Ohmicide vs. Maul

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had Ohmicide.... used it allot, mainly for saturation (not utter destruction!!)

Ohmicide would be great if it had some things "fixed" ... like some phase stuff and phase again (via crossover points)

..meaning, you may not really like what it does to the sound if you want to use if more subtly...

I kinda miss it.

Maul in my experience is too dull in comparison and cross-over point phase doesn't get "much" better either...
I'm also tempted to get it back for 29$ ... but not much funds for that lately! :cry:

anyway, ...a quality upgrade with less algos atm would be FF Saturn IMO... too expensive new obviously :P

no love for native instruments driver??? this plugin is a great distortion plugin and dead simple to use too. does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms? nope they don't besides using to many distortion algorithms can ruin a song.

obstgegenrechz wrote:what i love very much about ohmicide is the per band gate <3
Yah it can turn drum loops into amazing sounding things when you have the right settings dialed in.
:borg:

AstralExistence wrote:does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms?
Yes. I need at least 1 exaton of different distortion algorithms to be completely satisfied with a distortion plugin. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

AstralExistence wrote:does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms?
If we're talking multi-band... then yes! not too many (wasting too much time selecting the "perfect" one), not too less (really, we need at least a number of them... )
Last edited by 3ee on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post :D

Yes, one does.
AstralExistence wrote:nope they don't besides using to many distortion algorithms can ruin a song.
So can using too many notes. Let's just stick with E# for everything!

AstralExistence wrote: does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms? nope they don't besides using to many distortion algorithms can ruin a song.
Tell that to Trent Reznor
:borg:

i didnt buy maul, it seems ohmicide is ugly but still the better one of them ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

V0RT3X wrote:Tell that to Trent Reznor
:lol: :lol: :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Which algorithms do y'all have most success with?

This is one plug I own that I find can be very tricky to dial in.

Cheers.

I keep forgetting I have Ohmicide! I really need to use it more. I would say it is perfect for destroying a sound Industrial style.

AstralExistence wrote:no love for native instruments driver??? this plugin is a great distortion plugin and dead simple to use too. does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms? nope they don't besides using to many distortion algorithms can ruin a song.
There is no such thing as too many distortion algorithms. There is such a thing as poor mixing and it's quite common. They are just options. Some of which are pretty nifty and far from just being different transfer functions on a waveshaper.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

V0RT3X wrote:
AstralExistence wrote: does one really need tons of different distortion algorithms? nope they don't besides using to many distortion algorithms can ruin a song.
Tell that to Trent Reznor
good point

I like Maul but it eats up my cpu.
Bitwig

Return to “Effects”