Crashes and other weird behavior

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few annoyances with the most recent build (on Mac OS 10.9.3):

- Modulating 'wave index' parameter (with Bitwig) host automation leads to a Synthmaster crash

- Impossible to change skin from 'Player Skin'. There is a menu for skins but it does nothing.

- Impossible to accurately sync MSEG curves to tempo, they are always slightly off.

- Assigned parameters stop working randomly sometimes (eg. an envelope assigned to filter cutoff suddenly stops modulating)

- Turning effects on does nothing. An effect preset needs to be loaded instead to activate the effect.

I must say, when I first bought Synthmaster I had a lot of trouble getting it to work and now as I'm coming back to it after a year of using other tools I come to realize it is still riddled with all this mysterious behavior. I find it hard to invest working time into something that slaps me in the face constantly.

I love the concept, the ideas and putting so many different options in to one simple piece of software but please, for the love of god, make this as stable and reliable as NI Massive and I'll re-buy the thing twice from you as a sign of gratitude for work well done. At present, I cant use this even though I'd love to. I just dont have enough time to deal with issues.

Synthmaster is a very, very good synth. One of my preferred synths concerning its features.

But it is one of the worst synths concerning the fix of bugs (many are not taken in account by the developer and remain still present in the version 2.6 after months and years!), and one of the worst synths also concerning the huge time between releases of versions fixing bugs... and many suggestions of corrections made by users in the forum don't even have the least answer from Bülent! I made several reports of bugs but also many suggestions which are evident for the ease, and not a least one time he answered neither my reports nor my suggestions. And it is the same for many other users.

This is a great synth, and I have bought tons of presets expansions too... not for the quality of the synth, but for the quality of the expansions made with it! And the quality of these expansions prooves that this synth really has huge resources. But due to all the lacks in the details of the features, to the incredible lacks and bad behaviors of the GUI, and to the bugs never fixed after months and years... I don't use it so much, prefering to go to synths having developers much more dialoging with their users about the suggestions of features, suggestions of better behaviors, and reports about the bugs! The bugs (and demands of corrections of features to a better use) reported here in this forum and for which Bülent has never answered are unnumerable!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

if the above is true he's probably too busy bathing in money - thanks to the fools at Computer Music voting this the best synth of the year award etc.

you just don't put something to a pedestal like that only cause its conceptually great... but fails to deliver in hardcore use.

so yea... not really promising to hear and read about the bugfest.

Contour wrote:if the above is true he's probably too busy bathing in money - thanks to the fools at Computer Music voting this the best synth of the year award etc.

you just don't put something to a pedestal like that only cause its conceptually great... but fails to deliver in hardcore use.

so yea... not really promising to hear and read about the bugfest.
I repeat: I really like this synth. It is one of my favorites, and it is even one of the first synths that I always recommend to friends. But there is a huge problem with the quasi-absence of dialogs with Bülent and his lack in taking in account the reports of bugs and the very annoying issues in some features. So I maintain my words: I really like this synth but there's a huge problem in the reactivity of Bülent for his customers.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I requested a change of email address using the contact form on the company website and within hours received a confirmation email and change of serial number.
Great service from the kv331 team.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Return to “KV331 Audio”