How many free ARP Vst Emulations available?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arppe2600va Oddy-Free Pro SoloVst

I have
Elektrostudio's ODsay.
EFM's Axxe (both I & II) and Oddse,
Arppe2600va,
Prosolovst,
Synthschool's Odyssey.
And one called Oddy-Free.

Is there more ARP vst's for free out there or do I have them all ?

Thanks in advance :)
:tu: All is good

timewARP 2600 by WayOutWare, they have kikAxxe too

(oops... those are not free though)

How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?

Urs wrote:timewARP 2600 by WayOutWare, they have kikAxxe too

(oops... those are not free though)
TimeWARP hinted at a x64 Kickaxe port then was never heard from again.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=365733

Would Urs be interested in reviving a ProSoloist clone project? A very unique monosynth.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336382
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

beely wrote:How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?
:hihi: Heh heh! Well said. GAS or what?

That said, I have been using Odsay, it is a lovely plugin, one of my faves, and I have thousands. (and yes I make music with them... :hyper: )

beely wrote:How many do you need before you feel you can make some music?
I don't need them all in order to make music. I was merely asking if I had all of the freebies.
I like ARP emulations, not just to record with but also to plug my midi keyboard into and play around with.
There is a very good chance I would only use one or two in a recording.

From what I have seen around the web, I think you have listed all the free available ones. The odyssey variations are just cosmetically different (so I believe) except the Oddy-Free, that one is based on the MKII odyssey with the "moog type" filter. The Arppe2600va is an amazing vst, spending some time with that is well worth it. Also source out and download some of ARP's user manuals for the ones you have listed, all a great read and an insight into early analog synthesis. The vst versions behave using the same building blocks (except in a digital domain)

Edit - Just had a look at the ODsay and that one has an echo effect added.

Maomoondog wrote:From what I have seen around the web, I think you have listed all the free available ones. The odyssey variations are just cosmetically different (so I believe) except the Oddy-Free, that one is based on the MKII odyssey with the "moog type" filter. The Arppe2600va is an amazing vst, spending some time with that is well worth it. Also source out and download some of ARP's user manuals for the ones you have listed, all a great read and an insight into early analog synthesis. The vst versions behave using the same building blocks (except in a digital domain)

Edit - Just had a look at the ODsay and that one has an echo effect added.
+1 to the above.

As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote: +1 to the above.

As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)
I am envious, I think back now and remember we picked a used Roland System 100 http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/sys100.php over a used Arp2600 :dog:

you have most of them but gforce oddity and arturia arp2600 v were not mentioned

Prolly because they aren't free. :hihi:

trimph1 wrote: As one who still has :o an ARP2600 I have to say that the Arppe2600va sounds extremely close to the original. You can make some amazing things with that one. :)
Good to know, i always wondered how close of an emulation it is.

I definitely prefer the Arppe2600va. That is a really inspiring synth.

Also, slightly off topic, the OddyFree is a really good clone of the ARP Odyssey.

Thank you all for your responses. It does seem that I have all of the freebies. :tu:

Happy to be of help along the way :)
As I mentioned, it's worth downloading pdf's of the original synths, just to get to know them a little more.

Return to “Instruments”