automating effects

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm new to t5, so , please forgive me if this is a stupid question. i was using a vst called camel space and wanted to automate a small part of my audio. i clicked on the A and within the context filled window for the plugin i couldn't find an off/ on, or bypass option. so i used the wet/dry but it still didn't work. any suggestions?

how about any effect plug in?

How about it? Do you have the automation read enabled?

Hi Carl!

You could split the clip up to isolate the section you want to apply the effect to then drag'ndrop the desired effect onto the newly split clip which will apply it just to that section instead of the whole track.

I only just tested this feature myself now and unfortunately all LADSPA plugins cause T5 to crash as soon as you try to play a project that has a per-clip LADSPA plugin inserted. I've had the same happen with a VST effect too but most of them and the Tracktion plugs seem to work OK per-clip under Linux.

how do you read enable in t5?

i'm ignorant on types of plug ins. are the camel audio plugins ladspa?

No, the Camel plugins will be VST or maybe AU if you're usinng a Mac. LADSPA is a Linux audio plugin format - I'm not even sure you can use LADSPA plugins under the Win and OSX versions.

Did you try my suggestion? It doesn't require enabling or using any automation although you could do it that way instead if you know how.

yes, it worked! thank you! i'm used to automation in s1 pro 2 and reaper. i'll just work a little harder learning t 5.

Return to “Tracktion”