Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

what has made you happy today?

robogone
KVRAF

21430 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Gone

Postby robogone; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:39 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:my car will be 11 years old next month (56k mileage though) and another year it passed inspection :phew:

If it fails just bring it down here to SC - there are no inspections here... :scared:
GaryG
KVRAF

5105 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:48 am Re: what has made you happy today?

trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Which reminds me, Mother Acid Temple are playing a tiny local club soon, that could be loud. :)

Only gigs that caused me prolonged ear issues were Dinosaur Jr and Little Steven of all people; played a local hall around '86/7 (so height of his fame really) but there were only a few dozen people. Sound was way too loud and just echoed horribly, half the audience promptly disappeared to the bar. Give him his due though, carried on like a trooper, quite a show really.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Hink
Rad Grandad

25497 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am Re: what has made you happy today?

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:my car will be 11 years old next month (56k mileage though) and another year it passed inspection :phew:

If it fails just bring it down here to SC - there are no inspections here... :scared:

wow, that must have felt strange after living in NH :o
Hey, everything looks like noodles in here!
robogone
KVRAF

Postby robogone; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:

Just driving down here was very, very weird as it was like suddenly 99% of people on the road were drunk student drivers (or at least had similar driving ability and judgment). And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:
Hink
Rad Grandad

25497 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 am Re: what has made you happy today?

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:

Just driving down here was very, very weird as it was like suddenly 99% of people on the road were drunk student drivers (or at least had similar driving ability and judgment). And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:

we're not bad drivers, we're just so good we think we should have the road all to ourselves :hihi:

Also another thing to be happy about, my Granddaughter's b-day today :tu:
Hey, everything looks like noodles in here!
robogone
KVRAF

Postby robogone; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Hink wrote:
robojam wrote:And we thought Massholes were bad drivers... :hihi:

we're not bad drivers, we're just so good we think we should have the road all to ourselves :hihi:

Also another thing to be happy about, my Granddaughter's b-day today :tu:

The road, the sidewalk, Pheasant Lane Mall... :hihi:

Happy birthday to your grandaughter too!
vurt
addled muppet weed

34097 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 am Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:
trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Which reminds me, Mother Acid Temple are playing a tiny local club soon, that could be loud. :)

Only gigs that caused me prolonged ear issues were Dinosaur Jr and Little Steven of all people; played a local hall around '86/7 (so height of his fame really) but there were only a few dozen people. Sound was way too loud and just echoed horribly, half the audience promptly disappeared to the bar. Give him his due though, carried on like a trooper, quite a show really.

yeah amt can get pretty loud, but definitely worth seeing
wonder if theyre playing anywhere up here?
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

912 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 am Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:

AMT are playing in Birmingham tonight. Makoto will doing some solo stuff on another date at the same place soon. I think an old mate of mine has something to do with it - from all the blurb he keeps putting up on facebook it seems like it anyway! Could be drumming up an audience as a favour to get the guy for his own nights I guess...

I'm tempted....but I'm saving my money for FINAL (Justin K Broadrick of Godlfesh/Jesu) at the end of the month that my mate definitely is running (Radio Black Forest is his thing, if you're in/around/can get to Brum). That one might be pretty loud too :D
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 am Re: what has made you happy today?

godflesh!
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Godflesh released an EP recently...first in ages!
A. The higher the fewer.
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 am Re: what has made you happy today?

vurt wrote:
GaryG wrote:

yeah amt can get pretty loud, but definitely worth seeing
wonder if theyre playing anywhere up here?

They've got a few dates in the UK
They're playing Manchester, The Ruby Lounge on 26th August
http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/acid-mothers-temple

Oh...and I was wrong...Makoto solo is tonight...AMT are next month. Might do FINAL and AMT in that case.....winning!
A. The higher the fewer.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am Re: what has made you happy today?

cool cheers
may have to take a trip to manc!

no liverpool?
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Liverpool on 24th....at the Kazimier.

Thought u were manx for some reason
A. The higher the fewer.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 am Re: what has made you happy today?

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Liverpool on 24th....at the Kazimier.

Thought u were manx for some reason
i did live in manc for about 20 years
after my divorce i moved home to take a break from city life
im about midway between manc and lpool now
just theres a night bus back to here from lpool, just in case it finishes after 11 which is pretty much the last train here from manc give or take a few mins.
trimph1
KVRAF

17110 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am Re: what has made you happy today?

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Godflesh released an EP recently...first in ages!

Playing it now!! :hyper: :D
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic