Cubase 7.5, but then I tried Logic today.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That wasn't until Logic X however (used a quick Google search on this). VariAudio was with Cubase since v5, and they could improve it over the years. Prior to that, people had to use Melodyne.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

How does logic's iPad control ap compare to the cubase I control

bill45 wrote:How does logic's iPad control ap compare to the cubase I control
Logic's is far superior to any other option. V-Control + Pro Tools comes somewhat close... but Logic is still more comprehensive.

HobbyCore wrote:Logic has a melodyne like thing called flex pitch/audio.
Doesn't analyze chords, though. Logic's pitch correction is supposed to be pretty good (I use Melodyne), but it is only useable on monophonic sources. For a vocal or perhaps a bass, it will work ok, but I recently did a song that had fairly intricate finger-picking on the guitar. I found out only after the fact that I had played one of the guitar parts incorrectly, and just went in with Melodyne and changed one note. Couldn't tell the difference afterward. Couldn't do that with Logic, but maybe that will come in a future update.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

I'm curious as I haven't upgraded yet from Logic 9. Is it a fairly easy transition to the new version from 9? i.e my old cmnd. keys, screensets and other beloved features from L9? Some things in Logic are irreplaceable for me but I'm going to be bummed if everything is different. :roll:

I found it easy. I think you can import LP9 key commands. The only caveat I'd offer is that any 32 bit plugins won't function.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

I have everything in 64 bit now anyway... I'm running L9 as 64 bit currently. I may have to pull the trigger on the upgrade although I've been messing around a lot with Live lately.

So what happens to the L9 jam packs I have loaded already??? Do those work with L10???

DHR53 wrote:So what happens to the L9 jam packs I have loaded already??? Do those work with L10???
Yes
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Compyfox wrote:(yes, I do know that Logic can use both VST and AU!).
How!? Is this just in Logic X or does it work in 9 too?

Logic only authenticates AUs, afaik
-Henry A. Wallace

Okay... kind of possible... with wrappers or loopback devices.

I'll remove that comment shortly.

I'm in a constant debate with one of my friends on Mac and VST, and he's like "I don't use VST". Might have mixed something in the heat of the moment.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”