Bleepman, free retro lo-fi synthesizer for Kontakt 4 - released

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can tell I spent a big hunk of 80's playing videogames. This is another bleeping synthesizer for Kontakt.

looks:

sounds:
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/bl ... ng-presets

It's free to grab and use, weights 1MB zipped, requires full version of Kontakt 4.2 or newer. You don't need a facebook account or registering anything to download the file, in fact, you don't even have to like it.

details:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... epman.html
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

once again proving that K5 is quite the pandora's box when the right cook is in the kitchen ;)
masterful stuff here. Loads of phun and phunktion :tu:

Thank you, so is it usable without any hints and help?

Small update, new file uploaded;
- modulation sequence can be now assigned to 2nd unison note properties
- saving/loading presets
- sequence auto generation, which is quite fun, the automaton can now generate larger sequences using randomizer buffer, this is dependent on modulation target, for pitch sequences it will stick to a randomly picked scale...
- some minor fixes.

No docs needed ...work fine for me !!!
improvements sound killer too! I have to download it afterwhile and get back to you!
thanks again, ZQ!

Cool. Here, quick demo for the new feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UMQ_QIQlw

This. is. fan. tastic.

Thank you!

This is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for for a project. No problems using it, very nicely done GUI. THANK YOU!!

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having fun with this. I wasn't really plan to develop it much further, but as I was playing around, I've been tempted to try some things... So one more little update, the last before final.
Changes:
- fixed arp-sequence interaction for shadow notes, sequence modulator was overwriting arp for uni voices, now they work together.
- sequence transformations now apply to randomizer buffer in 'looped random mode'.
- new arp modes, pattern - this is using pre-generated sequence for arp; uni-split - this is using monophonic keyboard slip to separate voices, main voice will only play in monophonic part, and shadow notes only in polyphonic part, so you can trigger pitch sequences with one hand, and play lead melody with the other.
- mod wheel new function - it will modify start point for looped random mode and pattern arp, simply put, move mod-wheel to change pattern.
- snap pattern - kind of little, simple scale enforcer for pitch sequences and arp patterns.

Looks like a LOT of fun to be had, and I will play this weekend.

Thank you :)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

It's loads of fun, thanks for making this!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thanks for writing about my stuff, I appreciate it.

Lovely! I'm working one-handed for the next few weeks, so this couldn't have come at a better time!
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

Hope, you find it enjoyable toy.
Also, this thread is getting a bit old and despite lack of news, this device is neither finished nor abandoned. It's still almost there, I'm writing a short manual to cover some less obvious concepts and I was tweaking pattern generation and pattern snap (scale enforcer) routines, cleared some cosmetic bugs too. Hope to get it done by the end of the month, I'll put info in this thread and on my sample-blog. If you have any suggestions, shoot.

It seems that Kontakt doesn't support automation of ui_tables, or I'm too dumb to figure it... Anyway, I wanted to edit sequences with hardware controller's sliders, so I made some simple support for midi learn. This is gonna be one of new little things in final version. Here, I was playing around with it, keeping one finger on the keyboard and fumbling with sliders...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxe5pgFxCo

Also I found that sustain pedal functionality is broken, so one more thing to fix...

The download file has been updated.
There were two major problems: extra voices were going off-tune in monophonic mode and sustain pedal wasn't working. Hopefully those issues are fixed now. Sustain pedal thing gave me a lot of headache, it's combinations with mono mode (and its keyboard split mode) and arp modes made some things twisted inside out. I can only blame myself for making things too complicated. I hate to spread a broken gadget, so here's another beta update, although I wasn't planning it.
I'm not sure, if many people actually use sustain pedal. Mine has backwards polarity, so I added polarity switch, available via synth menu. Before anyone asks, if you activate monophonic mode and split the keyboard, sustain pedal state will only affect monophonic part. It's not a bug, it's a feature. :P

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”