Synth1 ver1.13 beta3 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

classic wrote:Wanted to download and got a virus warning from GData anti virus so.......
If you want to be sure, after downloading the file (downloading won't harm you in any way), upload it on http://www.virustotal.com, and let it be scanned by various virus scanners online.

Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo (Engine A)

Thats the virus G Data found.
May be the developer should have another look at his side?

Thats what the virus online check says.

Ad-Aware Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo 20140708
BitDefender Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo 20140708
Emsisoft Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo (B) 20140708
F-Secure Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo 20140708
GData Gen:Trojan.Heur.JP.eqW@aWg2ZJo 20140708
Qihoo-360 HEUR/Malware.QVM20.Gen

If I am not mistaken, heuristics means that the virus scanner is guessing, but has not found anything concrete.

Those half dozen scanners seem to use the same heuristics engine, and thus come to the same, probably wrong, conclusion.

Hm, unusual amount of results. At least i'd be a bit careful about it then, whatever that means. Maybe send it to G-Data, so they can check it, if that's possible. I've done that with a few of IMO false warnings already.

There is probably something in that folder that those two engines consider fishy based on comparisons to similar code that has turned out to be malware.

no virus whatsoever, if you download from ichiro´s original website. it´s a false positive of bad structured heueristic antivirus software.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Synth1 has a better filter now than any antivirus software? :ud:

The guess-it's-a-virus rate dropped already to 2 / 53 (from 6 / 53).
:)

brok landers wrote:no virus whatsoever, if you download from ichiro´s original website. it´s a false positive of bad structured heueristic antivirus software.
+1k :roll:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

fluffy_little_something wrote:Quite a lot of action recently :)
Are you the developer? How can we donate something? Haven't found anything on your chaotic, mostly Japanese site :wink:

I only wish a native English speaker would rewrite the installation and update instructions so that one can easily understand them. Frankly, I don't understand them...
If you use chrome then right click on the page and select "Translate to English" and viola
.Image

simples really!

First of all, who am I to translate websites? I assume a Japanese developer knows hardly anyone outside Japan speaks Japanese. So if they want to appeal to an international audience, they should have their site translated, if necessary via Google as well.

Plus, what exactly is your screenshot to show? I can't read anything because the fonts are so small...

Um. What makes you think the guy wants to appeal to an international audience? He just did a freeware synth plugin, which became pretty famous and popular... apart from that i don't get the effort to use a site translator. It's just a few clicks for you. Although i must say that asian to english translation suck. The language differences are too severe i guess.

Don't forget you get this for free. I don't think you can imagine the huge effort that has to put into coding something like this. Don't think a few mouse clicks to get the website translated is asked too much.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

classic wrote:Wanted to download and got a virus warning from GData anti virus so.......
Had the same warning from F-Secure.

I sent them the file and they analysed it. They found out it was a false positive and said they'll add that file to their database. Everything is safe on that aspect in Synth1.13b2

Ichiro Toda is aware of that issue and has been informed of those latest developments.

chk071 wrote:Um. What makes you think the guy wants to appeal to an international audience? He just did a freeware synth plugin, which became pretty famous and popular... apart from that i don't get the effort to use a site translator. It's just a few clicks for you. Although i must say that asian to english translation suck. The language differences are too severe i guess.

Don't forget you get this for free. I don't think you can imagine the huge effort that has to put into coding something like this. Don't think a few mouse clicks to get the website translated is asked too much.
Freeware or not, I won't translate other people's websites just in order to donate. There is enough freeware out there, I don't need to run after people in order to donate to them.
If he doesn't want the money from abroad, fine, no need to translate the website, no donation. And if he does want money from abroad, he should translate his site into English, at least that part on donation. He should have had more than enough time during those 11 years to translate one sentence...

I guess I will delete it anyway, it sounds just too harsh and modern to my ears...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”