Mux VST - Current Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

i bought mux recently to use in bitwig, a couple of my older much used plugins don't work in bitwig, but do in mux, i use quite few synths with no patch manager and mux offers fxb/fxp so it's great to have that seeing as bitwig seem to have forgotten to add that feature.
Last edited by emef on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

As Mulab 6 is about to be officially released any day now, Mux will follow suit I suppose. Don't know though which improvements it will bring, probably all those that are listed for Mulab, but don't apply to the DAW part of Mulab.

This is all very helpful - thank you all! One other question - can someone please tell me what the differences are between Mux, Bidule and Usine? They all seem very similar, but Mux is much less expensive. Is there other similar modular software I should be considering in this group?

bharris22 wrote:This is all very helpful - thank you all! One other question - can someone please tell me what the differences are between Mux, Bidule and Usine? They all seem very similar, but Mux is much less expensive. Is there other similar modular software I should be considering in this group?
One thing for sure for the MUX:
FIRST CLASS "ACTIVE" DEVELOPMENT. :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

bluedad wrote:10.21 posts a day and you don't have time? :lol:
Could you please tell me where this damn 0.21 post is? I have to fill it up with the missing 79 % content! :help:

Recently I reviewed it for SoundBytes magazine, and its very cool, I really like it. 8)

bharris22 wrote:This is all very helpful - thank you all! One other question - can someone please tell me what the differences are between Mux, Bidule and Usine? They all seem very similar, but Mux is much less expensive. Is there other similar modular software I should be considering in this group?
Usine Hollyhock is a complete DAW (with modular environment) which was developed especially for live use...

VstForx might be an alternative as well. It has a interesting feature set and looks like it's growing all the time still. No own oscillators though, atleast not yet.

http://www.vstforx.de/index.php/product-details/vstforx

A little discussion I had a few days ago in another thread with saukar where I talked about all I can do with MUX:
  1. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5790705
  2. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5790708
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I have Mux... and have used it on a couple tracks... its pretty awesome. I haven't come close yet to even begin scratching the surface. Mainly used it with freq splitting. Mulab 6 is due out soon and is looking quite nice

I think I'm convinced. Will probably pick up MUX and VSTForx . . . .Thanks, everyone!

I like it and plan on purchasing at some point. Just recently bought ST3 so....
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

How good/well-equipped is the included MuSampler?

Can it compete with some of the low priced sampler released these days like TAL-Sampler or Redux?

Download MuLab Free and give it a go -- it's the quickest and best way to find out if it does what you want. If you like the built-in MuX in MuLab, it's got no differences in other hosts as a VST (to my knowledge).

Numanoid wrote:How good/well-equipped is the included MuSampler?

Can it compete with some of the low priced sampler released these days like TAL-Sampler or Redux?
I don't think the new TAL sampler is low-priced. For a sampler the regular price of 60 USD is actually relatively expensive in my view, just a few dollars cheaper than the entire MUX plugin (59 euros, about 65 dollars).
The TAL sampler seems to be a professional sampling solution.

I only use the free Omni sampler in Mixcraft, that is more than enough for the few times I use samples.

Return to “Instruments”