What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF

41051 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They opened up a WINGSTOP nearby!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Actually, I have no idea if I'll like them, but I always wanted to try it :)
trimph1
KVRAF

13747 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:06 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:
trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

Which reminds me, Mother Acid Temple are playing a tiny local club soon, that could be loud. :)

Only gigs that caused me prolonged ear issues were Dinosaur Jr and Little Steven of all people; played a local hall around '86/7 (so height of his fame really) but there were only a few dozen people. Sound was way too loud and just echoed horribly, half the audience promptly disappeared to the bar. Give him his due though, carried on like a trooper, quite a show really.

That should be a good one for sure. AMT did really well here a little while back. They have been on a tear lately 8)
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
bluedad
something special

7984 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:51 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Stopped at Guitar Center today to look at the Korg nano stuff and walked out with a used Maschine Mk1 controller that looks brand new for $125
Got a new tire, put it on the 750 ACE so hopefully will be riding some tomorrow.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
GaryG
KVRAF

4614 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:41 am Re: what has made you happy today?

trimph1 wrote:That should be a good one for sure. AMT did really well here a little while back. They have been on a tear lately 8)

I've lost touch with them to be honest so need to get back up to speed. The local gig should be cool (Ramsgate Music Hall), supported by a local band 'The Ramsgate Hovercraft'; experimental, 'krautrock' kind of stuff, main guy is Mark Bandola who people may remember from The Lucy Show (80s major label band, not the show... :))
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Since I'm poor, I get a lot of emails with "Save much money, buy this and that with 20 %, 30 %, 40 % or 50 % discount..."

But now I've found a way to really save money - by not buying anything! :P :wheee:
vurt
addled muppet weed

33628 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:28 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

GaryG wrote:
trimph1 wrote:That should be a good one for sure. AMT did really well here a little while back. They have been on a tear lately 8)

I've lost touch with them to be honest so need to get back up to speed. The local gig should be cool (Ramsgate Music Hall), supported by a local band 'The Ramsgate Hovercraft'; experimental, 'krautrock' kind of stuff, main guy is Mark Bandola who people may remember from The Lucy Show (80s major label band, not the show... :))
im guessing the liverpool date is at a tiny venue, ive spoken to a few people, several of whom actually live in lpool, none of them have heard of the venue.
its gonna be in someones living room ...
wont be the first time thats happened to me!
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

775 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:05 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

http://www.thekazimier.co.uk/home/

looks fairly small, but pretty cool to me

one or two bands i know of in the listings
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:21 am Re: what has made you happy today?

ooh, yeah looks good, thanks.
ill be nipping over in the next few days for tickets.
will have to keep an eye on it too, looks like they have some interesting stuff on.
the winter garden looks nice too.
SODDI
KVRAF

2683 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

What makes me happy is the collection of musical oddities that I have in my computer that I can (and usually do) use every day. Yeah some of them are f***ed up and I hate paying good money for bad programs, but all in all I've got this huge chunk of POTENTIAL that pretty much all works together at the same time - and only crashes once or twice a week.

I like making sounds. Programming patches is about the funnest thing to do in the world after sex.
trimph1
KVRAF

13747 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

vurt wrote:ooh, yeah looks good, thanks.
will have to keep an eye on it too, looks like they have some interesting stuff on.

One band I have been watching is Earthless. They played at a teensy weensy club in Toronto Ontario and it was really good. I'm wondering if they ever played on the UK..
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7306 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Been playing my Fender trash guitar clean with a compressor, realized the insides needed to be shielded. That's expense and time, so I put black tape over the pickup and it works great.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/RunBeerRun5 -Youtube jams
https://twitter.com/RunBeerRun5 -Twitter rants
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:26 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

trimph1 wrote:
vurt wrote:ooh, yeah looks good, thanks.

One band I have been watching is Earthless. They played at a teensy weensy club in Toronto Ontario and it was really good. I'm wondering if they ever played on the UK..

i know of them, but have never seen them live nor do i recall ever seeing posters or flyers. obviously i may have just missed them as i dont get out as much as i used to.
in fact these days i tend to find out about gigs afterwards!
LimboLoves
KVRist

410 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:20 pm Re: what has made you happy today?

Seeing my baby niece through webcam.
Numanoid
KVRAF

8648 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:33 am Re: what has made you happy today?

trimph1 wrote:When I saw Yamatsuka Eye with Merzbow that was loud. Loud enough to pop a few ceiling tiles from a Toronto club they were at. The old ears were ringing for a few days... :lol:

I saw Merzbow with Russell Haswell 10 years ago or so.

Warm up act was Aphex Twin (he had tagged along on the road as he was friends with Haswell)

Aphex did a pretty good warm up, Merzbow/Haswell then entered cranked up the volume (that is crunk for you :D ) and just emptied the whole hall.

I had smuggled in a wee bottle of brandy, which I happily shared a zip of with Aphex, meeting him in the foyer afterwards. It was nice seeing him in person after being a fan since the early 90's :tu:
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

775 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:57 am Re: what has made you happy today?

Latest stuff I hear from Haswell makes my ear bleed.

Like broken mp3s run through 15 different distortion units, put in a long sock, swung around like a swingshot and thrown at the side of your head with the vague idea that some of it might get in your ear canal (who cares if it breaks thru your skull and takes half your head with it!)

That's the point, I guess.

I still want to see Prurient live just to see if it is quite as mental as I've heard. Ear plugs might be a requirement to sticking it out to the end I think.
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic