What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Yodlaf
KVRer

6 posts since 17 Jul, 2014

Postby Yodlaf; Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46 am Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and I need your help. I´ve been playing with VST´s for a while and want to experiment with sequencers and arpeggiators. Downloaded Arpimedes and Stepper today, but I just don´t get them to work. What am I doing wrong?

I use Cubase Elements 6 64 bit version and use JBridger if that is of any help...
Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Yodlaf
SODDI
KVRAF

2685 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 pm Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

Does Cubase Elements 6 come with Arpache and Arpache 5, internal MIDI arpeggiators? Those are pretty solid.

I've had good success with Thesys, but that .dll appears as an instrument in Cubase.
bob bobwood
KVRian

1430 posts since 24 Apr, 2010, from Nottingham

Postby bob bobwood; Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:40 pm Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

Don't know anything about Cubase but look up routing midi or midi routing in the help files if no ones offers a nice easy solution.
A-Z of Plugins, etc updated November 17th 2014
Yodlaf
KVRer

Postby Yodlaf; Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:31 am Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

SODDI wrote:Does Cubase Elements 6 come with Arpache and Arpache 5, internal MIDI arpeggiators? Those are pretty solid.

I've had good success with Thesys, but that .dll appears as an instrument in Cubase.

Hi,

Unfortunately Arpache does not come with Cubase 6. I´ve looked up Thesys, and it looks nice, but right now I don´t have the money to pay for a VST sequencer.
Thanks anyway!
Yodlaf
KVRer

Postby Yodlaf; Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:42 am Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

bob bobwood wrote:Don't know anything about Cubase but look up routing midi or midi routing in the help files if no ones offers a nice easy solution.

Hi,

None of them appear in the VST Instruments window. The only way I can choose them are lika a insert or send on a fx channel. And that doesn´t seem to work at all for me.
Thanks for answering!
bob bobwood
KVRian

1430 posts since 24 Apr, 2010, from Nottingham

Postby bob bobwood; Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:26 am Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

I just found this in the Blue Arp thread.
Kanodavich wrote:Hi all, first I like to say that I found the whole thread awesome. I wanna try out the Arp, witch I'm positive I would keep on using, but I can't make it work. I'm using Cubase 5, and the Arp load fine, recognize MIDI but doest make sound. I'm using Diva as a synth, and I change the "midi in" of Diva to the BlueArp. I change the ports and everything but I can't make work. Any help would be appreciated, since I really would like a good Arp for Diva and other Vst. Thanks to all and to graywolf, you're amazing.

EDIT: Solve, I just didn't active the record Button in both tracks :dog: Looks great, I'm gonna check it out deeply.

Might have no bearing on your problem of course, but you can also check out Blue Arp which the developer is continually working on. He's very helpful with queries.

http://www.graywolf2004.net/my-projects ... peggiator/
and his thread on KVR; viewtopic.php?t=361311
A-Z of Plugins, etc updated November 17th 2014
SODDI
KVRAF

2685 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 am Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

Yodlaf wrote:
SODDI wrote:Does Cubase Elements 6 come with Arpache and Arpache 5, internal MIDI arpeggiators? Those are pretty solid.

Hi,

Unfortunately Arpache does not come with Cubase 6. I´ve looked up Thesys, and it looks nice, but right now I don´t have the money to pay for a VST sequencer.
Thanks anyway!

I've never tried this - but try this.

Load up your synth. Load up one of your MIDI arpeggiators on an FX track. Now look at the MIDI input menu in the inspector on your synth track. Does it allow you to select the MIDI output of the arpeggiator track as the synth's input? It might. (I need to do similar gymnastics to run NI's The Finger.)

I cannot do this myself because I no longer have those MIDI plug-ins.
simpic
KVRist

34 posts since 21 Apr, 2012

Postby simpic; Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:28 pm Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

Hi, I don't think elements allows midi effect inputs onto a channel only audio effects. This was the case when I was looking to buy elements 7.
Yodlaf
KVRer

Postby Yodlaf; Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:31 am Re: Using Arpimedes and Stepper in Cubase? Noob needs help.

SODDI wrote:
Yodlaf wrote:

Hi,

Thanks anyway!

I've never tried this - but try this.

Load up your synth. Load up one of your MIDI arpeggiators on an FX track. Now look at the MIDI input menu in the inspector on your synth track. Does it allow you to select the MIDI output of the arpeggiator track as the synth's input? It might. (I need to do similar gymnastics to run NI's The Finger.)

I cannot do this myself because I no longer have those MIDI plug-ins.

Hi,

I tried this, but no luck. Many thanks anyway. I think simpic might be right - "I don't think elements allows midi effect inputs onto a channel only audio effects."
Is there anyway to get around this?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments