Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

HcDoom wrote:So, now is not the time to buy Largo for win 8 64bit S1 Pro v2.6.2? Rahter wait few more months to get it fixed by the Waldorf team?
This should be your own decison. If you want a 100% bug free 64-bit plugin maybe you should wait a bit. This also depends on which features you want to use and the GUI problem with the Arp pattern has no impact on the resulting sound.
Besides that i doubt that this will take some months for fixing. Some people already seem to be impatient if there is no new update for a week. We will take some time to fix as many remaining bugs as possible and bugs reported here are as important for that as bugs found by official testers.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

There is never "100% bug free" in software, Ingo ;)

EvilDragon wrote:There is never "100% bug free" in software, Ingo ;)
This was more or less my point. If you want a totally bug free software you could wait forever with a purchase...
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator what about circular control ? :x :harp:

c_voltage wrote:Ingonator what about circular control ? :x :harp:
I already added a comment at my current list which i am working on.

The fact that i do not reply to everything here does not mean i dio not read it.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Ingonator what about circular control ? :x :harp:
I already added a comment at my current list which i am working on.

The fact that i do not reply to everything here does not mean i dio not read it.
:lol: ok. (I apologize, heavy atmosphere with some admixture of destruction)

HcDoom wrote:So, now is not the time to buy Largo for win 8 64bit S1 Pro v2.6.2? Rahter wait few more months to get it fixed by the Waldorf team?
Even with the arp workflow hampered, I think it's still worth the purchase. I'll use my arp midi plugins with it, if needed.

As some more or less "exotic" hosts/DAWs like Numerology (Mac only) were mentioned here is a loist of hosts/DAWs that is officially supported by Waldorf and used for testing purposes (mostly the latest versions so i mention those here):

- Steinerg Cubase 7.5.20
- Ableton Live 9.1.3
- Apple Logic Pro 10.0.7
- PreSonus Studio One 2.6.2
- Avid Pro Tools 11.1.3 (+ 10.3.9)
- Cakewalk Sonar X3
- Cockos Reaper 4.7

Reaper was not planned but was added too. It is not a "major" DAW but quite poular (and i own it myself...).

I am currently using most of the hosts mentioned above, either as full versions or demo versions.
Of course not Logic as i don't own a Mac.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

At the new Waldorf forum someone reported a possible problem using multiple audio outputs with PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/kunena-en ... -panel#395

Anyone noticed a problem? If yes please tell me at which configuration (OS, host/DAW).

I tested it on Windows 7 64-bit with Live 9.1.3 64-bit (64-bit VST 2 plugin) and Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit (64-bit VST 3 plugin) without problems.

UPDATE:
Looks like a Mac and/or Digital Performer based problem:
I'm under LION 10.7.5. with Digital Performer 8.06 with PPG 3V 64 bits RC1 version

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

When applying copy/paste Part in Largo (within a 64-bit Cubase 7.5 project, that includes 4 Largo VST 2.4 instances and one Largo VST3 instance) I got this error:

"An exception occured. Save your work and restart the application.
The exception was thrown because of the plugin: Largo"

So there is something wrong in case of use with multiple instances, even with mixed vst 2.4 and 3 Largos.

Can someone help me in this Largo RC1 64-bit issue?

When I activate Part 2, 3 and 4 with, the sound of part 2 sounds hard pan left, the sound of part 3 hard pan right. When I activate multiple outputs they can sound stereo.

How does this work exactly?

samplerbanker wrote: 2.
Can someone help me in this Largo RC1 64-bit issue?

When I activate Part 2, 3 and 4 with, the sound of part 2 sounds hard pan left, the sound of part 3 hard pan right. When I activate multiple outputs they can sound stereo.

How does this work exactly?
Hi this is a confirmed issue with VST 2, VST 3 and AAX in Cubase 7.5, Studio One 2.6 and Pro Tools.
For some strange reason it does not seem to happen with the VST 2 plugin in Live 9 and Reaper 4.7.

Concerning this issue i even had a "phone session" with th QA director of Waldorf with both of us checking the issue at their computers...
samplerbanker wrote:1.
When applying copy/paste Part in Largo (within a 64-bit Cubase 7.5 project, that includes 4 Largo VST 2.4 instances and one Largo VST3 instance) I got this error:

"An exception occured. Save your work and restart the application.
The exception was thrown because of the plugin: Largo"

So there is something wrong in case of use with multiple instances, even with mixed vst 2.4 and 3 Largos.
No idea at the moment. I would have to check this myself, maybe also on different hosts. I alraedy used copy/paste of a Part but not while having multiple instances. Is it possible to replicate the same bug multiple times?
BTW why did you combine VSt 2.4 instances with one VST 3 instance?

UPDATE for 1.):
Just did a test on Windows 7 64-bit with Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit.
I used 4 VST 2.4 instances and one VST 3 instance and then tried to copy/paste layers. Did the same with a VST 2 and the VSt 3 instance but no crash so far.
Ingo Weidner

The reason I combined the different VST version was just for testing purposes.

samplerbanker wrote:The reason I combined the different VST version was just for testing purposes.
So were you able to replicate the problem? With my own tests i did not have a problem so far.
Ingo Weidner

Personally I could not reproduce it, but Daniel (WQA) seems managed to reproduce it already.

Ingonator wrote:At the new Waldorf forum someone reported a possible problem using multiple audio outputs with PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/kunena-en ... -panel#395

Anyone noticed a problem? If yes please tell me at which configuration (OS, host/DAW).

I tested it on Windows 7 64-bit with Live 9.1.3 64-bit (64-bit VST 2 plugin) and Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit (64-bit VST 3 plugin) without problems.

UPDATE:
Looks like a Mac and/or Digital Performer based problem:
I'm under LION 10.7.5. with Digital Performer 8.06 with PPG 3V 64 bits RC1 version
Checked the 64-bit VST 2 plugin with the demo of Digital Performer 8.0.6 64-bit on Windows 7 64bit.
Could not replicate the problem yet. Seems to be a Mac related problem or is just difficult to replicate.
I also posted at the forum in the link above.

Two screenshots of the PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit VST2 (single instance) with 5 patches at 5 different audio outputs in Live 9.1.3 64-bit and Digital Performer 8.0.6 64-bit (all 5 parts at MIDI channel 1 played with a single MIDI keyboard):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... Outs_1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... Outs_1.png

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”