Vocaloid sounds like crap..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand why anybody would want to choose using this over a real singer.

Audio Demos here http://www.mikubook.com/

Product info here
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html ... 60::517559

I think If I needed something like this I would just get a half-decent singer and autotune or melodyne him.

Anyone actually use this stuff?
:borg:

popular in japan....it's for fun, no one is really expecting to use it to replace a real singer... but for what it IS, it's pretty cool...

fisherKing wrote:popular in japan....it's for fun, no one is really expecting to use it to replace a real singer... but for what it IS, it's pretty cool...
Exactly.. we're talking about a culture that masturbates to cartoons, I don't think realism is very important to them. lol

fisherKing wrote:popular in japan....it's for fun, no one is really expecting to use it to replace a real singer... but for what it IS, it's pretty cool...

$150 is a lot of money for something that sucks at what it does :shrug:

Oh well I guess there is always a niche out there somewhere. I guess if i ever want to make a electronic EDM hit for japanese people i'll keep this in mind.

V0RT3X wrote:$150 is a lot of money for something that sucks at what it does :shrug:
Well… oh, nevermind...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Beauty is within the ear of the beholder.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

It's crazy famous in Japan. They even have live concerts featuring Vocaloid. It doesn't sound terribly bad when mixed... though maybe what I heard was a mixture of Vocaliod and a real singer together. That would make it an easy sell to unsuspecting customers...

There's a freeware floating around called Utau ("Sing" in Japanese) that is supposed to work okay.

V0RT3X wrote:$150 is a lot of money for something that sucks at what it does :shrug:
Why do you think it sucks at what it does?

dformd wrote:
Why do you think it sucks at what it does?
Probably because it does.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Give me the speak n spell anyday :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx-SBQNT-P0

Well, it's as if I want say a blues guitar and I record some midi on my keyboard, then play it through a sampletank or kontant patch, and then complain that sampletank or kontant sucks. Of cource they suck at imitating lead guitars.

On the other hand, if I wanted a synth that plays a guitar sound....

My point being, it doesn't suck at what it does, but at what you think is should do (ie replace Janis Joplin or Elvis or even Lady Gaga- wait, I think it does the latter rather well!!! :D )
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick-boxing.

IMO the Zero-G stuff is some of the best for English.

https://www.zero-g.co.uk/store/vocaloid-c42.php

I got Prima in the sale and it works well as a realtime VSTi in Cubase 7.5 (Win7 64bit).

Avanna also sounds OK but can't be used as a VSTi without buying the full Vocaloid 3 editor.

Well, you don't use Vocaloid in place of a real singer. You use Vocaloids specifically for their robotic sound.

The Japanese band Perfume are real girls autotuned to sound like Vocaloids.

In order to answer "Why Vocaloid?" you have to understand Japan. It covers a broad spectrum of topics: sex, transgenderism, roleplay, electronic music, technology, and many more things.

Vocaloids become an extension of the composer.

A lot of people are transgendered, but not everyone can pull it off. Using a Vocaloid gives you a feminine voice.

My written voice is feminine, and I'm writing a novel under a female pen name. It's the same thing.

blackflag wrote: Exactly.. we're talking about a culture that masturbates to cartoons, I don't think realism is very important to them. lol
I quietly close my laptop and look around suspiciously, wondering how you could have seen me doing just that.

Seriously though it's 2014. Why can't I have a fully-custom female voice to insert into my recordings? I wish I could sing like a girl. And a guy. :x

Codestation wrote:
blackflag wrote: Exactly.. we're talking about a culture that masturbates to cartoons, I don't think realism is very important to them. lol
I quietly close my laptop and look around suspiciously, wondering how you could have seen me doing just that.
We've all been down that road. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”