What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Atom Hub
KVRist

86 posts since 4 Dec, 2012

Postby Atom Hub; Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

Hi,

The Old Mandolin has been updated to v2.0. Although this time I have not reworked it from scratch, I have sampled new 80 MB of sound effects (flageolets kind of sounds), processed old samples, effected them, tuned them where needed, remapped where needed and most of all created a lot of new patches - tonal, atonal, percussive, bellish, mandolinish resembling instruments like harp, koto, kalimba,
cimbalom... A nice new GUI is provided to operate bunch of useful effects. The goal with the Mando was to bring a sample collection of "slightly different" experimental instrument - with its flaws and imperfections to maintain its organic value, unpredictability and obscurity, yet stay harmonic, ethereal, kind of dreamy. Now it finally has more options and better tweakability implemented so it can be used more freely and easily this way.

More info in the PDF:

http://www.atomhub.net/Old_Mandolin.html

The demo:

https://soundcloud.com/atomhub/sakura-will-not-tell-anyone

(More songs coming in the next days)

Old Mandolin (15 €)

- 16-24 bit / 44,1 kHz
- 260 MB installed
- 81 nki files (374 wav files) in 7 categories
- up to 3 RR variations
- 80 MB of new material
- Basic mandolin patches
- Knocks, hits, percussive sounds
- Extra FX patches ranging from experimental
to calming and ethereal ones

The offer for existing Old Mandolin owners - 5€. (Details on the website)

Good day to everyone

Mato
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Atom Hub on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.atomhub.net
FREE and lowcost experimental sound libraries for Kontakt 5
wakax
KVRAF

1679 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from Timisoara, Romania

Postby wakax; Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:18 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

versatile stuff.
xNiMiNx
KVRian

588 posts since 24 Mar, 2010

Postby xNiMiNx; Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:19 pm Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

wakax wrote:versatile stuff.

+1, nice demo
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:23 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

thanx guys
www.atomhub.net
dj.andy.warhol
KVRist

110 posts since 14 Aug, 2013

Postby dj.andy.warhol; Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:24 pm Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

Awesome samples, thanks !
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

you are welcome Mr. Warhol ! :-) (yours too !)
www.atomhub.net
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

www.atomhub.net
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

Hi,

40 percent off discount on my Old Mandolin, exclusively on http://www.vstbuzz.com/

enjoy

Mato
www.atomhub.net
GJK
KVRist

270 posts since 9 Nov, 2007

Postby GJK; Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:19 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

anything new cooking over at AtomHub ?
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

GJK wrote:anything new cooking over at AtomHub ?

Yes ! Few days to releasing of something ambient ;-) and the second thing will have a lot of sun, sand and waves in it (look at the FB Atomhub page banner)

regards

Mato
www.atomhub.net
GJK
KVRist

Postby GJK; Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:39 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

:)
GJK
KVRist

Postby GJK; Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 pm Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

judging by the quality of your previous work I will likely be purchasing it as soon as it is released.. any teasers or clues about what the "ambient" instrument is ?
Atom Hub
KVRist

Postby Atom Hub; Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:26 pm Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

Thank you GJK. I was pleasantly surprised by the acceptance of my Lost Horizon so I decided to follow with more guitar driven ambient stuff. So this one is again electric guitar with some more uquipment sampled and effected. Destination: cosmos and exploration of an unknown planet :-) I need few more days, maybe week until it is finished.

have a good day
www.atomhub.net
wakax
KVRAF

1679 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from Timisoara, Romania

Postby wakax; Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:30 pm Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

great update. lovely stuff:)
mellotronaut
KVRAF

9969 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 am Re: OLD MANDOLIN v2.0 - Ethereal and obscure

:love: bought it on vstbuzz after having listened to the demos above. this is very inspiring stuff, especially the tonal organ-like patches. Great!
"It dreamed itself along"
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries