how to make Uplifting trance more full

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

been paying more attention to other uplifting tracks from like Artic Moon, Simon O'shine..etc and their tracks are just so massive and full.

Obviously there's a huge gap between me and them when it comes to producing but what i can i add to the track? is it more layers? Could part of it is that they have been mastered?

Any help is greatly appreciated:-)

https://soundcloud.com/alfredclayton/pi ... se/s-iixTa

There's no one thing really.

What I'd concentrate on first is layering up some more aggressive percussion and mid bass parts. It's fairly common to have 2-3 layers of basses running in variations of offbeat 16th notes sitting at slightly different frequencies. High pass them at about 200hz so they don't interfere with your subb bass. Those two elements alone will start to give you the drive of some of the more modern uplifting trance.

Heard a massive synth string sound in a down lifter section on a track that played on Who's afraid 138?

Wish i made a note of what song that was.

Made me wonder What synth was used for it? Or was it multiple instances of many synths as tehlord suggests?

Side chain compression seems to be a must for great production but I'll admit, I still have a lot to learn about Uplifting Trance. It only recently caught my attention as I migrate more and more away from rock.

That reminds me, I also heard a track from Armin Van Buuren's little brother (forgot his name), utilizing electric guitar and it was very cool utilized in trance. Seems like the door is still wide open for just about anything.

Great post! hope it gets a lot of responses.
Last edited by funkystrings on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks Bluff! ill give it a try!

Don't forget to have your sound set at Negative 6 db, and buy Titan Maximizer (ioxaudioware) for your rack extensions (Reason Prpoellerhead) and place it with your individual tracks. That will solve your massive fullness to your wave sample. To be more trancey sounding try more reverb and echos,or synths. What you have is good!

tons of reverb and detuned unison, also try stacking octaves.

Good song, but you also didn't give yourself enough head room and sounds like the samples has artifacts in it!

This version has sausage Fattener on the main Bus to make it loud( just so it would sound loud enough to preview in my car lol ) so thats killed a lot of headroom. and what do you mean the samples have artifacts?

I can't hear that you are using a lot of FX. These, followed by modulation and rolls / drops, build the atmosphere.

Otherwise it's pretty good, just a matter of practice how to make a good groove.

A general advice is that less is more, some parts need to be full and powerful, while the others need simplicity and space. Never good to have everything playing all the time.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Yeah i havent use many effects....Not really sure what kind of effects to use honestly haha

use multiple synths for a sound
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Return to “Music Cafe”