3yu

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://archive.org/download/3yuFinal1/3yuFinal1.mp3

Another sort of pop song. Vocals start out affected and breaking up in falsetto but get better. Standard instruments: guitar [eleven rack, revalver], bass [guitar rig], drums [bfd3 and superior drummer2], and synth [reasynth]. Vocoder is Melda's.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the mix is not competing in the loudness wars so you'll need to turn up your listening device to obtain perceived loudness parity with commercial songs.

Lyrics:

'Oh Mary, the world's still a wonderful sight -
Just hanging there silent, surrounded by night.
If my story ends here, alone, floating free -
I don't think I'll mind it's the last that I'll see.

I've thought of your grace in the starlight, and then -
I'd hoped and I'd prayed that I'd see you again.
I can't help but wonder, if somewhere in town,
Are you looking up dear, while I'm looking down?

When dreams are forgotten, and all hope has gone,
When promises stolen, this life carries on -
I'll wait for a while, while the engines run low;
I'll think of your smile, and I'll want you to know:

I'm picturing you under warm summer skies -
I'm thinking of us, and I'm closing my eyes.
It's this that I wanted, but never forget -
I'd trade it for you, and a moment more yet.'

Lyrics Source
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

I like how you took a well known song recipe and made it into
something special and out of the ordinary.

The mix is a little "clouded" in places, but not in a degree that
took away my enjoyment of this track.

Well done :clap:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Thanks for listening and commenting sbj. :) I'm sure the mix could be clearer. I didn't do any equalizing. Though there is lots of compression on the drums, bass, and vocals. I sort of like it when the the instruments all mush together. Glad the mix didn't detract too much from enjoying the song.

I get a 404 error trying to download this.
No longer a moderator.

Sorry about that. It should be working now.

Okay, got it now. Thanks.

I haven't listened yet. Back tomorrow.
No longer a moderator.

The vocal treatments in the early verses were giving me Syd Barrett flashbacks, both the sounds and the melodies. In fact the whole track seemed to have an early Floyd on Steroids feel. I noticed a few "pops" during that repeated first verse. Was that the vocal processing? This was a very enjoyable song.

Good work :)

I noticed some pops too. And cloudiness. Neither stopped me from enjoying this. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

seismic1 wrote:The vocal treatments in the early verses were giving me Syd Barrett flashbacks, both the sounds and the melodies. In fact the whole track seemed to have an early Floyd on Steroids feel. I noticed a few "pops" during that repeated first verse. Was that the vocal processing? This was a very enjoyable song.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic for listening and commenting. The pops were probably brought out by the processing. My mic technique (too close) was probably the source. I could have reduced those with volume automation envelope. Thanks for the Floyd reference; that's very flattering.

:)

D.H. Miltz wrote:I noticed some pops too. And cloudiness. Neither stopped me from enjoying this. Thanks.
Thanks for listening and commenting D.H. I guess my mix sensibility diverges a bit from the norm. Glad you still enjoyed.

:)

bump :)

Return to “Music Cafe”