MLoudnessAnalyzer short-term max.

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

i've just downloaded the MFreeEffectsBundle. First: Great Plug-Ins! ;)
I tried the MLoudnessAnalyzer on a Production I made shortly and like the PlugIn very much. But there is one function I'm missing that I would need to really work with it: a function that shows the max measured short-term and momentary because here in germany there are restrictions on that (regarding commercials). The momentary isn't allowed to go over 8 and the short-term over 3. As i see it there is no way on checking this with the MLoudnessAnalyzer but to look on the PlugIn the whole time - or is there? Do i just not find the function, or is there really no way to see the max measured short term? Or is this function only in the paid version available?

Hi,

thank you. Well, there's no real maximum measurement right now, but you can use the time graphs. You need to watch it from time to time, but it should do the trick. Unless there's a strong constraint in germany - like when a material gets to 8.1 LU it won't be allowed or something.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yep,
some stations are that constraint. If the materials shot-term max. is at 3.1 it goes back to the studio for correction (or is just not gets aired). :? Looking to the graph is a way to check it, but its not really practical and not that accurate i think.
MeldaProduction wrote:Well, there's no real maximum measurement right now
means it is probably going to be implemented in the future? :wink:

Ok, I'll add it to to-do list, but I don't promise anything ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Update has been released! ;)
Vojtech

Awesome! Thank you very much! :party: :tu:

There is another thing i noticed: The MLoudnessAnalyzer shows another Range than the Nugen VisLM. In the session i tested the MLA shows 2.7 and the VisLM shows 5.3. Seems strange to me and i don't know which one shows the right value. Tested with PT10.
An another thing i noticed: The slider / magnifying glass below the graph don't work. Or i am to stupid to see a change... When i hit the magnifying glass i am expecting something like when i change the resolution in the time graph settings. probably i have to look for something else?! The 0% on the left and 100% on the right (at the beginning) are confusing me, because i don't know, what they mean... :ud: :help:

I'll check the loudness range, but isn't it possible that you are using an audio full of "silent parts"? It's pretty possible, that we actually use a different standard (there's this ITUxxx-1, ITU-xxx-2...), we use the first one.

About the magnifying glass - yes, that's useless :D, nice one! Will be removed ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”