a certain VST midi sequencer. experimental? can't find it! help!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A while ago, maybe even a few years ago. There was this vst midi sequencer that let you 'paint'what notes you would allow to play out of a chord.

it was basically a super apregiator... At the time, I was on a MAC, so I couldn't use it. but now I'm back on Windows. would love to be able to find it.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

dw

Temper maybe?
http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/download.html

Rapid Composer would fit the bill too
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for trying, but this was a bit more unconventional.

It was almost like a drum machine layout.

It had a GUI with lines of squares. Just like a drum pattern machine.

The squares would indicate what notes of the midi you were sending would play.

Sort of like anarchy rhythm, but with midi.

I've done so many searches, but can't find it.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

My explanation doesn't truly do it justice. I haven't seen anything quite like it before.

It was not an arp, not a step sequencer, but similar to both.

Dw

It was done by an Indy developer, I'm almost want to say he didn't make anything else. a few years ago there was this thread where he would post videos.

Dw

I have no idea, but you've certainly got me interested in whatever it is.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Yeah, I remember it looking sweet. Not for everything, but demos looked awesome.

Sounds a little like a JS sequencer in Reaper called sequencer Megababy. There are a few versions that are similar in Reaper.

I can't find a video for megababy :(

man, I keep searching for it. it's gotta pop up.

I'm almost sure that I know the one you mean! My first thought was Chordspace but that's a hexagonal layout. I'm sure the one you're thinking of involves multicoloured squares. I brutally slimmed the plug list down on my new machine, but let me poke through my old plugs folder on the laptop...

Got it. Tonespace 2 is the one I thought it might be: http://www.mucoder.net/en/tonespace/

(edit: beaten to the punch!)

(edit 2: Just spotted it's available on Mac too. Perhaps not then :()

Here is a screen shot of one of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That Tonespace 2 sounds more like what you're after. Looks really good.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”