What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

19849 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:39 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:my car will be 11 years old next month (56k mileage though) and another year it passed inspection :phew:

If it fails just bring it down here to SC - there are no inspections here... :scared:
KVRAF

4584 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:48 am Re: what has made you happy today?

trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Which reminds me, Mother Acid Temple are playing a tiny local club soon, that could be loud. :)

Only gigs that caused me prolonged ear issues were Dinosaur Jr and Little Steven of all people; played a local hall around '86/7 (so height of his fame really) but there were only a few dozen people. Sound was way too loud and just echoed horribly, half the audience promptly disappeared to the bar. Give him his due though, carried on like a trooper, quite a show really.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Rad Grandad

24570 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am Re: what has made you happy today?

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:my car will be 11 years old next month (56k mileage though) and another year it passed inspection :phew:

If it fails just bring it down here to SC - there are no inspections here... :scared:

wow, that must have felt strange after living in NH :o
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

Postby robojam; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:

Just driving down here was very, very weird as it was like suddenly 99% of people on the road were drunk student drivers (or at least had similar driving ability and judgment). And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:
Rad Grandad

24570 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 am Re: what has made you happy today?

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:

Just driving down here was very, very weird as it was like suddenly 99% of people on the road were drunk student drivers (or at least had similar driving ability and judgment). And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:

we're not bad drivers, we're just so good we think we should have the road all to ourselves :hihi:

Also another thing to be happy about, my Granddaughter's b-day today :tu:
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

Postby robojam; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:

we're not bad drivers, we're just so good we think we should have the road all to ourselves :hihi:

Also another thing to be happy about, my Granddaughter's b-day today :tu:

The road, the sidewalk, Pheasant Lane Mall... :hihi:

Happy birthday to your grandaughter too!
addled muppet weed

34209 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 am Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:
trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Which reminds me, Mother Acid Temple are playing a tiny local club soon, that could be loud. :)

Only gigs that caused me prolonged ear issues were Dinosaur Jr and Little Steven of all people; played a local hall around '86/7 (so height of his fame really) but there were only a few dozen people. Sound was way too loud and just echoed horribly, half the audience promptly disappeared to the bar. Give him his due though, carried on like a trooper, quite a show really.

yeah amt can get pretty loud, but definitely worth seeing
wonder if theyre playing anywhere up here?
KVRian

823 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 am Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:

AMT are playing in Birmingham tonight. Makoto will doing some solo stuff on another date at the same place soon. I think an old mate of mine has something to do with it - from all the blurb he keeps putting up on facebook it seems like it anyway! Could be drumming up an audience as a favour to get the guy for his own nights I guess...

I'm tempted....but I'm saving my money for FINAL (Justin K Broadrick of Godlfesh/Jesu) at the end of the month that my mate definitely is running (Radio Black Forest is his thing, if you're in/around/can get to Brum). That one might be pretty loud too :D
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 am Re: what has made you happy today?

godflesh!
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Godflesh released an EP recently...first in ages!
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 am Re: what has made you happy today?

vurt wrote:
GaryG wrote:

yeah amt can get pretty loud, but definitely worth seeing
wonder if theyre playing anywhere up here?

They've got a few dates in the UK
They're playing Manchester, The Ruby Lounge on 26th August
http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/acid-mothers-temple

Oh...and I was wrong...Makoto solo is tonight...AMT are next month. Might do FINAL and AMT in that case.....winning!
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am Re: what has made you happy today?

cool cheers
may have to take a trip to manc!

no liverpool?
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Liverpool on 24th....at the Kazimier.

Thought u were manx for some reason
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 am Re: what has made you happy today?

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Liverpool on 24th....at the Kazimier.

Thought u were manx for some reason
i did live in manc for about 20 years
after my divorce i moved home to take a break from city life
im about midway between manc and lpool now
just theres a night bus back to here from lpool, just in case it finishes after 11 which is pretty much the last train here from manc give or take a few mins.
KVRAF

13554 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am Re: what has made you happy today?

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Godflesh released an EP recently...first in ages!

Playing it now!! :hyper: :D
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic