Current laptops in the market with all green DPCcheck?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We could build a list. I'll start.
HP
elitebook 8570p, wireless card needs to be deactivates in device manager

---
Is there a list like this anywhere?

That is going to be a long long list. :-)
The problem is the driver, not the hardware, and since drivers change often and drivers performances are different on OS's i think the intention to make such a list is great, but getting a result is a more challenging task.

Regardless of holdebolder's valid argument, I'll add mine to the list:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 (i7 3632QM, 8Gb 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, nVidia GeForce GT 635M)
All green even without disabling the networking.

It's true that most problems are driver related. However, off-the-shelf laptops mostly come with fixed components. Some component suppliers produce better drivers than others. Depending on the components a manufacturer uses in a specific model, the driver behavior therefore also has a better chance of being up to par. This can vary within manufacturers across different models, though.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

google "pro audio laptop"
generally no more than what you would pay for an off the shelf and you get support (real support)

Scott
ADK

What are the chances that MS surface 3 will have a clean DPC check?
It looks pretty nice for the price. I'd take it over most ultrabooks.

Hrm? Even my three-year-old HP2000 netbook (Win 7 HomePremium 64bit, the little AMD Vision APU and 4G of RAM) gets an all-green with DPC Latency Checker, as does my 8-year-old XP SP3 desktop (and both run Reaper and lotsa plugs with no issue).
I sure would hope there would be few modern PCs indeed that would not be able to get 'all green'. I'll assume there something or many somethings that I'm missing here... :?
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Any idea where I can check if the acer R7 has a clean RPC latency?
I cannot find any store that carries it...

The fancy hinge sounds like a great way to operate the VSTs.

Linking a possibly interesting post:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/what-no ... aptop.html

I'm considering:
Schenker 413
Review Schenker S413 (Clevo W740SU) Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
ASUS N550JV
Review Asus N550JV-CN201H Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
Getting a clean latency check would be the top challenge on any of those.

Durability is also an issue.

A 24 month base warranty, with a pick-up & return service in some countries, is included in the purchase price. Schenker also ensures "immediate repair" in the first six months with a maximum process time of 48 hours. An additional 105 Euros (~$139) is charged for a warranty upgrade to 48 months and 210 Euros (~$278) has to be added for 48 months.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”