Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Ingonator wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Thanks for the update Ingo'.

Had a quick play this morning with the VST3x64. The only real issue I found which is resonated in a lot of vsts (Diversion, Spire and a handful of others) is ASIO spiking and popping noise when switching between patches.
Sorry if i ask but is your comment related to Largo or PPG Wave 3.V?
LOL Excuse my narrow mind :)

PPG Wave 3.v

Before i forget:

There is a bug related to PPG Wave 3.V in Bitwig Studio that i already reported back in March 2014:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=407354

This also happens for the old 32-bit plugin and also in the latest Bitwig version v1.0.10.

It was a huge problem to get any reply concerning this or to get any user confirm this bug. I guess i even asked in a thread in the instruments forum (amybe this one?)

The problem was reported to Waldorf and i did that again recently. It ssems to be difficult to get the responsible persons at Bitwig involved with this. I had sent an E-Mail t their support address but never got a reply. The only reply was fro mone of the Bitwig bet testers and that one was not really helpful.

A similar problem did not seem to happen in other hosts where i have tested PPG Wave 3.V.
This doesn't happen with patches that use internal wavetables, just with patches that use samples like many in my own commercial bank and several of my factory presets (sub-folder in the factory banks folder: "IW - Ingo Weidner"). For those who missed it samples are called "transients" in the PPG Wave 3.V.
What happens is that patches using samples will stay quet in Bitwig or when used in Bitwig for the very first time they will play for a new notes and then will stay quiet forever.

Personally i am not really a big a fan of Bitwig Studio yet and only kept the demo version installed to check the bug i mentioned.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Personally i am not really a big a fan of Bitwig Studio yet and only kept the demo version installed to check the bug i mentioned.
I agree, DAW who has just been published not the best way to test (objectivity of the result is questionable).

Waldorf Edition - VST VST3 AAX - 32 & 64 Bit V.1.7.4 RC 1 ( WIN & MAC) available from waldorfs website for download.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Waldorf Edition - VST VST3 AAX - 32 & 64 Bit V.1.7.4 RC 1 ( WIN & MAC) available from waldorfs website for download.
Confirmed.

Here is the link for the Waldorf Edition 64-bit Release Candidate 1:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we

Again this was mentioned at the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Installers for the Waldorf Edition LE seem to be included too.

Would have to check the new RC1 too and check for possible bugs.

Anyway having this available officially offers the opportunity to find and fix remaining bugs.

One problem i found in the past was that with VST3 and AAX there was a problem loading fxb banks as e.g. PPG Wave 2.V did not include a buit-in file browser like Largo or PPG Wave 3.V.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Oh, WE. Need try )

Everglide wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Do you know if the Mac problems are being looked at, most importantly the maxed out meters and noise blast/peak?

I guess it's too much for now to hope that the arp and sync probs would be looked at.
Raymondwave,

Re. Maxed out meters & noise blast. Try this, check the 'Mod Matrix' and adjust any 'Volume' parameters in your Preset.

If the Arp doesn't sync in Largo 1.5 (32bit version) try the following but please proceed with CAUTION;

Download 'Onyx' a free OSX modifier by Titanium. Open the 'Cleaning' tab and delete the cache for 'Audio Components' and then restart. Make sure you turn off everything else and ignore the other tabs like 'Maintenance' and 'Utilities'. There's simply no reason to modify other settings and you don't want to ruin your OS.

Please note that this trick helps re-sync Largo 1.5 on the Macintosh.

As I've stated in previous posts, current projects with instances of Largo which previously synced no longer do.Both the ARP & DELAY in LARGO 1.5.2 (64bit version) do NOT sync. However, I'm yet to check the recent update RC1, can anyone confirm that the synchronisation problems still occurs on the Mac?

I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

To sum it up Waldorf published Release Candidates for Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition and Wasldorf Edition LE now:

Largo:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

Waldorf Edition:

Waldorf Edition LE:

As always any bug reports are welcome. Having all those avilable to the public should give the opportunity to find remaining bugs.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Rommelaar wrote:I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?
Regarding Largo VST3 64-bit Windows 7 Cubase 7.5:

Anyone care to comment?

Rommelaar wrote: I was not sure what this meant. This not synchronizing of the Arp ... you draw something new in the Arp window, but the old values remain visible and the Arp windows gets cluttered. Am I right?
I just got a list from the Waldorf QA ("quality assurance") director with possible issues i should check in different plugin formats.
One of those was a possible problem with the Arp patterns. He said i should check if i could move the faders for the pattern.
I did that and when i switched to other presets the new patterns were shown but overlapped with the changes i had done in my previous test. That pattern from my test is now overlapping the patterns of all other patches.
I also found that with "Init program" the pattern does not seem to be cleaned.

So basically your post sums it up quite well.

I tested this with the VST 64-bit in Windows but could also happen in other formats.

It does not happen in the old 32-bit plugin (v1.5.1).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for the info, Ingo. It feels good that it gets noticed.

BTW I bought the set you made for the Blofeld, Analog vs Digital. Amazing sounds ! :hyper:

Rommelaar wrote:Thanks for the info, Ingo. It feels good that it gets noticed.

BTW I bought the set you made for the Blofeld, Analog vs Digital. Amazing sounds ! :hyper:
Many thanks for purchasing the soundset and the nice comment. I hope you will have fun with it. :hug:

BTW with the update i had checked the pattern in the Largo Arp in the past but i did not switch presets after that (at least not with the Arp windows open) so i din't notice the problem.
Ingo Weidner

UPDATE:
The Arpeggiator problem mentioned above seems to be a GUI refresh problem. If i close and re-open the GUI it seems to look OK again.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

i have both the largo and the ppg wave 3V 64bit versions running fine in live 9.1.3 64bit (started with administrator rights) and will check for further bugs. however, the first thing i noticed is the tremendous reduction of the cpu consumption. with the native 64bit versions neither largo nor ppg wave scratch the 10% mark of live's cpu meter (on an older i7 quad core). so, cudos to waldorf for that :tu:

Ingonator wrote:UPDATE:
The Arpeggiator problem mentioned above seems to be a GUI refresh problem. If i close and re-open the GUI it seems to look OK again.

Ingo
Bug confirmed here, as well.

(Windows 7 x64, Cubase 7.5.2 x64, Largo VST3 64-bit / 1.5.2 RC1)

Return to “Instruments”