it... :P

lo-fi dog barking samples....sounds like something Mr Scruff would've done back in the day!

or The Avalanches maybe.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Now if everyone would ask here how to get those dope lo-fi dog barking samples, and everyone would put them into their songs to be trendy, I couldn't remember one of the songs, either, because it wouldn't be special anymore...

I told it before, once I listened to German Diskofox music (it's some kind of 4-to-the-floor, dance-able Schlager music), and every song sounded the same, even the delays sounded the same, and then there was this one song with dog barking samples - it was the only song that I could remember after listening 2 hours to Diskofox...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”