What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Mister Natural
KVRian

1300 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 pm Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

I'm just not sure - but it's 1000% either way with nothing in between

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Gibson-Les ... 1c43137eb1

peace
an expert on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
tapper mike
KVRAF

3611 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:36 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

It's an eye catcher that's for sure. Are you trying to bring back the summer of love? I'm sure it would be great for a 60's revivalist gig.
Armadillosound
KVRian

741 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Armadillosound; Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Looks loud, bet it sounds loud too.
cryophonik
KVRAF

4017 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:01 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

All the colors of the rainbow. It just needs a mother-of-pearl unicorn inlay and you'd have the ultimate trance axe. 8)
fragmentated
KVRist

220 posts since 21 Feb, 2006, from Richmond, VA

Postby fragmentated; Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Not really my thing. If I remember right the SGs had a few color variations at least. I think the LP ones were only in the rainbow.
Mister Natural
KVRian

1300 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:09 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

I think the neck, body profile and see-thru back switch covers look insanely beautiful. Not certain of the top - I'd reserve judgement until I see it in person
an expert on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
Acid Mitch
KVRAF

1561 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:25 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Brilliant.
ras.s
KVRian

825 posts since 2 Dec, 2008, from Finland

Postby ras.s; Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Is it made of plywood? Looks like it is and that the colors on the front are done by shaping the body (so that the red in the center is at a higher point than the red on the edge). Looks cool. It's possible to make quite strong and dense constructions by laminating ply (and with predictable end results), so I wonder how plywood sounds.

I'm no guitarist, though.

edit: D'oh. It says in the description that it's made of laminated layers aka plywood.

Anyone have experience with such guitars?
Last edited by ras.s on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aloysius
KVRAF

10333 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:39 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

It's an abomination imho.
My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
JCJR
KVRian

925 posts since 17 Apr, 2005

Postby JCJR; Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:52 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Its far out, man!

You can glue up hardwood into what might be called plywood, but is a much stronger material. Maybe glued up hardwood would have different resonant properties than a slab of wood, dunno. Lots of solid body geetars are glue-ups afaik, though not taken to such an extreme.

Back in the late 1960's fender sold some solid body guitars with clear finish and beautiful wood grain, except the wood grain was in intense neon colors. At the time, a store owner told me they got that effect by injecting color dye into the trees before harvesting the trees. But maybe he was speaking of what he knew nothing of, dunno.
debra1rlo
KVRAF

9650 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:06 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

yuck. if i could have painted it (and i could have) then it is an abomination
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm a dumb c**t
so don't try this at home
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7140 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

What does "professionally set up for low action" mean? Any beginner can adjust the truss rod, lower the bridge, and move the bridge saddles to adjust intonation, how is this "pro"?

I hope he uses pro boxes and ultra level tape to ship it, it's a pretty good deal.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
medienhexer
KVRist

337 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:19 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Would play it, would not buy it for 1600 bucks.
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
Hink
Rad Grandad

24640 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 am Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

an abomination? What's wrong with a p-90 with a PAF humbucker :shrug:
Thank cod I love fish
robojam
KVRAF

20602 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:45 pm Re: Is this Les Paul brilliant or an abomination ?

Looks like someone ate 20lbs of Skittles then fitted pickups to the resultant turd.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)