IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

anxiousmofo wrote:Thanks. Will ST3 maintain a constant internet connection to IK, or only ping IK when one clicks on that shopping cart page?
No it will not maintain a connection to IK. This is where it will be like Custom Shop, you would need to click the icon in order to instantiate any connection (in the case of Custom Shop it opens the Custom Shop app, though).

Thanks, Peter. I already pre-ordered, so was on board either way.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

So I guess the Sampletank 3 SE is available with the new Irig midi 2 interface?

And Mac and PC users can enjoy the full creative power of SampleTank 3 SE, a free version of IK’s next generation SampleTank 3 desktop sound workstation. Beyond all that’s included, iRig MIDI 2 works with all MIDI-compatible Mac and PC software as well as the entire spectrum of
I wonder what are the limitations of the SE?

Rajah wrote:So I guess the Sampletank 3 SE is available with the new Irig midi 2 interface?

And Mac and PC users can enjoy the full creative power of SampleTank 3 SE, a free version of IK’s next generation SampleTank 3 desktop sound workstation. Beyond all that’s included, iRig MIDI 2 works with all MIDI-compatible Mac and PC software as well as the entire spectrum of
I wonder what are the limitations of the SE?
It has a pared-down sound library and does not import. There may be other differences, we'll have full details upon release.

"It has a pared-down sound library and does not import. There may be other differences, we'll have full details upon release."

I take that to mean if you wanted to you could release a free (stripped down) 64-bit version for current Sampletank 2.5 users, but you chose not to. Is that a correct statement?

Please....let's not go there again.

Of course they chose not to.

It's irrelevant at this point.

They have decided how they plan to go forward.

Choose to accept and support their decision or move on like many have decided.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

tony_12345 wrote:"It has a pared-down sound library and does not import. There may be other differences, we'll have full details upon release."

I take that to mean if you wanted to you could release a free (stripped down) 64-bit version for current Sampletank 2.5 users, but you chose not to. Is that a correct statement?
This exchange deserves it's own 75 page thread.

:lol:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Please....let's not go there again.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Yes, let's all ignore all previous assertions to the opposite, after all it's just business, and we all know what an oxymoron 'Business Ethics' is. :tu:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

It has its own 6 pages on our forum at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=6909 ... Not that history repeats itself or saying that this is the way it will be with ST3, but the free version of SampleTank 2 was released about two years after its initial release. You are not forced to purchase SampleTank 3 if you do not want to, and you can wait for the possibility in the future but SampleTank 3 is what it is and the "free version" official answer is on our forum at the link I just shared.

Of course all official information about SampleTank 3 is available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 including the limited-time preorder pricing which is quite a deal for all that you get which ends soon.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Please....let's not go there again.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
+1

Looking forward to 24th July :hyper:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It has its own 6 pages on our forum at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=6909 ... Not that history repeats itself or saying that this is the way it will be with ST3, but the free version of SampleTank 2 was released about two years after its initial release. You are not forced to purchase SampleTank 3 if you do not want to, and you can wait for the possibility in the future but SampleTank 3 is what it is and the "free version" official answer is on our forum at the link I just shared.

Of course all official information about SampleTank 3 is available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 including the limited-time preorder pricing which is quite a deal for all that you get which ends soon.
It has nothing to do with ST2 and I'm sorry I mentioned it. I'm just wondering how users can get ST3 SE. Is it a correct statement to say only registered users of iRig Midi 2 can get ST3 SE?

ST3 SE is the version that comes with iRig MIDI 2 and will likely be included with other products (as we do now with SampleTank 2 L etc). It is not available for purchase directly.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:ST3 SE is the version that comes with iRig MIDI 2 and will likely be included with other products (as we do now with SampleTank 2 L etc). It is not available for purchase directly.
You had previously mentioned that there will be a ST3 DEMO also.
How does that compare to this ST3 SE?
And is its release date still the same as mentioned before? (July 24,2014)

BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:ST3 SE is the version that comes with iRig MIDI 2 and will likely be included with other products (as we do now with SampleTank 2 L etc). It is not available for purchase directly.
You had previously mentioned that there will be a ST3 DEMO also.
How does that compare to this ST3 SE?
And is its release date still the same as mentioned before? (July 24,2014)
Yes there will be a demo, it will have a small yet representative sound library and will not import. It is still slated to coincide with the main SampleTank 3 release date.

9 days left! Since this is actually a countdown now :) http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3

Return to “Instruments”