How to plonk a "moderator" in an OPEN forum who is only a real moderator in his developers' forum?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is due to the "moderator's" behaviour in these open forums. However, in the current KVR system you can't plonk a moderator, no matter what. There are a few of these people and I suspect that they are aware of this "feature" of the KVR system and get over on it. This is basically an abuse of moderators' privileges.

Plonk is better than fight, right? I am not in these developers' product forums, after brief exposure to them I would not go to their developers' forum. I do not expect to be able to plonk them in their own forums, but I would prefer not to be subjected to them in the open forums.

the problem with plonking someone is it does not affect quotes which can just make matters worse for the plonker (sorry :oops: ). There will always be a lot of selective quoting which can lead to reading things way out of context, especially if you had not read the rest of the post from the person you have blocked. Of course there is just as much quoting of full posts as well, so really how effective is plonking really? :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:the problem with plonking someone is it does not affect quotes which can just make matters worse for the plonker (sorry :oops: ). There will always be a lot of selective quoting which can lead to reading things way out of context, especially if you had not read the rest of the post from the person you have blocked. Of course there is just as much quoting of full posts as well, so really how effective is plonking really? :shrug:
I think its farluker who has a Greasemonkey script that hides quotes of the plonked. But I agree with the OP; More than one 'developer' with a forum here has misused their extra privileges, and it'd be nice to restore that balance somewhat.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

WTF is plonking?

Kriminal wrote:WTF is plonking?
I was about to ask the same question :?

Do I be google?
plonk

farlukar wrote:Do I be google?
plonk
Do I be educated :hihi:

I assume it means to mute, block, add foe :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

"Killfile" is a good term. "Ignore" is better. I'm not fond of "Add Foe" because these people are not actual foes or enemies, just people one would like to ignore for one reason or another.

As for quoted material, I also maintain a good mental killfile.

Armadillosound wrote:
Kriminal wrote:WTF is plonking?
I was about to ask the same question :?
As a non native speaker i asked the same question to myself and found this in the "Urban dictionary":

http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=plonking

:oops:

Maybe this one is better:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plonking
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

If it's who I think it is, aren't they a moderator for a company forum where the company is now defunct?

The website's back end certainly seems to have gone to MySQL heaven.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Hink wrote:the problem with plonking someone is it does not affect quotes which can just make matters worse for the plonker (sorry :oops: ). There will always be a lot of selective quoting which can lead to reading things way out of context, especially if you had not read the rest of the post from the person you have blocked. Of course there is just as much quoting of full posts as well, so really how effective is plonking really? :shrug:
I think its farluker who has a Greasemonkey script that hides quotes of the plonked. But I agree with the OP; More than one 'developer' with a forum here has misused their extra privileges, and it'd be nice to restore that balance somewhat.
c'mon ...
this time that e-mail list has really been culled ...
really ...
i promise ...

whyterabbyt wrote:More than one 'developer' with a forum here has misused their extra privileges, and it'd be nice to restore that balance somewhat.
It would be nice if everyone was held accountable to the same standards, but historically that hasn't happened, and you're right - some can pretty much do what they want on the forums and remain here to continue to do it.

whyterabbyt wrote:
I agree, but that's a long way to go for avoidance and it wont solve the problem. It will solve the problem for the individual but still the underlying problem will still exist. Unfortunately I dont see a better option

robojam wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:More than one 'developer' with a forum here has misused their extra privileges, and it'd be nice to restore that balance somewhat.
It would be nice if everyone was held accountable to the same standards, but historically that hasn't happened, and you're right - some can pretty much do what they want on the forums and remain here to continue to do it.
Sadly, I can confirm that.

It's going on for quite a while that "certain users" have more rights than others, and that "certain moderators" abuse their powers instead of keeping balance to the boards.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Site Stuff”