accSone released crusherX-Mac! 5.3 64bit

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
crusherX-Mac!

accSone released crusherX-Mac! 5.3 64bit

A new vapor parameter is introduced: X-Crush is invented by accSone 2014 and unique in the world of granular synthesis: It adds a special asymetric ring-modulation transformation feeded by the overlap of each grain with its successor. While interacting dynamical with the other vapor parameters X-Crush will lead from subtile ringing artifacts up to extreme phase shifting and distortion sounds.

crusherX-Mac! 5 clearly focused on the needs of professionals: Native 64bit support is provided and this enables the enhancement of grain lengths and modulation depths up to 60sec. It open the door towards huge, massive and long lasting evolving sound clouds.

The UI was reworked to integrate better into professional DAWs and gives a better feedback on special settings. There is more space reserved for the Physical-Modeling and Cloud-Visualization controls, the mixer controls and level meters are better accessible. Several background assistances ensures quicker workflows (there is e.g. an automatic setting of the filter mode if certain modulation modification are done by the user). This saves your time and creates more joy on your sound investigation. The new morphing of presets / programs feature enables to morph between pre-stored plug-in programs without adding additional load to the CPU.

What is new in 5.3?
  • - add X-Crush parameter that does sound processing on the grain overlaps
    - fix crash on long grain lengths in combination with high midi note
    - AU version is now loadable under Ableton Live
The update from all 5.x versions to 5.3 version is free. Just follow the full version download link again to receive the current version.

Find an upgrade offer from all older versions here:
http://www.accsone.com/component/page,s ... temid,322/

Find more info and a free Demo download here: http://mac.crusher-x.com/

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be saving midi controller mappings between sessions, every time I start the plugin I have to go into param/midi setup and load the settings from a saved file.

aMUSEd wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be saving midi controller mappings between sessions, every time I start the plugin I have to go into param/midi setup and load the settings from a saved file.
Yes, this issue should be fixed with the current build. Just download again to get the latest build.

Best
accSone

Great thanks

No it's still not remembering the midi setting between sessions. I load the saved file then it works but next time I open it I have to load the saved file again.

aMUSEd wrote:No it's still not remembering the midi setting between sessions. I load the saved file then it works but next time I open it I have to load the saved file again.
Yes, you're right, but that is intended: crusherX-Mac! stores the MIDI settings in the hosts presets storage. That means, if you release the plug from a slot and load it again the midi settings will come up with their defaults. That enables you to have different settings in different slots (e.g. we use that for steering different parallel running plugs with different controllers).

Best
accSone

I'd rather it just remembered what I set it up to do between all projects like other plugins do - the set up is complicated enough as it is compared to most plugins, midi learn doesn't seem to work well so you have to configure it manually. If I wanted different setups for different projects I could just save different files then.

aMUSEd wrote:I'd rather it just remembered what I set it up to do between all projects like other plugins do - the set up is complicated enough as it is compared to most plugins, midi learn doesn't seem to work well so you have to configure it manually. If I wanted different setups for different projects I could just save different files then.
Yes, it is not easy but that gives the full freedom to use the different settings on different instances running at the same time (not different projects!). This requirement original comes from sounds artists using the crusher in multichannel installations using one hosts with several crusher instances running at the same time with different MIDI settings.

Best
accSone

Return to “accSone”