What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The world cup thread!

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8383 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:35 pm Re: The world cup thread!

rp314 wrote:Will Angela Merkel and Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner go a few rounds before the match? :lol:
Her grand parents might still speak a bit German... :wink:
Late_Bloomer
KVRist

34 posts since 9 Jan, 2014

Postby Late_Bloomer; Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:46 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Damn it! What a shitty game it turned out to be. Freaking 'Dutch riders' disappointed yet again. The only good thing out of this whole situation is that Germans now have a good chance at revenge for 'Mexico 86' final. Even though Germans didn't have any problems molesting Argentina in South Africa, this time around will definitely be different, but I bet memories of that defeat are still in the back of Messi's mind 8)
rp314
KVRAF

1896 posts since 24 Mar, 2006, from The city by the bay

Postby rp314; Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm Re: The world cup thread!

I'll bet that Argentina will not lose to Germany by a score of 7-1. Any takers?

And remind everyone of something I posted earlier in this thread: FIFA, who in the minds of some are terrible sinners, may be afraid of the wrath of a certain person who wears a funny hat, has been a lifelong fan of San Lorenzo de Almagro, and could indeed have some pull with you know whom. How else can you explain how things have gone down??? :hihi:
Alpha 5: What is your religion? Lemmy Caution: I believe in the inspirations of conscience.
hibidy
KVRAF

40455 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:02 pm Re: The world cup thread!

rp314 wrote:I'll bet that Argentina will not lose to Germany by a score of 7-1. Any takers?

no (picture frown cat, but I'm too lazy to go through all that )
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

7698 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Argentina to win. At least that is who I am rooting for in that game!

Germany was playing very well and Brazil very poorly so we didn't see what Germany can do to a strong team.. just what they can do to a very weak team.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
Late_Bloomer
KVRist

34 posts since 9 Jan, 2014

Postby Late_Bloomer; Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 pm Re: The world cup thread!

rp314 wrote:I'll bet that Argentina will not lose to Germany by a score of 7-1. Any takers?

I doubt we'll see more than three goals, but I do not mind being pleasantly surprised. As long as it won't go in extra time after goalless draw. If that happens, it would be a very dull finish for an otherwise exciting tournament.
keyman_sam
KVRAF

3392 posts since 7 Mar, 2005

Postby keyman_sam; Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 pm Re: The world cup thread!

I was sooo hoping the dutch would win. What a letdown.

The Dutch were contained by Argentina, not beaten. Whenever a game comes to penalty kicks, it goes to the luckier party.

Anyways, Germany for the win.
Alesis Fusion 6HD for sale/trade - Pm me!

Sample Libraries for Shortcircuit
Nielzie
KVRAF

4581 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Tricky-Loops wrote::zzz:

(Dreaming of Sunday...)

Indeed, looking forward to a show of German surpremacy against Argentina! Hopefully Argentina won't be butchered like Brazil though so we'll see less a one-sided game.

Glad we don't have to watch the lame unsportive dutch playstyle anymore :phew: That was horrible.
fmr
KVRAF

2685 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Nielzie wrote:Glad we don't have to watch the lame unsportive dutch playstyle anymore :phew: That was horrible.

This time I have to agree. I too was annoyed by the dutch playing. Shity playing. They did no effort at all to score. Not that Argentina took many more risks, but at least they tried every once in a while. And they had the excuse of not having Di Maria.
Fernando (FMR)
Urs
u-he

17052 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:51 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Late_Bloomer wrote:Germans now have a good chance at revenge for 'Mexico 86' final.

You do realize the Germans got that only 4 years later, in the Rome 1990 finals :clown:
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6240 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 am Re: The world cup thread!

keyman_sam wrote:I was sooo hoping the dutch would win. What a letdown.

The Dutch were contained by Argentina, not beaten. Whenever a game comes to penalty kicks, it goes to the luckier party.

Anyways, Germany for the win.

+1

No idea, but I'm sure you're right.

+1
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
Urs
u-he

17052 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 am Re: The world cup thread!

VitaminD wrote:Germany was playing very well and Brazil very poorly so we didn't see what Germany can do to a strong team.. just what they can do to a very weak team.

I disagree. Brazil was not a weak team before the first two or three goals happened. They were however briefed for the wrong strategy. Germany played like they did 4 years ago and Scolari seems to have missed that possibility.

That said, the German team loves to play against teams which rely on individual top players, like Portugal (CR7) and, I guess, Argentina (Messi). They have a tougher time against more homogenous teams, such as USA.
fmr
KVRAF

2685 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:09 am Re: The world cup thread!

Urs wrote:That said, the German team loves to play against teams which rely on individual top players, like Portugal (CR7) and, I guess, Argentina (Messi). They have a tougher time against more homogenous teams, such as USA.

And Ghana, and Algeria... But you're right. Germany plays as a team, however their football is not as effective against other "teams".

Germany is not unbeatable, far from it - Remember the humiliation Bayern suffered against Real Madrid in this years Champions. There are no two games alike, and in a final anything can happen.

Question remaining: Is Argentina ready to play against Germany "as a team"? I think they are, based on what we saw yesterday. The final may be a dull game, but I predict Germany will have a hard time to beat Argentina. If Di Maria recovers in time, as some have been saying, then chances will be much even.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)
Lotuzia
KVRAF

7270 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 am Re: The world cup thread!

Argentina and Holland both did play like teams yesterday, despite they had one or more *stars* inside the team. Defenses took the advantage VS attackers but the tactical schema was good in both teams, a kind of revamped cattenacio. Brazil's tactical errors could not be seen in this match. Messi and Mascherano VS Muller and Lahm, this might be a good way to see things. The game wont be simple for either of the two teams. Neuer is a very brilliant goalkeeper, but Argentina has some smart attackers as well ( Lavezzi in a good day, or Higuain, can score at any time, as can Messi of course. Same for Germans, the midfields can all score ) I'd say German are favorites, have a slight psychological advantage after their great game vs Brazil, and will be less tired, due to the extra day off and the prolounged game for Argentina, but still, its nearly 50/50 imho.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
robojam
KVRAF

20379 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 am Re: The world cup thread!

Not sure I really have that much interest in watching the final now, and considering Brazil's performance this week, even the 3rd/4th place match doesn't really interest me.

I think I'd rather see Germany win it though, as they have probably been the best team of the tournament in terms of performance (even though they had a couple of not so great games).
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic