What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What will be the next DAW update..?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
arkmabat
KVRAF
 
2539 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:24 pm Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

I'm still trying to learn the DAWs I have. I'd rather the updates slow down haha. :scared: :)
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41591 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 pm Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

spaceman wrote:..that everyone needs to have because without it it's pretty much impossible to make music. Because lets face it, all DAWs are crippled buggy pieces of junk at the moment that make it impossible to create professional music. Bitwig blew the crippled buggy Live out of the water, Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water and Studio One invented workflow, which no one had before that.

:P


:roll:
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41591 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

fedexnman wrote:More like what new ground breaking Host feature will come next or are they running out of ideas ? Kind of quiet in DAW land .


That's because instead of fixing shit people are bitching about, they are too busy "nfl channel" ing things. For example, if someone complains about a bug, then there are now "anti bug" people that say "it's not actually a bug, but........"

I wish I could keep up. My hard drive is full though...........
User avatar
chk071
KVRAF
 
3107 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:56 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

I won't say it isn't actually a bug, but IMO most DAW's have very few bugs, and are very stable. In fact, the only DAW which crashed a few times on me was Sonar X3. The rest, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper were all rock stable, and if there were problems, they occured with buggy plugins. Of course, software will always have bugs, but usually software in which stability is a main requirement will be quite good in that regard.

Also, they want to make money of course, and most people will be attracted by 20 new features in the next version, so...
trimph1
KVRAF
 
13991 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

HobbyCore wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
AusDisciple wrote:
spaceman wrote:.....Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water.....

:P

For my workflow and requirements, REAPER has succeeded. In all honesty, if a decent engineer cannot make professional music using REAPER, he (or she) isn't a decent engineer!!


Sure, after you spend a few years fixing the terrible default shortcuts, layout, skin, menu locations and learn sws.

Reaper is awful. :x


:lol: :x Reaper Rocks!!!!


Does not!

Does so!!! :P
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Arglebargle
KVRAF
 
2996 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Postby Arglebargle; Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

DAWs are terrible.
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8177 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

hibidy wrote:
spaceman wrote:..that everyone needs to have because without it it's pretty much impossible to make music. Because lets face it, all DAWs are crippled buggy pieces of junk at the moment that make it impossible to create professional music. Bitwig blew the crippled buggy Live out of the water, Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water and Studio One invented workflow, which no one had before that.
:P

:roll:

I hope you spotted the sarcasm..
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
21031 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

trimph1 wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
AusDisciple wrote:
spaceman wrote:.....Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water.....

:P

For my workflow and requirements, REAPER has succeeded. In all honesty, if a decent engineer cannot make professional music using REAPER, he (or she) isn't a decent engineer!!


Sure, after you spend a few years fixing the terrible default shortcuts, layout, skin, menu locations and learn sws.

Reaper is awful. :x


:lol: :x Reaper Rocks!!!!


Does not!

Does so!!! :P

Does not!

Let's see if we can figure out how far you can go with nesting quotes now...
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
33782 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

robo, dont fear the reaper, man...

next daw update will be actual pressable buttons and a cup holder.
without these how the hell is anyone supposed to get anything done ffs?
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8177 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

vurt wrote:robo, dont fear the reaper, man...

next daw update will be actual pressable buttons and a cup holder.
without these how the hell is anyone supposed to get anything done ffs?

I've had to make my own makeshift cup holders.
Not ideal.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
21031 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

vurt wrote:robo, dont fear the reaper, man...

I don't. But it needs more cowbell.
trimph1
KVRAF
 
13991 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

Reaper does not suck.
.:hihi:
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
21031 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 am Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

trimph1 wrote:Reaper does not suck.
.:hihi:

OK, it inhales air then. :hihi:
User avatar
spaceman
KVRAF
 
8177 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 pm Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

I guess if you stick cup holders on a DAW you should put suction cups on it as well. Don't want to move and spill your drink.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41591 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:26 pm Re: What will be the next DAW update..?

spaceman wrote:
hibidy wrote:
spaceman wrote:..that everyone needs to have because without it it's pretty much impossible to make music. Because lets face it, all DAWs are crippled buggy pieces of junk at the moment that make it impossible to create professional music. Bitwig blew the crippled buggy Live out of the water, Reaper was going to blow everything out of the water and Studio One invented workflow, which no one had before that.
:P

:roll:

I hope you spotted the sarcasm..


Oh, I did :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)