What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

DrewDale
KVRist

307 posts since 14 Jan, 2014, from The North Of England

Postby DrewDale; Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

I have
Elektrostudio's ODsay.
EFM's Axxe (both I & II) and Oddse,
Arppe2600va,
Prosolovst,
Synthschool's Odyssey.
And one called Oddy-Free.

Is there more ARP vst's for free out there or do I have them all ?

Thanks in advance :)
Can you dig it ?
Urs
u-he

17176 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

timewARP 2600 by WayOutWare, they have kikAxxe too

(oops... those are not free though)
beely
KVRist

259 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Postby beely; Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:33 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?
my fish aren't weird
electro
KVRAF

3297 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:29 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

Urs wrote:timewARP 2600 by WayOutWare, they have kikAxxe too

(oops... those are not free though)

TimeWARP hinted at a x64 Kickaxe port then was never heard from again.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=365733

Would Urs be interested in reviving a ProSoloist clone project? A very unique monosynth.
viewtopic.php?t=336382
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
Northwood Mediaworks
KVRist

49 posts since 22 Jun, 2011

Postby Northwood Mediaworks; Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

beely wrote:How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?

:hihi: Heh heh! Well said. GAS or what?

That said, I have been using Odsay, it is a lovely plugin, one of my faves, and I have thousands. (and yes I make music with them... :hyper: )
DrewDale
KVRist

Postby DrewDale; Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:18 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

beely wrote:How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?

I don't need them all in order to make music. I was merely asking if I had all of the freebies.
I like ARP emulations, not just to record with but also to plug my midi keyboard into and play around with.
There is a very good chance I would only use one or two in a recording.
Can you dig it ?
Maomoondog
KVRist

266 posts since 16 Mar, 2014

Postby Maomoondog; Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:57 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

From what I have seen around the web, I think you have listed all the free available ones. The odyssey variations are just cosmetically different (so I believe) except the Oddy-Free, that one is based on the MKII odyssey with the "moog type" filter. The Arppe2600va is an amazing vst, spending some time with that is well worth it. Also source out and download some of ARP's user manuals for the ones you have listed, all a great read and an insight into early analog synthesis. The vst versions behave using the same building blocks (except in a digital domain)

Edit - Just had a look at the ODsay and that one has an echo effect added.
Jump on the train to nowhere from now on you are free.
trimph1
KVRAF

13740 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:32 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

Maomoondog wrote:From what I have seen around the web, I think you have listed all the free available ones. The odyssey variations are just cosmetically different (so I believe) except the Oddy-Free, that one is based on the MKII odyssey with the "moog type" filter. The Arppe2600va is an amazing vst, spending some time with that is well worth it. Also source out and download some of ARP's user manuals for the ones you have listed, all a great read and an insight into early analog synthesis. The vst versions behave using the same building blocks (except in a digital domain)

Edit - Just had a look at the ODsay and that one has an echo effect added.

+1 to the above.

As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Maomoondog
KVRist

Postby Maomoondog; Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:30 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

trimph1 wrote:+1 to the above.

As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)

I am envious, I think back now and remember we picked a used Roland System 100 http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/sys100.php over a used Arp2600 :dog:
syntheticillusion
KVRist

166 posts since 8 Jan, 2011, from Welland, Ontario, Canada

Postby syntheticillusion; Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

you have most of them but gforce oddity and arturia arp2600 v were not mentioned
chk071
KVRAF

2970 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

Prolly because they aren't free. :hihi:
chk071
KVRAF

2970 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

trimph1 wrote:As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)

Good to know, i always wondered how close of an emulation it is.
mridlen
KVRist

193 posts since 2 Oct, 2012

Postby mridlen; Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:26 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

I definitely prefer the Arppe2600va. That is a really inspiring synth.

Also, slightly off topic, the OddyFree is a really good clone of the ARP Odyssey.
DrewDale
KVRist

Postby DrewDale; Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

Thank you all for your responses. It does seem that I have all of the freebies. :tu:
Can you dig it ?
Maomoondog
KVRist

Postby Maomoondog; Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:31 am Re: How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

Happy to be of help along the way :)
As I mentioned, it's worth downloading pdf's of the original synths, just to get to know them a little more.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments