IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

blueman wrote:
Is there any chance we can get some demonstration videos using the "Edit" page, maybe demonstrating some of the legacy applications in use (e.g. Sample Moog), and showing how the parameters and effects sound/work in action (actual use)? Sort of like a mini-tutorial?

That will be great... also, will like to see the keyswitching in works.. :idea:

blueman wrote:
hibidy wrote:It's going to be ONE DL size. You'll have to wait 66.4 hours like everyone else!
Are you jumping in on the pre-order, after all? Still undecided here, but nice to have a deadline (date) to give us more time to decide.
No, I was being a little devil. :hihi:

One thing I do wonder, if it will play nice with studio one. Right now, NI kontakt DOESN'T. I mean, it's not critical since I'm about a 80/20 user of live/studio one. I'm just thinking out loud......

hibidy wrote:One thing I do wonder, if it will play nice with studio one. Right now, NI kontakt DOESN'T. I mean, it's not critical since I'm about a 80/20 user of live/studio one. I'm just thinking out loud......
Well, I use Studio One almost exclusively now so ST3 compatibility is a HUGE concern for me. Other than its CPU-hungry ways, S1 seems to get along okay with Kontakt; what issues have you had? Do you expect ST3 to have problems?

Kontakt, maschine (particularly studio drummer, retro machines, the giant) causes spikes. Even on this monster computer. It's not just me, but it's certainly not that many people. Studio one has always given me grief with the cpu. It was better in the 2.5 versions, but the 2.6 it's back to being really bad. Oh well.

Are you sure the Kontakt spikes aren't due to hard disk usage? I find that turning up the amount of DFD storage memory really helps.

Well I'll look into it.

Too complicated. I don't have this issue in other hosts.

blueman wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:As far as Jordan Rudess examples go, this one seems a lot more tame...
Is there any chance we can get some demonstration videos using the "Edit" page, maybe demonstrating some of the legacy applications in use (e.g. Sample Moog), and showing how the parameters and effects sound/work in action (actual use)? Sort of like a mini-tutorial?
I've relayed this request, I'm sure there are more videos coming but I'm not sure exactly when.

15 days to go... With over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists and over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories setting SampleTank 3 apart, there's quite a lot of material to get your creativity going.

https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3 ... usticdrums

14 days left before preorder pricing is over... Since there's been some interest in the reprogrammed Miroslav Philharmonik sounds here is one using many articulations via keyswitching:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3-violinmulti

To preorder before the price goes up: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

Are we going to learn anything more about this shopping cart icon prior to release?
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:Are we going to learn anything more about this shopping cart icon prior to release?
It will be used to offer additional sound libraries, etc but it is not Custom Shop like T-RackS and AmpliTube. There won't likely be any extra sound libraries available at release, but there will be items there in due time.

Thanks. Will ST3 maintain a constant internet connection to IK, or only ping IK when one clicks on that shopping cart page?
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Any internet activity is very likely to create DPC latency spikes for Windows users on wi-fi, so I would imagine a "constant connection" wouldn't pass QA muster.

Return to “Instruments”