Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moving stuff about again. sigh.
to fit 2nd screen, get rid of the audio desk and fit in 19 inch audio interface.
Push doubles as a mouse pad.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

A new member arrived in the studio. (a couple of weeks post my monster bass trap build - which I didn't make a photo from so far).

Meet "Custom Cabin / 5 3/4U rack":

Took me almost 2 weeks of building and letting the acrylic paint fully dry out (aqua based paint is so much better for builds, or at weather that isn't constantly 30degree's). Still need to create some custom cover plates (probably out of wood, not metal) and exchange the inside shelves (currently 19mm MDF) with thinner and lighter material (probably plywood at 12-16mm). And I need a splitter box for the headphone amp to connect the additional AUX ports.

But I like the design so far. The lower cabinet will store all my microphones in the rec room, and most long cables for them. The top of the cabin has enough space to put down headphones. Maybe I'll screw on some clasps for hanging up cord extentions for the headphones.

At least I can finally sort out my cable cabinet... Though still a lot to do over here. And I need some more M6 screws...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Took some photos while installing Live 9.1.3 this evening ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^ Needs more carpet.

My little corner of the world...
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Just got this:

Got Octotrack coming monday for sequencing duties and a ZED14 mixer coming wednesday.

UPS dropped this off 20 mins ago.. now i'm just waiting for my ZED14, really happy I got the OT for sequencing/sampling duties. Love the big screen NOT found on the other Elektron gear I have.

I don't know why, but apparently, my camera likes to do wide angle pictures now? Strange.

Anyway... finally beat my weaker self. The absorber panels were done for quite a while now, but I was never ever in the mood to hang them on to the walls. It also turned out that I had a really stubborn wall in terms of hammering in nails (I have no idea what material was beneath the plaster), so I had to use drywall screws and gypsum to fix the damaged wall again. *cough*

Pics or it didn't happen:

My Twitter account (yes, I have one now) has the same pictures, but more "artsy".

Now I only miss the cabling to re-connect the monitor room/control room with the live room/rec room. This will hopefully happen next month, after I'm paid for my last two live mixing jobs. And if I can finally wrap my head around the routing I want to have... :?

That, and getting a fourth 2D QRD from HOFA.
But I definitely need more funds first.

And... I also need to do some more purging in that room. Too much stuff stored in there. But I'm finally seeing the end of the tunnel.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hi all,

a small rearrange during holidays:

TFTs now mounted on the desk :tu:

My first addition: a small and somewhat broken Teisco Mixer I use for feedback experiments :hyper:

My second addition to the setup, got it very cheap :D
It´s great to see that you play drums different from the way you program it - nice to "feel" the rhythm a bit more.
The internal sounds are crap, but the USB port works great in Cubase -> Kontakt and Battery :)

Finally another user that is not afraid to use Behringer Gear. Liking the Eurodesk Mackie Clone. You do run a bit hot on the channel faders however - unless that was intentional.

What AKAI Pad is that if I may ask?
And is that a Simmons/Worlde/Thomann/whatever E-Drum set? If so, what was the price and how is the response?

Can the AOC TFT's be raised/lowered in heigh? Unfortunately my two Samsung Syncmasters can't be.

Akai MPD16. The predecessor to the MPD18.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Compyfox wrote:Finally another user that is not afraid to use Behringer Gear. Liking the Eurodesk Mackie Clone. You do run a bit hot on the channel faders however - unless that was intentional.

What AKAI Pad is that if I may ask?
And is that a Simmons/Worlde/Thomann/whatever E-Drum set? If so, what was the price and how is the response?

Can the AOC TFT's be raised/lowered in heigh? Unfortunately my two Samsung Syncmasters can't be.
Jepp. I had a lots of stuff from them and it mostly has a bad SNR, though the MX8000 is one of the grey ones which AFAIK was the best of the MX series. The sound is good, I sum ALL of my work analog through it an it does its job quite well. I had a Mackie CR1604 a few years ago and it was worse.

Yeah, the faders were just raised to max to test the connections after plugging :D

As MushyMushy already wrote it´s an MPD16. Works, but I have to plug it into usb for power and submit data via MIDI, because win7 gives a f*** on this little machine :?

The drumset is a FAME (Music Store Cologne product(?)). Got it for 150€ with a better bassdrum machine and double-bass. It does a good job for this price and I´ve never learned to play drums so.... :D

The AOCs cannot be changed in heigth, they are fixed on the desk. But it should be no problem doing this with some kind of "rails"(?).

Ah... the FAME is actually a "Worlde" product if you're interested. This thing can be modified, the manual is utter crap for almost all Worlde products. 150EUR is a nice deal. They do cost more these days.

I was asking about the LCD's height adjustment, because I have a spot where they are already high. And should I get new TFT's (I need two as well), I fear that even though they are not 16:10 anymore but 16:9, that they are too high. I'd like to lower them.

Compyfox wrote:Ah... the FAME is actually a "Worlde" product if you're interested. This thing can be modified, the manual is utter crap for almost all Worlde products. 150EUR is a nice deal. They do cost more these days.

I was asking about the LCD's height adjustment, because I have a spot where they are already high. And should I get new TFT's (I need two as well), I fear that even though they are not 16:10 anymore but 16:9, that they are too high. I'd like to lower them.
Yes, nice deal indeed. I had to drive to cologne to get it.

The TFTs are screwed via the vesa port directly to the desk with this:

:D

I still don't have a real studio room yet, but this rig makes it easier to work on stuff without a dedicated space.

The front of the rack has a power conditioner, MOTU 828 mk3, API 2500 and TC Fireworx.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”