What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Hink
Rad Grandad

24852 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
robojam wrote:They've always been like that though, and Lemmy has a habit during gigs of complaining over his vocal mic that the sound isn't loud enough.

Yeah but that's their thing though. Everything louder than..... etc.

It's a bit like getting annoyed at Michael Jackson moonwalking too much. Thats their trademark.

well annoyed wasn't the right word, it simply was not worth the ultimate price of admission which was the toll the entire show would have had on my ears. I dont think Jackson moonwalking could do me much harm. I went to a lot of loud shows, saw Maiden 9 times during the 80's and that's just scratching the surface, I always had ear plugs (the ones I wore in the military) but they were not enough. Like I said many people walked out.

Mike I think we talked about this before, it was the Paradise club in Boston just outside of Kenmore SQ on Coomonwealth Ave...according to wiki it has a capacity limit of 933 people but when we were there there was a comedy club in there too.

This picture is recent, after the renovation they did in 2010, I do not recall a balcony when I was there. We were on what is the floor in this pic

New Song LBS
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6513 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Oh wow, that is intimate.
Can definitely see how that would get loud quickly.

Does look like a great venue though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8413 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:49 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:...the rock n roll lifestyle. Bottle of whiskey a day, speed for breakfast lunch and dinner, women by the truckload, and uber cool presence on stage...
:o :-o :shock:

I think I'd rather become an EDM producer, then I can drink even 2 bottles of Whiskey a day... :P
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7533 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:48 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:It's a bit like getting annoyed at Michael Jackson moonwalking too much.

This is a fallacy, he never moonwalked, he used a small mobility scooter on stage.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/RunBeerRun5 -Youtube jams
https://twitter.com/RunBeerRun5 -Twitter rants
vurt
addled muppet weed

33778 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:02 am Re: what has made you happy today?

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Motörhead :hail:

Lemme, what a f**king legend!

the only concert I ever walked out on was Motorhead on my birthday in 1983...now before you explode let me explain, it was in a small club and they went in there like they were playing an arena. We were not the only ones who left, not only was it way to loud for me (which was a rare thing tbh) there was no sonic quality in the wall of sound that hit us whatsoever (for obvious and Lemmy's voice did little to improve that. I have nothing against Motorhead or Lemmy at all but that was just plain ridiculous, I would have rather seen them in an arena and at least be able to hear the songs :shrug:

They've always been like that though, and Lemmy has a habit during gigs of complaining over his vocal mic that the sound isn't loud enough.
pfft, try sunn0))) if you want loud. seriously some folk threw up. iwas right near the door and could feel a breeze coming from the stacks they where pushing so much air.
i wore ear plugs and my friend didnt. saw him about a week later and he was still pretty much shouting when he spoke and said he could still hear the ringing in his ears.
vurt
addled muppet weed

33778 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:04 am Re: what has made you happy today?

RunBeerRun wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:It's a bit like getting annoyed at Michael Jackson moonwalking too much.

This is a fallacy, he never moonwalked, he used a small mobility scooter on stage.
wrong he was wearing wheelies.
robojam
KVRAF

21027 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am Re: what has made you happy today?

vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:

the only concert I ever walked out on was Motorhead on my birthday in 1983...now before you explode let me explain, it was in a small club and they went in there like they were playing an arena. We were not the only ones who left, not only was it way to loud for me (which was a rare thing tbh) there was no sonic quality in the wall of sound that hit us whatsoever (for obvious and Lemmy's voice did little to improve that. I have nothing against Motorhead or Lemmy at all but that was just plain ridiculous, I would have rather seen them in an arena and at least be able to hear the songs :shrug:

They've always been like that though, and Lemmy has a habit during gigs of complaining over his vocal mic that the sound isn't loud enough.
pfft, try sunn0))) if you want loud. seriously some folk threw up. iwas right near the door and could feel a breeze coming from the stacks they where pushing so much air.
i wore ear plugs and my friend didnt. saw him about a week later and he was still pretty much shouting when he spoke and said he could still hear the ringing in his ears.

That was pretty much me and my mate for a few days after motorhead too. It started raining when we left so we took a taxi. The taxi driver was shouting at us trying to get us to hear that he was telling us that we didn't need to shout at him... :hihi:
trimph1
KVRAF

13991 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 am Re: what has made you happy today?

vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:

When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Then Tangerine Dream....oi....were they loud. :o
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Codestation
KVRian

665 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Codestation; Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:00 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Posting on KVR has made me happy today. :D

Cool you got to see Tangerine Dream. I'll never go to a concert without massive layers of sound protection. :hug:

Did Edgar spend most of the concert with his back to the audience in a calm state of detached stoicism? I like how he does that when he performs. It's not that he's too cool to look at you, he's just to cool to be worried about having to do anything but whatever he wants. I like that.
SkyFallMMX
KVRer

8 posts since 10 Jul, 2014

Postby SkyFallMMX; Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

I ate a really juicy plum that tasted so sweet like sugar made me feel young! MMmmm!!! I was happy it didn't taste like boring tasteless fruit!
SkyFallMMX
KVRer

8 posts since 10 Jul, 2014

Postby SkyFallMMX; Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

I also was happy when I heard a good song, "Twine Canvas" sounds like I was at a concert!
o-shazz
KVRer

2 posts since 9 Jul, 2014

Postby o-shazz; Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:48 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Mixing Rock for the first time in my life :tu:
bluedad
something special

8038 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:17 am Re: what has made you happy today?

could not find my ipad, and couldn't remember the last place I had it. So, used the 'find my ipad' at icloud to see if I'd brought it
home or actually left it somewhere. Sure enough it showed as being home, and I was delighted to discover I could
have it make a sound so I could track it down! Lol, it was in a location I had looked, but hadn't dug deep enough!
wish I had thought of that yesterday when I spent 20 minutes looking for my iphone.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
robojam
KVRAF

21027 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 am Re: what has made you happy today?

You should probably post that in the old age thread... :hihi:
Hink
Rad Grandad

24852 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:35 am Re: what has made you happy today?

my car will be 11 years old next month (56k mileage though) and another year it passed inspection :phew:
New Song LBS
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic